Reshuffle Aimed At Putting Able People In Right Jobs: Pm

Lite Beer

Reshuffle aimed at putting able people in right jobs: PM

The Nation on Sunday

NyOwQUL.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday defended the recent Cabinet reshuffle, saying it was not a major overhaul and was aimed at putting able people in the right ministries.

Yingluck made the remark on her weekly television programme. The premier said she would go on a roadshow this month to promote trade and investment.

Yingluck said there were two reasons for the latest Cabinet reshuffle: the departure of deputy premier Yongyuth Wichaidit and the resignation of Teera Wongsamut as minister of agriculture. The prime minister said it was not a major Cabinet reshuffle, but an opportunity to assign five deputy premiers to oversee ministries that suited their skills.

Yingluck said she would personally oversee security in the deep South, with some assistance from Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, although there would be no major change in the security structure.

The prime minister will travel to Vientiane tomorrow to attend the Asia Europe Meeting, which will bring together leaders from 49 countries. Yingluck said she would use the opportunity to promote Thailand, especially its economy, politics and culture and the readiness of transport infrastructure on both land and sea to usher in the Asean Economic Community in 2015.

On Thursday and Friday, the prime minister said she would visit Bali, Indonesia to attend the fifth regional democracy summit and soon after make an official visit to the United Kingdom. With an entourage of 50 business representatives, she would promote bilateral trade, investment and tourism between the two countries, she said. Yingluck said she would be meeting government-funded Thai students in the UK. In late November, she will visit Cambodia to attend the Asean Summit.

Yingluck also invited Thais to watch the royal barge ceremony along the Chao Phraya River, which will take place on Friday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-04

"Able people." Boy oh boy these Thais. They have so many able people it's hard to choose. With Thais, one is more able than the other. So it's always most difficult to screen them out so that she gets only the cream of the crop so to speak. But anyone she chooses will be able otherwise they wouldn't have already been in high paying important posts. So she just has to choose those who are more able than them. But as long as they are Thai they will be able.

What's her definition of 'able'? If actions and results are any indication, her definition of able is:

>>> able to visit Thaksin often

>>> able to bow low to Thaksin, and laugh hardily at all his jokes

>>> able to keep secrets about the Red Shirt riots in Bangkok in 2009 and 2010

>>> adept at going to all the right functions (funurals, brithdays, weddings, royal/sangha events) and acting exactly as expected.

In contrast, a good leader would appoint 'able' people who:

>>> had leadership qualities, including wisdom

>>> could think creatively, independently, innovatively

>>> were knowledgable about their specialty topic, and the world in general

>>> weren't immersed in superstition (oops, that eliminates every Thai person)

>>> were knowledgable about the sciences

>>> were genuinely compassionate, not just saying proper things, or making correct movements for cameras.

This being Yingluck's third attempt, she doesn't seem to do a very good job at putting the right people in the right jobs.

Square pegs and round holes! All very difficult being a PM. Must give everyone a chance at the gravy train, and pander to big bothers latest wishes, while still leaving time to plan and execute all those shopping trips at tax payers expense.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday defended the recent Cabinet reshuffle, saying it was not a major overhaul and was aimed at putting able people in the right ministries.

Not a major overhaul, just putting able people in the right ministries. makes you wonder whatever happened with the initial handpicking based on 'knowledge', capabilities', 'potential' and 'suitability'. Probably Pheu Thai just has an enormous pool of such people

BTW a topic from two days ago showed the 'not major' number of new cabinet members whistling.gif

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, centre front row, joins a group photo session with her 23 newly appointed Cabinet members at Government House yesterday."

post-58-0-52149700-1352007752_thumb.jpg

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday defended the recent Cabinet reshuffle, saying it was not a major overhaul and was aimed at putting able people in the right ministries.

Not a major overhaul, just putting able people in the right ministries. makes you wonder whatever happened with the initial handpicking based on 'knowledge', capabilities', 'potential' and 'suitability'. Probably Pheu Thai just has an enormous pool of such people

BTW a topic from two days ago showed the 'not major' number of new cabinet members whistling.gif

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, centre front row, joins a group photo session with her 23 newly appointed Cabinet members at Government House yesterday."

Whenever I see a government minister dressed in white like above for some reason it always makes me want to ask for "Two choc ices and a ninety nine please."

Edited by bigbamboo

Be fair. She's got a 'uniform'. She is very important, you know! cheesy.gif

-mel.

-mel.

On this photo I'm in uniform, but I wasn't really important. I just had to stand there presenting arms wai.gif

post-58-0-62718300-1352009726_thumb.jpg

-mel.

On this photo I'm in uniform, but I wasn't really important. I just had to stand there presenting arms wai.gif

Well rubi, at least another feather in your cap eh?rolleyes.gif

""Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday defended the recent Cabinet reshuffle, saying it was not a major overhaul and was aimed at putting able people in the right ministries.""

-mel.

Well rubi, at least another feather in your cap eh?rolleyes.gif

Correct, old chap. Now if only I had Thai citizenship I would probably qualify for a position in PM Yingluck's cabinet whistling.gif

Yingluck said she would personally oversee security in the deep South, with some assistance from Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, although there would be no major change in the security structure.

Wow with this added responsibility on Super Chalerm he will probably have to double the daily intake of his ear medication.

• Like 1

Able people... right, such as:

I use transportation, thus I am qualified.

I suppose the base requirement for being Finance Minister then, would be being able to shop and put loose change in a piggy bank?

The qualifications needed for a post are quite explicit:

I am a friend of (ex-) PM Thaksin (and so) I had a chance to be considered and offered this opportunity to work (as deputy transport minister)," Prin frankly admitted when asked whether the chance came due to his abilities or his connection.

Abilities or connections? Connections.