How Clear Is A "clear" Night Sky On Inthanon In The Winter?

PoodMaiDai

Like this?

5828386540_afa44aef68.jpg

Inthanon is going to be your best bet in Thailand for sure. Ang Khang (though half the altitude and frequently cloudy) might also be ok as there's a large grassy area within the Project to set up a camera.

I don't think anywhere in Southeast Asia compares to even UK for the night sky... just too much dust and humidity. Best skies I've ever seen were in Oz in WA hundreds of miles from a city .

• Like 1

I take it you don't have a Thai drivers license.

I do, as well as work permit, government health card, THai Socail security number card, Tax ID, and Yellow book.

Sure I pay more taxes than 99% of thais

I think the real question is when was the last time you went there ? They only want to see a blue card and mine is still 2 years away

How high is it and does that get above the rancid burning that is tolerated year after year? Have you considered a different hemisphere?

Your about three months early for your post.

Was up to Doi Khum yesterday just before sunset to see the lights. you could see hundreds of fires burning all over and a haze over the valley. It's going to be a very bad year

Like this?

5828386540_afa44aef68.jpg

Inthanon is going to be your best bet in Thailand for sure. Ang Khang (though half the altitude and frequently cloudy) might also be ok as there's a large grassy area within the Project to set up a camera.

I don't think anywhere in Southeast Asia compares to even UK for the night sky... just too much dust and humidity. Best skies I've ever seen were in Oz in WA hundreds of miles from a city .

Yes sir, just like that. Great pic! Is it yours?

Was up to Doi Khum yesterday just before sunset to see the lights. you could see hundreds of fires burning all over and a haze over the valley. It's going to be a very bad year

Shame. I'm going to get the heck out of her for "official" burn season this year.

At the prices they are charging to enter, not clear enough

won't even go near that place or any of the national parks

Just last week I through Khao Yai on my bike.

40b + 30 for the bike.

Phra Viharn NP in Srisaket - Free.

3 different NP's in Ubon.

One was 20-40b (I forget which), the other two were free.

Oh well, i guess you're happy staying at home being angry with made-up systems you think are in place.

OP, Doi Inthanon should be perfect for it. About the best in Thailand.

Have fun and make sure to post your wonderful pics. :)

• Like 2