Americans Vote For Next President

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say one thing: It's a waste of time to sit there nail-biting and looking at every little county that comes in. What matters is any shift from previous elections, specifically in a handful of key areas within each state.

In my opinion watching the results coming out is like watching a sports event. There is nothing I can do but it's still interesting to see what is happening. As an European it's also a one way to learn more of the US politics.

What I hope is that when either party wins, the US will get it's act together.. Together. Start executing new policies instead dividing the country just for sake of the politics. Now the situation seems to be in the political gridlock where the country is not going forward with the potential it has. Even if I don't always agree with the US politics, I still think that stronger US would be beneficial for the World in general.

Scott Brown has conceded to Elizabeth Warren in the Massachusetts Senate race. He did this at Romney's HQ in Boston which cast a pall over that venue.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2012/11/06/polls-close-mass-suspense-builds-race-for-senate/sBRjd1kjA1q5fiiQRA2xcL/story.html

Democrat Elizabeth Warren, the Harvard Law professor who promised to battle for a struggling middle class, defeated incumbent Republican Scott Brown tonight in the Massachusetts Senate race, despite Brown’s attempts to paint himself as a one of a dying breed, a moderate New England Republican.

The victory by Warren, who made history as the first woman elected to serve as a US senator from Massachusetts, marked a comeback by Massachusetts Democrats after Brown’s bruising 2010 upset win in a special election to fill the seat left vacant by liberal lion Edward M. Kennedy.

• Like 1