What Car Is This ?

poanoi

The front fender looks late 40's early 50's Chev. It's had the turret lowered. The air vent on the scuttle panel has been welded over and the wipers hidden removed!

The V8 badge looks Ford, yet it has 350 on the side of the bonnet.

A bit of a ducks breakfast me thinks!

Edited by BSJ

The front fender looks late 40's early 50's Chev. It's had the turret lowered. The air vent on the scuttle panel has been welded over and the wipers hidden removed!

The 350 badge looks like a Chevy or Pontiac piece.

The 350 badge looks like a Chevy or Pontiac piece.

I was leaning towards Chevy because of the leaning numbers. Some SS models had SS350 with the SS leaning to suit the numbers. There was left side and right side badges leaning appropriately. Camaro and Chevelle come to mind.

And I am sure if you opened the bonnet you would actually find a 15 year old Nissan diesel!!

No, you are wrong. First of all it's a 350 Oldsmobile V8 under the hood. Not everybody likes diesels! Second: The car was a 52 Morris Oxfort. Yes you read it correctly. "IT WAS"!

And I am sure if you opened the bonnet you would actually find a 15 year old Nissan diesel!!

No, you are wrong. First of all it's a 350 Oldsmobile V8 under the hood. Not everybody likes diesels! Second: The car was a 52 Morris Oxfort. Yes you read it correctly. "IT WAS"!

That is/was no more a Morris Oxford (not Oxfort) than was it a GTO!

Well then here are our two suspects, neither of which runs a 15 year old Nissan diesel!! Are they the same?

post-145826-0-17852900-1352290124_thumb. post-145826-0-91506400-1352290155_thumb.

The one on the left is a Morris (1100?), the one on the right is a custom rod of sorts, the windows have been chopped, look at the rakish angle of the upright struts.

Sorry, Morris Minor.

Oxford. smile.png

I can't see the difference between the two and I certainly can't remember! Do you know?

The one on the left is a Morris (1100?), the one on the right is a custom rod of sorts, the windows have been chopped, look at the rakish angle of the upright struts.

Sorry, Morris Minor.

Oxford. smile.png

I can't see the difference between the two and I certainly can't remember! Do you know?

ํำ้Yeh, the Oxford was a bigger version, same profile but bigger with the B engine. Could be wrong here, my eyes. laugh.png

Yeh, the Oxford was a bigger version, same profile but bigger with the B engine. Could be wrong here, my eyes. laugh.png

The one of the left is the Oxford and yes it was bigger than the Morris Minor. Looks like the one on the right has not only had the roof chopped but it looks stretched as well. Not alot of Oxford left there if that is what it started life as.

Cool, a 74 Olds 350 in an Omega was the first motor I built when I was a kid. thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately, I wouldn't think this car has the W31 variant though....

Edited by SoCalChris

You're forgiven, but you should also know that Olds didn't start building 350's until 1968, the 350 prior to then was exclusively Ford.

I don't remember a V8 350 Ford. The was the 351 Clevland and 351 Windsor V8 donks....but no 350.

Back about the time of the XW and XY Falcons there were a few 6 cylinder aftermarket conversions that made the 250 cube 6 into a 332 cube or 360 cube donk. They used Ford truck parts: Crank (maybe modified), rods and forged pistons, modified head and bigger valves with sportier cam. You also needed a 350 Holley on a special manifold plus bigger exhaust system. For what they put out I don't think it was worth the trouble.

My Aunty May had a grey Morris Minor similar to the one in the pix. I always though it was a heap of sh1t.....but then, I have always liked American and Aussie cars not English or Euro cars.

post-63954-0-41530000-1352473421_thumb.j

My grandfather bought a new one 1959, real nice and easy to drive way back then, this replaced his Lanchester 14, biggest problem with the Lanchester was the clutch on the pre select box, would pop out and pin your knee under the steering wheel. needed a lot of force to get it back down again, me being 9 did not have enough force...

Problem with the American and Aussie cars back then was the road in UK were to small [narrow]

I was thinking the SB Olds back then was badged 355, no?

I"m an Olds guy and never heard of such a thing stock for a small block engine. A 0.030" overbore might produce this displacement though.

You might be thinking of the 455 big block Olds.

Edited by SoCalChris
  • Like 1

My Aunty May had a grey Morris Minor similar to the one in the pix. I always though it was a heap of sh1t.....but then, I have always liked American and Aussie cars not English or Euro cars.

post-63954-0-41530000-1352473421_thumb.j

My grandfather bought a new one 1959, real nice and easy to drive way back then, this replaced his Lanchester 14, biggest problem with the Lanchester was the clutch on the pre select box, would pop out and pin your knee under the steering wheel. needed a lot of force to get it back down again, me being 9 did not have enough force...

Problem with the American and Aussie cars back then was the road in UK were to small [narrow]

Well I was lucky enough to grow up in Oz, but those slow old English cars were all over the place.