Plane Tickets Back Home

Thats who we're flying with in March/April fella.

You can't beat a stop in The Dam too..... :o

redrus

Yeah, or Amsterdamage as we like to call it :D

We just used to call it Amsterwhere :D Go with Ba direct for £415 return

If I'm right fella, its not direct from the north. It'll go to Heathrow. Not a problem for a Bristolian though.

redrus

Hi folks,

Okay, I know this is not directly related to this forum but I think it's the best place to post.

1, I am planning on booking a single ticket to BKK and 2 for the return trip to the UK. This is so my fiancee can travel back with me, sat next to each other on the same flight. This being the case when she gets her visa.

Has anybody done this before? Can I book 2 seats on the return flight, even though my fiancee will be in LOS at the time I book with the travel agents here in the UK?

2, Also, I believe that she will have to get her ID card changed from Miss to Mrs after we get married. I am led to believe this has to be done in her hometown. Can this be done in BKK? Also how long does it take? Once we are married and have the visa we will only have a period of around 1 week before returning to UK, hence my apprehension!

Thanks

Rj

Don't read these forums that often so apologies for the late reply.

To be honest the easiest thing for you to do (and probably the cheapest) is buy a economy return for yourself of at least Q class, which allows for return date to be changed for 30 days. Then once the visa is sorted buy a single ticket for your wife in Bangkok. Since local offices can give cheaper prices on flight from that destination than you can get in the UK.

I did this when my wife came back from Laos. I changed my flight to suit and bought her a single from Vientiane direct to LHR on Thai. Once the visa was given I went to the Thai office in BKK and asked them for a single from Vientiane to LHR the price they gave was approx 3 times the price of what office in Vientiane had quoted when we were there. She explained the above reason then.

As for seats I can't give you any advice of pre-booking seats together however with Thai I don't have any hassle, however I have my Gold Frequent flyers card so that makes such requests easier! :o

• 4 weeks later...
Hi folks,

Okay, I know this is not directly related to this forum but I think it's the best place to post.

1, I am planning on booking a single ticket to BKK and 2 for the return trip to the UK. This is so my fiancee can travel back with me, sat next to each other on the same flight. This being the case when she gets her visa.

Has anybody done this before? Can I book 2 seats on the return flight, even though my fiancee will be in LOS at the time I book with the travel agents here in the UK?

2, Also, I believe that she will have to get her ID card changed from Miss to Mrs after we get married. I am led to believe this has to be done in her hometown. Can this be done in BKK? Also how long does it take? Once we are married and have the visa we will only have a period of around 1 week before returning to UK, hence my apprehension!

Thanks

Rj

Personally I wouldn't tempt fate (or the whims of the consulate). Buy a single for yourself to LOS and buy 2 singles to UK after she gets her visa (hopefully).

Only saying that because 4 years ago I nearly went the route you are thinking about and my girlfriend (now wife) was refused a visa because I lied about where we met. It took another 6 months to redress the balance and a lot of humble pie to the consulate.

She won't need to change the ID card. As said before the names on passports MUST match tickets.

Good luck

I believe I can answer your question 1.

Most airlines don't let you choose your seat when you purchase the ticket. There are some exceptions for a few routes but normally your seat is assigned when you check-in at the airport. (or during electronic check-in)

So when you check-in at BKK airport, simply request that you want to seat together with your fiance and then 99% times they will be able to assign you and your fiance's seats together unless you check-in really late. If you go to the airport 3 hours before the departure, you won't have much problem with seating together.

sorry, i dont agree with you. the fact is, you can book/request a seat immediately when you book a ticket to a travel agent if really want to. i'm always having a confirmed assigned seat number before i purchase the ticket. pm me for more details.

cheers...

Just to clarify what I was originally asking, what I was trying to say was, can I book a ticket for my fiancee in the UK? So I go into Thompsons tomorrow, book a return ticket for myself and at the same time book a one way ticket from BKK to the UK for my fiancee, ie, my return flight. Just that if we wait until after she gets the visa to book her flight, I am afraid my flight would be full, thus meaning her flying back on her own, not what we want to do.

If you buy a cheapo ticket for her and your lady does is not granted a visa she will not be able to travel or you get your money back.

So I would give this one some thought for a flexible one way ticket (I'd go for a year to give you some chance of using it!) will cost I would imagine easily as much as a cheap return.

I doubt if anyone would recommend you investing in a cheap air ticket on the notion that your ladies visa is a foregone conclusion.

Edited by spacebass

To answer part of your original question...

To change the name or title on the ID card you need to make the change in the Tabian Ban first. The change in the Tabian Ban can only be done in the home town.

And of course to change the passport name you need to change the ID card.

So the order is Tabian Ban, then ID, then passport.

It does actually make sense but proved to be our down fall when we tried to do it in the wrong order.

To answer part of your original question...

To change the name or title on the ID card you need to make the change in the Tabian Ban first. The change in the Tabian Ban can only be done in the home town.

And of course to change the passport name you need to change the ID card.

So the order is Tabian Ban, then ID, then passport.

It does actually make sense but proved to be our down fall when we tried to do it in the wrong order.

There would not seem any other logical order to do it in? Thats if you wanted your married name on the passport, stamped or otherwise? When you goto to the Amphur they do it very quick... :o

If you take a look at www.travelocity.co.uk you can book tickets from outside the UK, to travel to the UK. Im not too sure if the passenger has to be the person named on the credit/debit card though.

I do know however, that you can book with KLM over the internet on behalf of a different traveller, and that despite having 2 seperate bookings it is still possible to link the 2 together and hence fly together next to each other. I know because I asked the airline yesterday.

But I agree with other posters, you should wait until the visa is secured before you book anything.

FM

Edited by falangaman

Thanks for the advise everyone. However, booking the tickets before hand is the only way I can be sure we will be returning together and at the same time.

If I buy a single ticket for outbound and two single tickets for the return, (once we have the visa) I think that will cost a fortune. I will have a look into it anyway.

Thanks for the advise everyone. However, booking the tickets before hand is the only way I can be sure we will be returning together and at the same time.

If I buy a single ticket for outbound and two single tickets for the return, (once we have the visa) I think that will cost a fortune. I will have a look into it anyway.

Single tickets may cost a bit more but, as I said, had I booked 1 return and 1 single, it would have cost more because my wife didn't get her visa first time. Rather be safe than too out of pocket (sorry that's the Scots coming out). Good luck whatever you choose.