Maxxis Shop Has Good Range Of Bike Tyres

BSJ

I had to get a new tyre for the pick-up and whilst waiting I noticed the shop had oodles of new tyres for scooters and real bikes. They have a tyre changer set up to do alloy wheels for bikes. The fitter was doing a Harley pair when I got there and after that a racing slick for a sports bike. If your travelling North on Sukhumvit Rd, Naklua after you pass Bangkok Pattaya hospital it's about a kilometre or so on the left....60 metres before the next intersection with lights. They have a big Maxxis sign on the roof.

I saw some big bike

Dunlop

Michelin

Pirelli

as well as cheaper rubber.

• Like 1

I was there recently getting a rear tire changed on my CBR 150. I saw a bundle of three motorcycle tires shipped in from Show Po in BKK and noticed several locals dropping off motorcycle wheels for a tire change.

200 baht to change, mount and spin balance a new tore on my CBR.

I was there recently getting a rear tire changed on my CBR 150. I saw a bundle of three motorcycle tires shipped in from Show Po in BKK and noticed several locals dropping off motorcycle wheels for a tire change.

200 baht to change, mount and spin balance a new tore on my CBR.

200 baht to get it done right....I like that.

Just wish someone would do the same in Chiang Mai sometime.

A real tire change machine, that won't mess up alloy wheels and powdercoat paint?

Techs who know what they are doing, with after tire install chain adjustment, proper axle alignment and torqued to proper specs?

And a selection of real sportbike tires, fresh and clean, with no "must order Bangkok" dance, in sizes I don't want, and spendy prices...

We can only dream, up here in the outback....tongue.png

Just wish someone would do the same in Chiang Mai sometime.

A real tire change machine, that won't mess up alloy wheels and powdercoat paint?

Techs who know what they are doing, with after tire install chain adjustment, proper axle alignment and torqued to proper specs?

And a selection of real sportbike tires, fresh and clean, with no "must order Bangkok" dance, in sizes I don't want, and spendy prices...

We can only dream, up here in the outback....tongue.png

You don't have to be in Chiang Mai to be having problems. We (GF, her brother, por, mar and me) bought a new tractor up country (Kubota B2420) and the back wheels are too close together. I already read on forums they are tippy on rough ground, so I said get the 30hp job with decent rear wheel spacing....but no, that was too big! OK, how about we get some wheel spacers? Thinking thinking....maybe. So I download a couple of tractor rollovers from the net and, yes, wheel spacers are a good idea.

So now the problem is I have to find somewhere to get the wheel spacers! There is no easy surfing the net for some tractor parts supply company that has any parts or accessories....little own wheel spacers in Thailand. Where the he11 are they? Sure companies in the USA come up, but their prices aren't cheap and the cost of postage is expensive.

What is wrong with Thai companies? Don't they realise the internet can be a great tool to help attract buyers to their business?