Americans Vote For Next President

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to know who's going to win, the gambling community in the UK rarely get it wrong and on Betfair you can get 7-1 against a Romney win. Obama to win comfortably!

That is great odds to have a 100 pounds on as a little punt. Whoever wins, its going to be close, they are brave odds!

I think if the odds makers believed the MSM & based their odds on it they might have been foolish.

Can I just say one thing: It's a waste of time to sit there nail-biting and looking at every little county that comes in. What matters is any shift from previous elections, specifically in a handful of key areas within each state.

For Florida for example you'll see all the pan-handle counties coming in and you sit there going 'Yay!" (or "OMG!") Romney is in the lead. But in fact those completely don't matter. Tampa matters.

Case in point: "In Ross County, Ohio, home to the town of Chillicothe, Mr. Obama trails Mitt Romney by one percentage point with about 80 percent of the vote counted. Mr. Obama lost the county by eight percentage points to John McCain in 2008." See how that background info is critical; you might just see the figures and think that Romney is in the lead.

I get the feeling that many TV news channels don't really mind showing a close race, it'll lock viewers in.

But if you value your sanity, this page is really excellent, and updates (with background info!) very regularly: http://fivethirtyeig...ntial-election/

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

As Biden said when Obamacare was signed: This is a BIG #*@_#%R deal!

Obama has a chance now to be the GREAT president he so clearly aims to be! Wouldn't it be great if Americans could UNITE behind this two term mandate?

Edited by Jingthing