Futsal Debacle Should Serve As Lesson To Thailand

webfact

This is what happens.

If they just stick with the usual 35% bribe / corruption everything is ok.

When they try to get more it will go wrong.

Lesson learned

Germany can do much better!!! Bribes, scheming, cronyism, favoritism, incompetent politicians inside the board of directors are the reasons for a ONE year delay of the opening of the new Berlin Airport. Additional costs 1.2 billion Euro plus another estimated 3 Billion Euro in damage compensation for airlines, businesses, and the DB(German railway).clap2.gif

As Delboy would say "vorsprung durch technik" ! Sadly, this scenario is a world wide phenomenon in public sector activities especially construction. Thailand is by no means the "hub" of this.

For Thailand's sake I hope they abandon the ridiculous notion of bidding for a F1 race.

A country and people that put so much store in saving face have been embarrassed for years by the 3G fiasco and now the Futsal farce. Another would be just too much.

i really think the people of thailand dont care,... it's only the politicians that have lost face .

This is a preposterous article. The newspaper is claiming that the public wants accountability and those "responsible" should own up and "acknowledge their part' in the fiasco. On the other hand, it is the newspapers who should be doing some footwork and investigative journalism and expose the incompetents and those who squandered taxpayer funds on this failed project.

• Like 1

The minute the comment, "It will be ready on time and I don't care what FIFA say" was made bad karma took over! wai2.gif

It is what it is, a third rate government running a third world country.

That is absolutely correct 'nothing more nothing less' but it is not going to change the head in the sand thinking that is paramount in the realm.

And it should not escape mention the propensity to scream 'I will sue, or the city will sue FIFA as Paribatra has publicly stated'

He should be fired on the spot for his role in the late completion of the stadium.

For Thailand's sake I hope they abandon the ridiculous notion of bidding for a F1 race.

A country and people that put so much store in saving face have been embarrassed for years by the 3G fiasco and now the Futsal farce. Another would be just too much.

You really think the 'real' people of Thailand are embarrassed by these things? You've got to be kidding; they don't give a rats arse as they are too busy trying to make a decent living. I sat with five Thai's in my village last evening and brought up the Futsal fiasco and guess what? They didn't even know what the hell I was talking about. You need to get out more.

I think you do, old chap.

If you got away from your village you might notice how embarassed most younger Thais are at the 3G nonsense in particular.

So now they have lost face, just go out and beat up on a few my innocent farangs.

Ho hum.

Edited by bigbamboo

The location of this stadium could not be more ludicrous. They may have well put it on the moon. It is inaccessible by any means others than car or perhaps some buses. I play golf at The Pine which is in Nong Chok, and it takes me one hour to drive there from Bangkok when there is little traffic. Can't imagine how long it would take during normal business hours.

Obviously someone made a lot of money on the land and the construction, which is the norm for Thailand (TIT).

Nong Chok is Bangkok Muslim heartland. All those votes will be handy for the upcoming BMA governor election. :rolleyes:

Ironically, the main figure behind this debacle has been conspicuously left out of the criticism - that is Football Association of Thailand (FAT) president Worawi Makudi. Woradi is also the Thai government's trade representative. Worawi insisted that the BMA construct the stadium in Nong Chok. Another figure who has so far avoided flak is Suwat Liptapanlop, chairman of the organising committee.

this is the guy wgho should be getting ripped and he appears to be getting away with it without a voice being raised ... Wow Here We Go biggrin.png

Ironically, the main figure behind this debacle has been conspicuously left out of the criticism - that is Football Association of Thailand (FAT) president Worawi Makudi. Woradi is also the Thai government's trade representative. Worawi insisted that the BMA construct the stadium in Nong Chok. Another figure who has so far avoided flak is Suwat Liptapanlop, chairman of the organising committee.

this is the guy wgho should be getting ripped and he appears to be getting away with it without a voice being raised ... Wow Here We Go biggrin.png

...maybe because the big mouth- govenor a few days ago claimed "personal responsibility" for the whole disaster... of course, when he still thought that FIFA would play according to Thai- rules!

• Like 1

Anyone ever had a thai tradesman come to thier home and try and get them to do things how you want them done? Was building an extention and wanted a flood light on the outside for the garden and a power point on the outside on the wall for when working in the garden. The arguments we had and he kept telling me I didn't need it.

Anyone ever had a thai tradesman come to thier home and try and get them to do things how you want them done? Was building an extention and wanted a flood light on the outside for the garden and a power point on the outside on the wall for when working in the garden. The arguments we had and he kept telling me I didn't need it.

U forget u not Thai,u not know what u need,he will tell u what u need.!!!!!!!!!