Pepsimax Cans Disappearing Quickly

Mekong Bob

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Big C Extra around 1100 today. They had 6 cases of Pepsi Max in 1.45 liter bottles. I bought 3 cases (36 bottles total) - so they still had 3 more cases when I left. They were going to get more cases in next week according to one of the employees there.

I was in Big C Extra around 1100 today. They had 6 cases of Pepsi Max in 1.45 liter bottles. I bought 3 cases (36 bottles total) - so they still had 3 more cases when I left. They were going to get more cases in next week according to one of the employees there.

Sure, those employees normally don't know what the have eaten for lunch or what they gonna have for dinner, but they know about the stock management of Big C.

• 4 weeks later...

The demise of PepsiMax from Chiang Mai supermarkets and discount houses is now complete. In its place in some supermarkets is the 445ml plastic bottle of (Regular) Pepsi, bottled under a new bottler & distributor after the Pepsi - Sermsuk split-up in November.

Anyone know if and when Pepsi will resume producing PepsiMax, or perhaps start a new product (Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Light)?

• 4 weeks later...

Two months since PepsiMax (cans) disappeared from shelves in Chiang Mai.

Today I found PepsiMax in plastic bottles (445 ml = 15 U.S. fluid ounces) on shelves at Big C (Hang Dong).

Still not found at Rimping (Nim City).

white cap on PepsiMax, blue cap on Regular Pepsi.

post-28863-0-36497300-1357707209_thumb.p

I am glad that every major diet cola tastes pretty much the same to me- one less thing to worry about.

Why were you worried about it in the first place if it makes no difference to you?

I have to admit Coke Zero is a decent replacement but still not as good as Pepsi Max.

Recently, I haven't found either Diet Coke or Pepsi max in any of my local stores. Only Coke Zero which I don't really like. Is there a problem with Diet Coke too? Will look for it (and Pepsi Max) after work today and report back.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you will will forgive me positng here when I am located in Khon Kaen but I feel I have some intersting observations to offer.

Here in KK it was impossible to get 1.25 bottles of Pepsi Max or Coke Zero a Makro, Big C or TescoLotus from around Mid Nov 2012 to getting on for mid Jan2013. (Last previous year was the same but all used the "Its the flooding excuse").

Cans continued however in smaller than normal supplies. I still have not seen Coke Zero but was amazed to see a few larger 1.45 (not 1.5 Lt) Pepsi Max Bottles at a Tesco Lotus Branch here (larger than mini stores but much smaller than Hyperstore. I grabbed the 6 remaining having checked the B/F date as I have been caught out with Pepsi Max with a not pleasant taste. in the past. They were great (normal) tasting.

This week I came across a new supply at the Tesco Lotus Hypermarket and grabbed all 26. BIG Mistake. I checked the B/F dates all were well inside although in 2 different date groups

10 some were stamped R 26 10 12 A 00:56 BF 240413

16 were dated R 110113 A 02:13 BF 110513

VERY interesting that (assuming R date is the filling date or similar) that the newer bottles have only a 4 month BF lifespan and the older have a 6 month BF lifespan.

Anyway to the MAIN point of this post. The older batch 26 10 12 A 00:56 BF 240413 with 3 WHOLE MONTHS bere BF date taste awful and VERY different(confimred by non Pepsi Max drinker fmaily and 2 friends). They are NOT flat but taste like the bad batch I once got at Makro (which also was within BF date).

The Batch R 110113 A 02:13 BF 110513 tastes fine (normal) and as they should (maybe a little blander than some I think I have tasted in the past) and I am a Pepsi Max drinker for many years preferring it to aclohol and water SO I feel I a pretty good taste expert on Pepsi Max.

Coke Zero I find to have an inferior after taste to Pepsi Max BUT it seems to have a better shelf life or maybe its taste does not deteriorate into something as unpleasant as Pepsi Max does.

Clearly the older stock has deteriorated to IMHO a very unsatisfactory (all 10 bottles same taste after only 3 of the 6 BF period). Goodness knows what the taste would have been just before the April BF date.

Whether the problem is how the bottles are stored before sending to the retailer or that Pepsi Max (in Thailand) has a very poor shelf life with an unrealistic BF date in Hot climes I do not know. I doubt the Supermarkets are at fault as they go by the manufacturers BF dates and normally have a very fast turnover from date of receipt to selling.

In future if the FIRST Date is much beyond 1 month I will not buy Pepsi Max and will opt for Coke Zero.

It would be interesting to know the reason Pepsi is to start bottling their own Pepsi (as metioned in this forum) is down to cost effectiveness, competitiveness or maybe a quailty control problem. Certainly until a year ago I never purchased a poor tasting bottle of Pepsi Max, but during the last year the quality I have bought off the shelves of the superstores has been varible to say the least.

Needless to say all 10 of the R 26 10 12 A 00:56 BF 240413 bottles were poured down the sink. NOT HAPPY!!. Its not to cost its the inconvenience and not knowing which stamps can be bougth en mss adnb which cannot ( I usually bought 4 12 x 1.25) boxes before Dec 2012 and that is a lot of wastage if unpleasant.

I would be very interested in learning of others taste experiences with Pepsi Max over the last year

• 2 months later...

What is it with supply of drinks in this country. I can understand it during floods etc, but seriously, what is their problem? Why can't they keep the shops in constant supply?

It will all be back to normal in fact even better.

Pepsi did not renew their contract with the Thai bottler here.They only had 6 lines going. Pepsi is doing their own bottling now and will have 8 lines bottling. As soon as they get caught up and the supply steady the Pepsi fans will come back and there will be more Coke a Cola available. Many of us drank Coke Zero instead when we could get it.

Six months have gone by since "Hello Dolly" noted a new Pepsi bottling plant in Bangkok, and Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, or Pepsi Light still not found its way to Chiang Mai. Big C (Hang Dong) manager tells me that Pepsi Company unable to produce these products, and unable to find a distributor to bring to Chiang Mai.

Just returned from Hanoi, where I enjoyed Pepsi Light in cans, bottled by Pepsi/Hanoi.

gdhm, Are you for real? You go into such details like you are discussing a fine wine, when what you really are talking about is drinking a toxin.....time for a new hobby my friend....

SEVEN DANGERS OF COKE & PEPSI (SOFT DRINKS)

For those of you who LOVE Coke/Pepsi. Just when you thought you knew everything.

1) To clean a toilet:

Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl.

Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.

The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

No scrubbing, no sweat - guaranteed.

2) To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:

Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of aluminum foils dipped in Coca-Cola.

Much economical than the stuff from Smart Shop.

3) To clean corrosion from car battery terminals;

Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

4) To loosen a rusted bolt;

Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

5) To remove grease from clothes;

Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle.

6) The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

Hey, what do we have here?

The world's first soft drink disguise as a multi-purpose cleaner? Or should it be a multi-purpose cleaner disguise as a soft drink!!!

Besides that, If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, wait a little while, you will SEE WORMS crawl out of it.

AND WE DRINK THIS STUFF! Coke & Pepsi ALARMING FACTS!!!

The average pH of soft drinks, e.g. Coke, Pepsi is pH 3.4. This acidity is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! Our human body stops building bones at around the age of 30. After that it'll be dissolving about 8-18% of the bones each year through the urine, depending on the acidity of the food intake (acidity does not depend on the taste of the food, but on the ratio of potassium / calcium / magnesium / etc. to phosphorus).

All the dissolved calcium compounds accumulate in the arteries, veins, skin tissue, and organs. This affects the functioning of the kidney (kidney stones). Soft drinks do not have any nutritional value (in terms of vitamins and minerals). They have higher sugar content, higher acidity, and more additives such as preservatives and colourings.

Some people like to take cold soft drinks after each meal, guess what's the impact? Our body has an optimum temperature of 37 degrees for the functioning of digestive enzymes. The temperature of cold soft drinks is much less than 37, sometimes quite close to 0. This will lower the effectiveness of the enzymes and put stress on the digestive system, digesting less food. In fact the food gets fermented. The fermented food produce bad smelling gases, decays and forms toxins, which are absorbed in the intestines, get circulated in the blood and is delivered to the whole body. This spread of toxins can lead to the development of various diseases. Think before you drink Coke or Pepsi or any another soft drinks.

Have you ever thought what you drink when you drink an aerated drink? You gulp down carbon dioxide, something that no sane person in the world would advise you to do. Few months ago, there was a competition in Delhi University "Who can drink the most Coke?". The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. From then on, the principal banned all soft drinks from the university canteen.

Someone put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi and in 10 days it is dissolved! Teeth and bones are the only human organs that stay intact for years after death. Imagine what the drink must be doing to your delicate soft intestines and stomach lining! To all COKE / PEPSI LOVERS, think again the next time before you say " CHUPsick.gif

There may be some truth in this rant but quite a few of the urban myths parroted here have been debunked, top of the list, the coke on a porkchop brings out worms....debunked. Carbon dioxide "poisoning" from carbonated drinks? BS.... danger from cold drinks? more bs....

I never drink coke pepsi or any of that, too sweet for my taste,

Edited by daoyai

gdhm, Are you for real? You go into such details like you are discussing a fine wine, when what you really are talking about is drinking a toxin.....time for a new hobby my friend....

For those of you who LOVE Coke/Pepsi. Just when you thought you knew everything.

1) To clean a toilet:

Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle.

6) The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

The world's first soft drink disguise as a multi-purpose cleaner? Or should it be a multi-purpose cleaner disguise as a soft drink!!!

Besides that, If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, wait a little while, you will SEE WORMS crawl out of it.

The average pH of soft drinks, e.g. Coke, Pepsi is pH 3.4. This acidity is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! Our human body stops building bones at around the age of 30. After that it'll be dissolving about 8-18% of the bones each year through the urine, depending on the acidity of the food intake (acidity does not depend on the taste of the food, but on the ratio of potassium / calcium / magnesium / etc. to phosphorus).

All the dissolved calcium compounds accumulate in the arteries, veins, skin tissue, and organs. This affects the functioning of the kidney (kidney stones). Soft drinks do not have any nutritional value (in terms of vitamins and minerals). They have higher sugar content, higher acidity, and more additives such as preservatives and colourings.

Some people like to take cold soft drinks after each meal, guess what's the impact? Our body has an optimum temperature of 37 degrees for the functioning of digestive enzymes. The temperature of cold soft drinks is much less than 37, sometimes quite close to 0. This will lower the effectiveness of the enzymes and put stress on the digestive system, digesting less food. In fact the food gets fermented. The fermented food produce bad smelling gases, decays and forms toxins, which are absorbed in the intestines, get circulated in the blood and is delivered to the whole body. This spread of toxins can lead to the development of various diseases. Think before you drink Coke or Pepsi or any another soft drinks.

Have you ever thought what you drink when you drink an aerated drink? You gulp down carbon dioxide, something that no sane person in the world would advise you to do. Few months ago, there was a competition in Delhi University "Who can drink the most Coke?". The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. From then on, the principal banned all soft drinks from the university canteen.

Someone put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi and in 10 days it is dissolved! Teeth and bones are the only human organs that stay intact for years after death. Imagine what the drink must be doing to your delicate soft intestines and stomach lining! To all COKE / PEPSI LOVERS, think again the next time before you say " CHUPsick.gif

There may be some truth in this rant but quite a few of the urban myths parroted here have been debunked, top of the list, the coke on a porkchop brings out worms....debunked. Carbon dioxide "poisoning" from carbonated drinks? BS.... danger from cold drinks? more bs....

Sure, maybe some of it is BS, but maybe some of it is real as well. We all know its bad for us, but we seem to think that just because its available everywhere, that its not THAT bad. But I beg to differ, as the rate that most people drink this crap, who knows the damage that is being done to the body.

Then people are shocked when they get strokes and cancer and can not understand why?

How about a life time of eating CRAP!! Eating NO-FOOD stuffs, how about that?

Rant over....

so? this thread isnt in the health sub section and beside you are basically admitting you are misleading others with bs. and comment of calling one posters for other hobbies is uncalled for. he did at least provide a accurate information unlike yours. the one who need a new hobby is probably you and your high horse

1) To clean a toilet:

Sure, maybe some of it is BS, but maybe some of it is real as well. We all know its bad for us, but we seem to think that just because its available everywhere, that its not THAT bad. But I beg to differ, as the rate that most people drink this crap, who knows the damage that is being done to the body.

Then people are shocked when they get strokes and cancer and can not understand why?

Rant over....

I believe the title of the thread was Pepsi Max

not regular Pepsi and Coke.

But while we are off topic now how come life expectancies are getting longer with all the horrors in Pop and regular every day food that the health conscious people tell us is in them? Why didn't the people in the 1800 live longer lives than we do? They didn't have Pepsi and Coke and Genetically altered crops and the cattle did not eat food covered with pesticides. And all the other things they claim will kill us. I am 71 and have never wasted my time researching every type of food on the market. I just buy what I like and eat it provided it hasn't gone bad,

• Like 1

1) To clean a toilet:

Should we not drink milk because when you boil it and put cracked china in it it will seal the crack?

1) To clean a toilet:

Rant over....

But while we are off topic now how come life expectancies are getting longer with all the horrors in Pop and regular every day food that the health conscious people tell us is in them? Why didn't the people in the 1800 live longer lives than we do? They didn't have Pepsi and Coke and Genetically altered crops and the cattle did not eat food covered with pesticides. And all the other things they claim will kill us. I am 71 and have never wasted my time researching every type of food on the market. I just buy what I like and eat it provided it hasn't gone bad,

For one thing, In the "1800" they didn't have penicillin. I wonder how a modern day person would fare in "1800".

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Rant over....

For one thing, In the "1800" they didn't have penicillin. I wonder how a modern day person would fare in "1800".

MSPain

I am allergic to penicillin. It comes from a fungus.

1) To clean a toilet:

Rant over....

But you have stated openly in many previous posts that you took statins for cholesterol, which caused pain, then changed to niacin and also need to take a serious blood thinner, which is due to atherosclerosis. Perhaps if you had researched a bit more, these horrible meds could have been avoided and if you aren't watching your diet now, but relying on meds, then IMO you should be careful. However, as you said you're 71, so UP2U. smile.png

Where is all that Pepsi Max?.........I like it too.

Oh god, someone posted that crap again?

Some things wrong with it? Right off the bat it says citric acid, but it's phosphoric acid that allows soda to clean off surface rust and stains.

Furthermore it's not the pH that leeches calcium. Carbonic acid reacts with calcium carbonate to neutralize.

Most of these junk mail facts have very little truth to them to shock people into action.

People already know Water is best, but gah this asinine crap just irks me as people believe stuff like that because it throws a bit of science jargon around.

/rant

• Like 2

1) To clean a toilet:

Rant over....

But you have stated openly in many previous posts that you took statins for cholesterol, which caused pain, then changed to niacin and also need to take a serious blood thinner, which is due to atherosclerosis. Perhaps if you had researched a bit more, these horrible meds could have been avoided and if you aren't watching your diet now, but relying on meds, then IMO you should be careful. However, as you said you're 71, so UP2U. smile.png

Where is all that Pepsi Max?.........I like it too.

Not really. My doctor suggested I take the Stanton's as my cholesterol was a little high but not high enough to really need them. I figure if I can hold them down with Niacin and not hurt myself why not. They are all in normal range now.

I take the blood thinner because I have an enlarged heart.

I put the Cholesterol down to the fact that I am a meat and potatoes man really big on hamburgers. (can hardly wait for another hamburger thread). As for the blood thinner that is to help my heart as it is enlarged. Probably got more to do with some pills I used to take a whole lot of to help me lose weightwhistling.gif

Not sure what atherosclerosis is, If it is blood not getting into an area I also have that and as a result had to have a screw put in a bone to hold it together. That was 14 years ago.

I in no way hold Pepsi Max responsible for any of my physical problems or the occasional Coke Zero. Or any other soda pop. I did not and never will research hamburgers or potatoes especially the French Fried ones. I like them and the only reason I stay away from them most of the time now is I am not as active and have to watch my diet more for weight control. Age is a pest now I have osteoarthritis and that is really slowing me up. I wonder what food I should have researched 50 years ago for that one,wai2.gif

Dolly - IMO if your cholesterol was only a little high, then statins should not have been prescribed due to their possible side effects, unless you really couldn't control your diet or possibly up your exercise level a little.

I understand what you mean by being a meat and potatoes man and don't some of those hamburger look and smell good. When I lived in Canada, I liked Wendy's and I think it was Harvey's where you had a buffet choice of what to put on your burger.......and IMO you need coke to wash a hamburger down or it doesn't taste the same, though some people prefer root beer, which I class as mouthwash.

But that was all in a previous life many years ago...one I remember fondly. smile.png

• Like 1

Luckily for me, I don't find burgers in Thailand very tempting, although the Duke's or Gecko Garden are better than most.

I agree about burgers with Coke, but an A&W rootbeer is not bad either - there is another brand here that is the pits..

Luckily for me, I don't find burgers in Thailand very tempting, although the Duke's or Gecko Garden are better than most.

I agree about burgers with Coke, but an A&W rootbeer is not bad either - there is another brand here that is the pits..

Gecko's special hamburger dinner on Tuesday is a bargain at 89 baht.

I have heard great things about Duke's burgers but never tried them.

In Canada they used to swear by AW root beer, it still tasted like mouthwash to me. biggrin.png