Which Monitor For Desktop Pc

guzzi850m2

I am thinking about updating my ageing 22" Samsung monitor (not quite HD at 1680X1050 but fairly good).

I think I want a 27" monitor as I have an office in the house with a rather large desk so plenty of room.

After checking different shops in Pattaya it's seems to me that desk top monitors are not in high demand

and people just buy; well a monitor. I saw a 27" HD Samsung in Banana IT in Central to 8900 bath and they

also have a Samsung series 9 3D 27" to an eye watering 25.000 bath.

I don't play games on PC's but watch a lot of movies as my family commands the big flat screen in the living room

and I can't/don't want to watch an action movie on it because of my 3 year old son, so my office is a good place for me

to watch stuff like that.

After Goggling around for some time I found this:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a1c4716

What do you guys think about that? I wonder how much import tax I will have to pay, 30%?, still very tempted though.

Invadeit.com has a couple of 27" Dell monitors. I have a Dell U2410 (24") and quite happy with it.

Thanks for the link, it get 4 stars in ALA test.

http://alatest.com/r...o3-193560245,2/

I am still very tempted to buy the one in my OP due to the much higher resolution but a bit risky and I am not sure my

graphics card AMD Radeon HD6450 is up to the task, have asked the seller on Ebay.

Edited by guzzi850m2

If you you are going to use windows 8 wouldn't you better off to buy a new touch screen monitor.

this is what I am going to do when the times comes to change.

Good point, but I often sits too far away from my monitor to touch it anyway and what about all the finger prints on it?

I also think my arm(s) would be tired if I had to touch the monitor all the time, ok for laptops and tablets but a 27" monitor not

so sure.

Size is nice but there are not many monitors above the 1920x1080 resolution. The price goes up quickly when the resolution does.

I wonder when the 4k resolution standard will start trickling down to the desktop monitors. That will be something to see.

Size is nice but there are not many monitors above the 1920x1080 resolution. The price goes up quickly when the resolution does.

I wonder when the 4k resolution standard will start trickling down to the desktop monitors. That will be something to see.

That's why I am very interested in the monitor in my OP, res. is 2560X1440 and only about 300us$ but I think I will have to pay 30%

import tax so 400 us$ or app. 12.000 bath, still very cheap for what you get.

Invadeit.com has a couple of 27" Dell monitors. I have a Dell U2410 (24") and quite happy with it.

Thanks for the link, it get 4 stars in ALA test.

http://alatest.com/r...o3-193560245,2/

I am still very tempted to buy the one in my OP due to the much higher resolution but a bit risky and I am not sure my

graphics card AMD Radeon HD6450 is up to the task, have asked the seller on Ebay.

I found an auction pb eBay that has more details about this monitor including what video cards would support it. I'll try and find the info and repost it for you

Linus Torwalds, as polite as he can commented on the (laptop) display issue. :)

So with even a $399 tablet [Nexus 10] doing 2560×1600 pixel displays, can we please just make that the new standard laptop resolution? Even at 11″? Please. Stop with the ‘retina’ crap, just call it ‘reasonable resolution’. The fact that laptops stagnated ten years ago (and even regressed, in many cases) at around half that in both directions is just sad.

I still don’t want big luggable laptops, but that 1366×768 is so last century. Christ, soon even the cellphones will start laughing at the ridiculously bad laptop displays.

Hopefully this will spark monitor manufacturers to make better resolution displays for both laptop and external monitors.

The problem in the shops is that everybody are talking about about the physical size, not the resolution, which at least in my opinion is far more important.

If you are not planning on doing gaming and primarily general tasks and watching movies it doesn't appear to be a problem. Just remember, full 1080 HD movies are only 1920 wide so it will stretch to fit the larger resolution screen. But with a higher pixel density over HD screens given the same 27" screen, there will be less chance of detecting individual pixels.

The Radeon 6000 series will completely accelerate (DXVA) this movie without any issues. Complex Image sharpening is handled by the shaders processors and we have PC 0-255 Color profile activated over the shaders as well to get nicer black levels. Even if we expand this window to a resolution of 2560x1600 the CPU load will remain low and the graphics card manages that resolution fine.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_hd_6450_review,4.html

The monitor in the video is pretty decent because of the high resolution. It would really be of benefit to someone doing graphic design work or anyone who needs to fit multiple windows into their workspace.

Personally; If I wanted to buy such a monitor, I'd try to source a similar monitor off Ebay that was shipped directly out from Asia via EMS, Ideally from China to take advantage of the Thai-China FTA. Another thing to check is Dual-link DVI support on the video card. Single-link has similar connector but can't push all the needed pixels out for such a high resolution.

On the other hand, for watching HD videos, a 1920x1080 should do fine. The diagonal size can be selected and the unit bought locally. Monitors in Thailand seem to sell at their base-line without excessive mark-up. -and you'd get the 1-year warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c679c996f

look there for more info on compatibility with this display

Thanks for the link, my specific video graphics is not mentioned there.

The monitor in the video is pretty decent because of the high resolution. It would really be of benefit to someone doing graphic design work or anyone who needs to fit multiple windows into their workspace.

Personally; If I wanted to buy such a monitor, I'd try to source a similar monitor off Ebay that was shipped directly out from Asia via EMS, Ideally from China to take advantage of the Thai-China FTA. Another thing to check is Dual-link DVI support on the video card. Single-link has similar connector but can't push all the needed pixels out for such a high resolution.

On the other hand, for watching HD videos, a 1920x1080 should do fine. The diagonal size can be selected and the unit bought locally. Monitors in Thailand seem to sell at their base-line without excessive mark-up. -and you'd get the 1-year warranty.

I can't find any info if my HP pc has a Dual-link DVi support or not, here is my pc's specs:

http://h10025.www1.h...uct=5037035#N33

I have added 8GB of extra ram I should add not that it matter for the dual-link DVi port.

Maybe I should just buy that 27" Dell Admin.Tywias gave me a link to, about same price.

I am still thinking about it.

I can't find any info if my HP pc has a Dual-link DVi support or not, here is my pc's specs:

I have added 8GB of extra ram I should add not that it matter for the dual-link DVi port.

Maybe I should just buy that 27" Dell Admin.Tywias gave me a link to, about same price.

Dell sells quality displays. If the price is similar and you can source it locally then I would say to go that route.

That's why I am very interested in the monitor in my OP, res. is 2560X1440 and only about 300us$ but I think I will have to pay 30%

import tax so 400 us$ or app. 12.000 bath, still very cheap for what you get.

Sorry, I didn't look at the ebay link. That seems to be an impressive monitor. A pair of those would be cool; you might need an improved video card to drive them decently.

I had looked up the Samsung series 9 3D 27" which is still 1920x1080.

From the limited pictures of the motherboard, the built in video is VGA and single DVI output. If you have the optional AMD Radeon HD 6450, you get:

Dual-link DVI with HDCP

Max resolution: 2560x1600

VGA

Max resolution: 2048x1536

For the dual DVI, you'll need a "Y" cable to split the two DVI signals out.

This is the worst product for finding the back panel connectors and what resources it has.

From the limited pictures of the motherboard, the built in video is VGA and single DVI output. If you have the optional AMD Radeon HD 6450, you get:

Dual-link DVI with HDCP

Max resolution: 2560x1600

VGA

Max resolution: 2048x1536

For the dual DVI, you'll need a "Y" cable to split the two DVI signals out.

This is the worst product for finding the back panel connectors and what resources it has.

rakman, I am not sure what you mean by a Y cable, if you see my "screenshot" from seller

he talk about the plug itself:

post-69360-0-85666400-1352092180_thumb.j