Retirement Extension With 30 Day Visa-Exempt Stamp?

Question is for at Jomtien office.

If everything else is in order does anyone know if this is currently possible. I may just miss being able to do my my extension in time due to work schedule.

Related question is if my extension ends on the 8th of Dec (Saturday), is doing the new extension possible on the following Monday without being considered too late. My travel plans might be able to get me here in time to do that.

Since the 8th is Saturday and immigration is closed, you should be able to do your extension on Monday the 10th if all of your paperwork is in order , current bank letter or income affidavit. If not, I think that you can get a 7 day extension (1900 baht) to get it in order. I once did mine on a 7 day extension in Korat.

If you are out of the country, I hope that you have a reentry permit. If you reenter on the 9th, your permission to stay will have expired and they might only give you a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You can convert a 30 day visa exempt entry to a Non-O (2000 baht) and extend it for retirement at Jomtien (1900 baht).

Edited by wayned

Even if you have a reentry permit, when you come in on friday, the day before your extension to stay expires, the officer will most likely want to give you a 30 day visa exempt entry since your permission to stay expires on Saturday. If you can get him to use the re-entry permit and only stamp your permisssion to stay until Saturday, you might save the conversion fee - 2000 baht, and the extra bank letter or income affidavit. But since you have been out of the country, do you have all of your paperwork in order to show immigration on Monday? Especially the bank letter or income affidavit which , depending on the office, must be issued shortly before you apply for your extension. If not, get the visa exempt entry and relax for a couple of days.

The 30 day could not be extended for retirement so there would be additional visa entry paperwork required within 15 days for 2,000 baht and proof of income paperwork then and again 60 days later when actual extension applied for. Policy is to allow extensions on first workday after holiday/weekend closures so it should not be a problem doing on your one day allowed re-entry stay if you want to try.