P A D Gives Its Supporters Ok To Join Pitak Siam Rally On 24Th In Bangkok

webfact

PAD gives its supporters ok to join Pitak Siam rally on 24th

The Nation

30194127-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The yellow-shirt movement yesterday gave the green light for its supporters to join Pitak Siam's anti-government rally at the Royal Plaza on November 24.

"I don't invite you today to join the rally but if you're free and it's convenient, you should go. Our country needs someone who is brave and dares to take action like us," Chamlong Srimuang, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), told a seminar at a hotel in Lop Buri.

He was referring to Boonlert Kaewprasit, a retired general and the leader of Pitak Siam.

PAD had resolved against joining Boonlert's first rally at the Royal Turf Club on October 28, which surprisingly drew more than 10,000 followers.

Chamlong said PAD leaders had consulted together and agreed to postpone yellow-shirt seminars in Kanchanaburi on November 24 and Phetchaburi on November 25.

PAD saw that the November 24 gathering was an important one so its leaders wanted to encourage its supporters to join the demonstration.

Thida Thavornset, chairwoman of the red-shirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship, said her movement would not stage a rally to counter Boonlert's.

She said she would be busy opening red-shirt schools upcountry later this month.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-12

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thida Thavornset, chairwoman of the red-shirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship, said her movement would not stage a rally to counter Boonlert's.

Does Thida have control over other Red Shirt Leaders who said they would stage a rally to counter Boonlert's?

• Like 1

Why does someone need to give permission for someone to go to a protest to save the country.

I thought everyone was for doing that with a free heart. In fact it begs the question, why isn't it easy to get 1mn people to attend if it is do patently obvious that ptp is killing the country.

Even 100k would be a big achievement. but really, if the country is in such grave peril why can't they get 1mn?

I suggest maybe its because the people believe that these protests are politically motivated, not altruistic to save the country.

• Like 2

Why does someone need to give permission for someone to go to a protest to save the country.

I thought everyone was for doing that with a free heart. In fact it begs the question, why isn't it easy to get 1mn people to attend if it is do patently obvious that ptp is killing the country.

Even 100k would be a big achievement. but really, if the country is in such grave peril why can't they get 1mn?

I suggest maybe its because the people believe that these protests are politically motivated, not altruistic to save the country.

What good do you think the PTP is doing for the country?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

I guess the more people showing dissent may get the army to go ahead with a coup. Thailand can't cope much more with the red govt and its scams and corruption and out of control spending to line the pockets of the politicians and their clans. It may not be ideal but it has to be better that the present situation as I doubt Thailand can handle a full term of these arrogant imbeciles. I wonder what happened to governance by the people for the people.

I note that you are in favour of a coup.I was wondering whether you have had time to consult with your top brass contacts on timing.By way of reminder this is what you said recently in another thread.

"According to some of the brass I associate with - it's all but on. As to it being a ridiculous statement, think about it. Votes won't get them out, Dems can't organise anything, the latest protests shows there may be a party with some goolies prepared to have a go and the only solution is military intervention and with an average of one coup every 2-3 years, it is a very sensible statement - unless you have only just arrived"

While I acknowledge your expertise in this matter I wonder whether your top brass contacts have reflected on the consequences of a failed coup.As you know where the generals involved feel they have a green signal the price of failure may not be that high - at worst a period of exile.But where there is no green signal the consequences may be rather severe as General Chalard was to find in April 1977 when he was executed by a single burst of a machine gun.Many will say that a critical factor in respect of Chalard's perforated exit was that his botched coup involved some bloodshed.I think that is true but equally important was that the coup attempt had no support from those that really matter, the unelected elites if you like.Looking at current circumstances I strongly suspect that the same considerations apply.I am sure you have considered these implications as you discuss the impending coup with your top brass contacts at the Royal Turf Club, but anyway I look forward to hearing from you particularly on timing.

I appreciate the time and knowledge you have on this matter.Anticipating your early reply.

Edited by jayboy

It doesn't matter how bad PTP is governing the country, they must be allowed to run their course. Only when they have been defeated at the ballot box will their curse be lifted. Coups are the oxygen that PTP and the UDD to remain current. Another coup will prolong the activity of these political parties. The next 5 -8 years will be rough, but that is a necessary requirement for political development and maturity to transpire.

PTP lustre will fade and when the shine goes, so will the votes.

What if all the checks and balances that were in place to ensure that the government rules within the law have been removed?

What if the government acts outside the law, making those among its upper echelons richer and bankrupting the country in the process?

• Like 2

I guess the more people showing dissent may get the army to go ahead with a coup. Thailand can't cope much more with the red govt and its scams and corruption and out of control spending to line the pockets of the politicians and their clans. It may not be ideal but it has to be better that the present situation as I doubt Thailand can handle a full term of these arrogant imbeciles. I wonder what happened to governance by the people for the people.

I note that you are in favour of a coup.I was wondering whether you have had time to consult with your top brass contacts on timing.By way of reminder this is what you said recently in another thread.

"According to some of the brass I associate with - it's all but on. As to it being a ridiculous statement, think about it. Votes won't get them out, Dems can't organise anything, the latest protests shows there may be a party with some goolies prepared to have a go and the only solution is military intervention and with an average of one coup every 2-3 years, it is a very sensible statement - unless you have only just arrived"

While I acknowledge your expertise in this matter I wonder whether your top brass contacts have reflected on the consequences of a failed coup.As you know where the generals involved feel they have a green signal the price of failure may not be that high - at worst a period of exile.But where there is no green signal the consequences may be rather severe as General Chalard was to find in April 1977 when he was executed by a single burst of a machine gun.Many will say that a critical factor in respect of Chalard's perforated exit was that his botched coup involved some bloodshed.I think that is true but equally important was that the coup attempt had no support from those that really matter, the unelected elites if you like.Looking at current circumstances I strongly suspect that the same considerations apply.I am sure you have considered these implications as you discuss the impending coup with your top brass contacts at the Royal Turf Club, but anyway I look forward to hearing from you particularly on timing.

I appreciate the time and knowledge you have on this matter.Anticipating your early reply.

Failed coups have a downside. I much prefer the style of the 1989 Romanian rebellion which if it didn't eliminate corruption, certainly caused a phenomenal reduction in it (there's no such thing as a dead recidivist).

<snip>

Edited by soundman
Endorsing assassination etc.
  • Like 1

Hmmm again you cant stay on topic. You take every oportunity to misdirect the topic so you can have a go at another member, very bad netiquette. Play the ball not the man.

back on topic, I agree the indoctrination of children into the redshirt movement through the control of schools is an attempt to create a cult of Thaksin. Next they will begin a Thaksin youth movement. But its encouraging to see that some good people wont tolerate the evil that being done to their country.

Edited by waza

Well if the harm they are supposedly doing the country is so obvious, 1mn should be a breeze.

it doesn't matter one jot what i think.

Edited by Thai at Heart

ae0795e198ae12f7693a2dabdff30346.jpg

Will This be the Red Shirt School flag?

Before Hitler seized power (in 1933) only 850,000 out of 66 million Germans were card-carrying Nazis. After the Nazi seizure of power, there was a big surge in membership. At its peak, Party membership reached 8 million out of 80 million Germans in 'Greater Germany' or about ten percent of the population.

It doesnt take a majority to create a cult that can completely control a country, all its takes is for that cult to control the social institutions.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

So, let's get this straight: a party gets voted into office with a majority of votes. Another party doesn't like that and stages rallies, calling for a coup, which is not only criminal, but also stupid!

What do think will happen with the reds, if "their" PM gets ousted again?

They will slowly and silently ride into the sunset?

I would think otherwise.

In my opinion a coup will be the start of a wave of violence, where a burnt down shopping- center is the least of everyone's worries!

Unfortunately, the only way to get the PTT and UDD at bay is, if the "yellows" came up with some ideas to make the "reds" not so likeable and vote them out of office!

I say unfortunately, because I just don't see them do it!

Abisith may have an Oxford education and seen real democracy at work, but will he ever get to a point, where this will get relevant?

With the PAD, which still lives in yesteryear and is far from understanding (and wanting) democracy?

Or with the self- proclaimed protectors of Siam, who are not even living in yesteryear but in yestercentury?

Good luck with that!

• Like 1

Hmmm again you cant stay on topic. You take every oportunity to misdirect the topic so you can have a go at another member, very bad netiquette.

back on topic, I agree the indoctrination of children into the redshirt movement through the control of schools is an attempt to create a cult of Thaksin. Next they will begin a Thaksin youth movement. But its encouraging to see that some good people wont tolerate the evil that being done to their country.

Love that last para.........

The Cult of Thaksin being inculcated in schools........

Are we accelerating towards a neo marxist state ??

So, let's get this straight: a party gets voted into office with a majority of votes. Another party doesn't like that and stages rallies, calling for a coup, which is not only criminal, but also stupid!

In an effort to help you to get it straight, the Pitak Siam is not a political party.

In an effort to help you to get it straight, the Pitak Siam is not a political party.

Thanks for that useful clarification.Here is a photo of some Pitak Siam supporters, complete with communist beret badges, which will give a flavour of the group's quality.

post-77093-0-18243800-1352689490_thumb.j

It doesn't matter how bad PTP is governing the country, they must be allowed to run their course. Only when they have been defeated at the ballot box will their curse be lifted. Coups are the oxygen that PTP and the UDD to remain current. Another coup will prolong the activity of these political parties. The next 5 -8 years will be rough, but that is a necessary requirement for political development and maturity to transpire.

PTP lustre will fade and when the shine goes, so will the votes.

What if all the checks and balances that were in place to ensure that the government rules within the law have been removed?

What if the government acts outside the law, making those among its upper echelons richer and bankrupting the country in the process?

Then so be it. If that is the route Thailand has chosen, then that is the path it must travel. Maybe the people will need to experience these extremes, these failures, the despair it causes in order to become politically wise and mature in the future.

To use a simple analogy

The Thai electorate are kinda like young inexperienced children and a box of matches. Their elders are warning against them about the dangers of playing with matches (PTP). It appears that the electorate need to get burnt before they take those warnings seriously.

The charred fingers will make the children more experienced and will listen to warnings more thoughtfully in the future, but that experience as you know comes at a cost.

Hmmm again you cant stay on topic. You take every oportunity to misdirect the topic so you can have a go at another member, very bad netiquette.

Love that last para.........

The Cult of Thaksin being inculcated in schools........

Are we accelerating towards a neo marxist state ??

Phil would you happen to know the following?

A: Curriculum of the red shirt school.

B: Will the government recognize and fund the red shirt schools?

C: Will the red shirt school students qualify for a government supplied tablet?

D: Will the classes be for a full twelve years? If not how many years and what age students?

E: Will the red shirt school teachers have to have an education of more than four years? If so what are the qualifications to be a red shirt teacher?

• Like 1

"Party" as in "group", Mr. Knowitall!

Edited by DocN

Thanks for that useful clarification.Here is a photo of some Pitak Siam supporters, complete with communist beret badges, which will give a flavour of the group's quality.

Although your post has nothing to do with correcting DocN's misstatement erroneously attributing a political party to the protest group, the communists depicted above should not to be confused with communist Red Shirt supporters and leaders, complete with automatic weapons and communist beret badges, as well as Red Shirt publications which will give a flavor of the group's quality.

25218-03.jpg

30140554-01.jpg

RedPower1004-1.jpg