Motorcycle Trips / Sights Around Lamphun?

farrol

Hi all,

I will spend about 2 weeks in Lamphun in December, visiting a Thai family and will be able to borrow a motorcycle and go around the place on my own.

Any recommendations for 1 or 2 day trips / sights / places to stay around there?

I speak a bit of Thai and don't mind at all to mingle with the locals.

Cheers, Farrol

Chiang Mai. tongue.png

I think there's a cave around Lamphun somewhere (south?), but an absolute must is Doi Inthanon, off to the west (via Chom Thong). The small town of Pasang is also mildly interesting.

Doi Inthanon was the most underwhelming place I've ever been. Nothing at all to see when you get there - no view at all. The ride up was ok and I guess worthwhile although the rode was really rough in a couple of spots.

Thanks, guys!

Mae Ping national park, past Li, take the turn off to Huay Dtom and continue. Doi Tao lake is nearby.

Which part of Lamphun?

I will be based in Lamphun town.

But I wouldn't mind staying over night on my motorbike trips if there is a nice guest house somewhere.

Long Page Ko has floating bungalows you can sleep on. Get to Li, straight over the traffic lights, petrol station on the left, go another 50m and turn right to Ko.

Beware, Thai style, lots of Karaoke and noise. Party party. Mass of water between Doi Tao and the Bumibol Dam, have a goose and a gander on Google maps.

Edited by naboo