Understand Your Water Bill

By curiosity I try to understand my water bill.

I don't know if there is anything confidential here, I hide my adress as this is almost the only field I understand.

thai_water_bill.jpg

Green 1 : ???

Green 2 : ???

Green 3 : ???

Red 1 : Day of delivery of the bill.

Red 2 : ???

Orange 1 : ???

Orange 2 : My adress

Blue 1 : ???

Blue 2 : ???

Purple : What I have to pay, but I don't understand the detail.

Grey : Something about delay to pay the bill ?

Edited by kaizoku

I can only help you a bit:

Green 1= is The Nr of the Bill

Green 2 = is Number of the Water Meter

Orange 1 = Is the name of the owner of the house (Doesn't have to be the actual owner but people are not bothered changing the name (at the PWA) when a house is sold)

Blue 1= Total Number of Units used (From day 1)

Blue 2= Number of Units (This Month) in Liters (So you used 18 Units or 18.000 Liters of Waters)

The Red writing in Grey 1 = Time Period when you can pay the bill (So from the 10th until the 16th)

"" 2 = The day when (if you didn't pay) they can come and take your Meter away

Edited by MJCM

Sorry the 30 THB in the Purple area is a standard Maintenance Fee for your water Meter, and not for excessive water usage

The 0 and 0.00 (in the Purple area) would be filled in if you forgot to pay last months Bill (where the 0 would become how many months you not have payed and the 0.00 would be the total amount) But by then your Water Meter would already have been taken.

Green 1 : Number of the bill.

Green 2 : Number of the water meter.

Orange 1 : Name of the owner of the house.

Orange 2 : My adress.

Blue 1 : Total number of units used (From day 1)

Blue 2 : Number of units (this month) in Liters.

Purple :

* 30 THB is a standard Maintenance Fee for your water Meter

* 18.15 THB is VAT

* The 0 and 0.00 (in the Purple area) would be filled in if you forgot to pay last months Bill (where the 0 would become how many months you not have payed and the 0.00 would be the total amount)

Grey : The Red writing in Grey = Time Period when you can pay the bill (So from the 10th until the 16th) the second date is the day when (if you didn't pay) they can come and take your Meter away.

Edited by kaizoku

I live out in the countryside and this is my water bill for last month.

It came to 68 baht at 2 baht per litre.

post-5614-0-92889400-1352692882_thumb.jp

Not 2 baht per litre unless it's ass's milk.........water is usually per cubic metre (1000litre) unless they use some archaic measure such as the sorb for wood (length up to elbow, about a half metre).

However in condos water costs about 15bt/cu.m. so 2 baht would be a bargain.

Edited by cheeryble

Green 1 : Number of the bill.

Green 2 : Number of the water meter.

Orange 1 : Name of the owner of the house.

Orange 2 : My adress.

Blue 1 : Total number of units used (From day 1)

Blue 2 : Number of units (this month) in Liters.

Purple :

* 30 THB is a standard Maintenance Fee for your water Meter

* 18.15 THB is VAT

* The 0 and 0.00 (in the Purple area) would be filled in if you forgot to pay last months Bill (where the 0 would become how many months you not have payed and the 0.00 would be the total amount)

Grey : The Red writing in Grey = Time Period when you can pay the bill (So from the 10th until the 16th) the second date is the day when (if you didn't pay) they can come and take your Meter away.

Yes that's right. We have no Idea what Green 3 and Red 2 mean, maybe they are some internal numbers for the PWA where the Water Meter is located and which office is responsible. (But that is just guessing)

Edited by MJCM

<snip>

I think you mean 2 THB per Unit (where 1 Unit = 1000 Liters) but that is very cheap, in our village in Buriram we pay 5 THB per Unit, in my Condo I pay 30 THB per unit and in my House we pay around 15 THB per Unit

I noticed that you don't have the same bill format as mine.

I thought it was the same all around the country. Your bill look more like a hand receipt.

Actually I started to be interested about it because my water bill rise up from 300% as the previous month it was only beetween 80/90 Baht.

300 Baht this is still very cheap, but I just wonder why such a difference as we didn't use more water than usual. There is maybe a leak hiding somewhere.

It would be nice to know the price of a unit. Should be something like 230/18 = 12.8 baht.

To answer you MJCM, I think you are in the good direction about grren 3 and red 2 and these number are the same than on the previous bill.

Edited by kaizoku

I noticed that you don't have the same bill format as mine.

I thought it was the same all around the country. Your bill look more like a hand receipt.

Actually I started to be interested about it because my water bill rise up from 300% as the previous month it was only beetween 80/90 Baht.

300 Baht this is still very cheap, but I just wonder why such a difference as we didn't use more water than usual. There is maybe a leak hiding somewhere.

It would be nice to know the price of a unit. Should be something like 230/18 = 12.8 baht.

To answer you MJCM, I think you are in the good direction about grren 3 and red 2 and these number are the same than on the previous bill.

Billd766 is a typical village bill, where the charges are set and collected by the Village Chief and the Opotoh (something like a Handy Man) thus a Hand Written bill and that's also the reason why it's so cheap.

To get the price per unit it is fairer if you divide the total amount (so 277.39) by 18 (amount of units) that would make around 15.4 THB per unit.

How many units did you use last month ?

Edited by MJCM

If you are paying 2 baht per litre you must have the most expensive domestic water supply in the countrysmile.png . I'm pretty sure that the unit must be cubic metre (= 1,000 litre) making the charge of 2 baht per unit very cheap (village water?).

Sophon

Sorry guys.

I took my brain out for a service and I must have put it back wrongly.

2 baht a litre? Duuhhhhh.

More like 2 baht a ton.1 litre water = 1 kg.

Not only do we pay 2 baht per cubic metre a little old guy comes around on his motorbike to collect the money.