Khonkaen Airport Becomes International

Putu94

Khonkaen Airport will start International Flights to Laos

There will be flown to Luangprabang, Laos, LPQ

The flights are operated by "Lao Central Airline (LCA)

There are flown by Boeing 737/400

Sukhoi Superjet 100

And the French ATR

Cost of return flight, are about 6000 baht

14 December there is an introduction flight.

Thereafter, Mid January 2013 it will start with 2 weekly flights from Khonkaen

More about international Flights is still spoken

• Like 1

Its about time Issaan had some flight connections to Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam.

What's the parking like at KK - free? relatively ok to leave a car there for a few days?

Ubon likes to style itself as Ubon International airport - must be because lots of falang pass through itrolleyes.gif

So they will have to staff Immigration at KKC now?

Thats a good point that, be handy for a visa run and have a holiday.

Yes, same idea crossed my mind.

Are there flights from Chiang Mai?

So they will have to staff Immigration at KKC now?

Thats a good point that, be handy for a visa run and have a holiday.

Yes, same idea crossed my mind.

Are there flights from Chiang Mai?

Twice a week with Kan Air

More destinations to follow

And yes, of course there will be immigration and customs.

Do remember that long ago the airport was already made ready for international flights

Edited by hansnl

I have just recently returned from Luang Prabang having to fly from Vientiane, living in Isaan, Kalasin.

Saves me the bus trip to Nong Khai now. An hour by van to Khon Kaen. I was just telling the g/f that L.P. has more international flights than airports in Thailand, other than Bangkok. So good news all round. A pleasant change for Thailand.

We flown with Kan air to Chiang Mai, the return was a problem, the plane had some trouble so we good not fly back and we have to book Airasia to Udon ermm.gif

but they will improve wink.png

http://www.kanairlines.com/web/index.php/page/content/wherewefly/WE2022

The Embassy of Laos should be now Mitraphap road (Tambon Sila) close from Immigration on the other site of the new Tesco.

I will be on the introduction flight, (i will let you know )

l get my Visa on Lao Embassy ( in the same time as my re_entry on Immigration)

Not sure if there is visa on arrival.

They have had visa on arrival at Luang Prabang for a long time,

Great that is what I wanted to hear. Thanks for your reply. I go to Laos whenever I get the opportunity (a few days off work) I go to Laos, but presently find it easier to live/work full time in Thailand.

Its about time Issaan had some flight connections to Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam.

What's the parking like at KK - free? relatively ok to leave a car there for a few days?

Ubon likes to style itself as Ubon International airport - must be because lots of falang pass through itrolleyes.gif

The parking lot is full of pot holes. There are no security guards, no fence, but alas it might be free. What a stupid question.

The cost of the visa "Laos" for the moment 1600 Bath

After the introduction flight on the 14 of December you will find more information in the press.

Immigration is for sometime already operational because of the Private Jets coming from China.

Notice that Khonkaen is booming , many companies , national and international , looking to stay in Khonkaen.

It is only a matter of time.

By the way, i not see "many pot holes" or maybe you want to play golf then you are on the wrong place wink.png

Hahahaha...no it is most certainly NOT! Are you from the US? The cost of the visa is $35 USD! But if you don't have the foresight to show up at the border with US dollars in your pocket, they will royally rape you for 1,600 THB (that's $52 USD!!) instead. Oldest Lao border scam in the book!!

Hahahaha...no it is most certainly NOT! Are you from the US? The cost of the visa is $35 USD! But if you don't have the foresight to show up at the border with US dollars in your pocket, they will royally rape you for 1,600 THB (that's $52 USD!!) instead. Oldest Lao border scam in the book!!

You are right , Slip of the pen sad.png

Last time I pay 1200 baht (Sunday) (and i forgot a pas photo)

Just went 2 days ago-- they seem very inventive when it comes to charges. I paid 1300 Baht-- 100 Baht overtime charge, as it was after 16.00 h. I also noted a board outlining "contamination charges" if you should take a car there.....

but there are 2 direct buses-1 of these overnught NTE-(may stop KK)-to BKK, the daytme service dep. VTE 8.00-and takes (border stop incl.) about 3,5 hrs, dep. from KnKn by 13/14. hrs. Do you really think a flight is needed or can even beat total traveltime (incl to//fro airpt and check-in?