Obama Victory Positive For Thailand, Asia

webfact

Obama victory positive for Thailand, Asia

By Digital Media

ov.jpeg

BANGKOK, Nov 7 – A senior Thai Fiscal Policy Office (FPO) official on Tuesday said the re-election of President Barack Obama will bring a positive economic impact to Thailand and Asia as a whole given the continuity of US policy.

FPO director-general Somchai Sajjapong said that President Obama's victory would help the United States continue its economic relations, trade and investments with other countries.

President Obama will focus on diplomatic moves in US relations with other countries, which Mr Somchai said will be positive to US trade and investments abroad including Thailand.

The director-general also viewed that the investment atmosphere will also improve, for Asian countries will benefit from the US unlocking ‘fiscal cliff’ changes as hoped by investors.

Mr Somchai said he believes such measures will be accepted and benefit the US economy itself as well as Thailand, for the United States is one of Thailand's main export markets. If the US economy recovers, it would help the Thai export sector to revive and may offset market problems in the troubled European Union (EU).

However, he said other factors to be considered concerning the US election's impact on the Thai economy would depend also on world oil prices, currency exchange rates, and political factors.

Thailand's finance ministry remains confident that economic growth this year will reach 5.5 per cent and 5.2 per cent next year.

Meanwhile, PTT Global Chemical president Anon Sirisaengtaksin said Mr Obama's re-election will not change US economic policies which will focus on tackling unemployment through domestic investment encouragement and adjusted tax measures to help stimulate domestic spending.

Mr Anon said the US will focus on promoting domestic shale gas production in order to lower oil imports, which will help create jobs for Americans but that will take time. The next two years could see oil prices as high as US$100/barrel. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-07

See, never let it be said that these officials aren't rigorously selected for their intelligence and objective thinking as opposed to the old wives tales claiming they were some moron that failed high school but knew somebody. That somebody being of course some other richer moron that had his university degree paid for and spends his time intellectually challenged at something similar to the Ministry of Silly Walks dribbling over a large teak desk between sessions of groping the staff.

A friend of mine sent me this in an email which was from a friend in the Ukraine which says it all about the US election:

Last week we had the Parliament elections. I guess nothing will change this time. Same people same ***t. There's a good saying about that. I'm not sure if I can translate it right, but I'll try to.

"If things go bad in brothel, they change prostitutes, not rearrange beds."

Will Obama be good for Thailand? Wishful thinking if you think it will.

A friend of mine sent me this in an email which was from a friend in the Ukraine which says it all about the US election:

Last week we had the Parliament elections. I guess nothing will change this time. Same people same ***t. There's a good saying about that. I'm not sure if I can translate it right, but I'll try to.

"If things go bad in brothel, they change prostitutes, not rearrange beds."

Will Obama be good for Thailand? Wishful thinking if you think it will.

A Ukraine email that says it all....that says it all

I think anything that puts the slightest hold on America starting more wars with Moslem nations can't be a bad thing for the world.

Do it quick, do it quiet, but the days of marching hundreds of thousands of American boots into foreign soil without clear objectives are gone. Not least because it can't be afforded.

• Like 2

I think anything that puts the slightest hold on America starting more wars with Moslem nations can't be a bad thing for the world.

Do it quick, do it quiet, but the days of marching hundreds of thousands of American boots into foreign soil without clear objectives are gone. Not least because it can't be afforded.

"do it quick, do it quiet..." you forgot "or just don't do it." wink.png

• Like 1

So it's positive for every country that deals with the US then.

Which is most of the 200 plus around the world.

No, I would say it is better for regional countries to do business with each other, and for Asian countries to embrace China as their new Master.

Well sometimes, stuff has to get done, and i have no problem with that. But, moving the entire American military machine into countries to solve the problem doesn't work anymore.

Lest we forget, osama realised that bringing the usa down financially was part if the plan to destroy it's power.

So it's positive for every country that deals with the US then.

Which is most of the 200 plus around the world.

No, I would say it is better for regional countries to do business with each other, and for Asian countries to embrace China as their new Master.

Yeah, the japs will just love that.

China is going to be too busy sorting out it's domestic issues for a while. The world needs the usa to get it's house in order so it can buy AND sell stuff.

No one can rely on the usa and the eu for gdp growth by exporting exclusively. That alone will give the Chinese pause for thought. If the West doesn't buy, the Chinese can't sell unless demand domestically and within asia increases for their products.

Well sometimes, stuff has to get done, and i have no problem with that. But, moving the entire American military machine into countries to solve the problem doesn't work anymore.

Lest we forget, osama realised that bringing the usa down financially was part if the plan to destroy it's power.

indeed it was a huge part of his plan, that and getting the fight brought to them.

i've read some interviews of his, some of what he says is interesting, minus the religious (imo) mumbo jumbo.

and yeah i agree sometimes stuff has to get done in military defense terms, i just hope they start getting it right, cos it doesn't look good atm.

not that it's an easy task.

anyway, i'm taking it way off topic, congrats obama!

Edited by nurofiend

A senior Thai Fiscal Policy Office (FPO) official on Tuesday said the re-election of President Barack Obama will bring a positive economic impact to Thailand and Asia as a whole given the continuity of US policy.

Still remembering some remarks of Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, I wonder how the victory of Pres. Obama can be compared with the economical recovery opportunity brought to us by post-storm investment in the United States in the wake of Hurricane Sandy ?

indeed it was a huge part of his plan, that and getting the fight brought to them.

i've read some interviews of his, some of what he says is interesting, minus the religious (imo) mumbo jumbo.

and yeah i agree sometimes stuff has to get done in military defense terms, i just hope they start getting it right, cos it doesn't look good atm.

not that it's an easy task.

anyway, i'm taking it way off topic, congrats obama!

No, I think it is on topic. Saying, simply woopee, Obama won, it's good for Asia is far too simplistic. Finding away for the USA to get it self out of its mountainous debt, keeping the world stable without starting more wars that effect oil prices, has a monstrous effect on Asia. For the US to get itself out of the financial mess it is in, will inevitably have a negative effect on Asia. The baht is at 30 to the USD today, if the US doesn't get itself sorted out, where does it end? 20, 15,?

The American consumer is Asia's best friend but he/she has to start spending within his means, not borrowing from Asia.

No, I think it is on topic. Saying, simply woopee, Obama won, it's good for Asia is far too simplistic. Finding away for the USA to get it self out of its mountainous debt, keeping the world stable without starting more wars that effect oil prices, has a monstrous effect on Asia. For the US to get itself out of the financial mess it is in, will inevitably have a negative effect on Asia. The baht is at 30 to the USD today, if the US doesn't get itself sorted out, where does it end? 20, 15,?

The American consumer is Asia's best friend but he/she has to start spending within his means, not borrowing from Asia.

hey don't get me wrong i think a bit of leeway regarding the topic of discussion in threads is important and keeps things interesting and flowing, my concern was the bother of writing posts only for them to disappear into the ether.

you are right, america's stabilty affects asia greatly and a lot more places for that matter and the issue of war is one big leg on that table.

and obama winning is certainly no safety net in regards to turning the tides on how america deals with it's current war related problems and the costs that naturally go hand in hand.

hey don't get me wrong i think a bit of leeway regarding the topic of discussion in threads is important and keeps things interesting and flowing, my concern was the bother of writing posts only for them to disappear into the ether.

you are right, america's stabilty affects asia greatly and a lot more places for that matter and the issue of war is one big leg on that table.

and obama winning is certainly no safety net in regards to turning the tides on how america deals with it's current war related problems and the costs that naturally go hand in hand.

No it's ok. Last week the "think tank" who obviously needed a little more oxygen while they were in their tanks proclaimed, basically, no difference who won. Today, it's all good, Obama won, with absolutely no mention of the real issues that the USA is facing. How many times has he even mentioned South East Asia in a speech. Strewth the second largest economy has to ask permission from the army who makes the PM.

His obvious strategy is to take care of problems at home, and bizarrely, it would have been the right of centre supposedly free marketeers who might have whacked an import duty on asian/chinese goods. What odds a left of centre president? Bizarre huh?

http://sg.news.yahoo...-114417054.html

Obama to visit Myanmar this month, official says

AFP News 3 hours ago

Newly re-elected US President Barack Obama will visit Yangon later this month, a Myanmar government official said Wednesday, in the latest sign of Washington's support for reforms in the former pariah state.

Where was Yingluck's phone call? Its all good for SEA and Thailand. Yup, perfect, just mushy. Very very iinteresting port of first call

Edited by Thai at Heart

us_deficit_20c.png

The two major peaks of the federal deficit in the 20th century occurred during World War I and World War II. Deficits increased steadily from the 1960s through the early 1990s, and then declined rapidly for the remainder of the 1990s. The federal deficit went over 10 percent of GDP in the aftermath of the financial crisis of 2008.

us_fed_debt_20c.png

Federal debt began the 20th century at less than 10 percent of GDP. It jerked above 30 percent as a result of World War I and then declined in the 1920s to 16.3 percent by 1929. Federal debt started to increase after the Crash of 1929, and rose above 40 percent in the depths of the Great Depression.

Federal debt exploded during World War II to over 120 percent of GDP, and then began a decline that bottomed out at 32 percent of GDP in 1974. Federal debt almost doubled in the 1980s, reaching 60 percent of GDP in 1990 and peaking at 66 percent of GDP in 1996, before declining to 56 percent in 2001. Federal debt started increasing again in the 2000s, reaching 70 percent of GDP in 2008. Then it exploded in the aftermath of the Crash of 2008 (not to mention 2 prolonged wars), reaching 102 percent of GDP in 2011.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_deficit_chart.html

Edited by Nisa

http://sg.news.yahoo...-114417054.html

Obama to visit Myanmar this month, official says

AFP News 3 hours ago

Newly re-elected US President Barack Obama will visit Yangon later this month, a Myanmar government official said Wednesday, in the latest sign of Washington's support for reforms in the former pariah state.

Where was Yingluck's phone call? Its all good for SEA and Thailand. Yup, perfect, just mushy. Very very iinteresting port of first call

Yes it is indeed a interesting choice. Myanmar with all it's raw materials and the sanctions against it. I wonder how long before sanctions are removed. Not exactly sure but I have a feeling China is not going to be happy with this.