Burma By Air Visa Run

mrastoney

Hi people who know stuff,

I have to activate my third entry on my mutiple tourist visa, and I am flying to burma next monday. I will be in burma for 3 days

Q 1) has anybody obtained a "tourist visa on arrival"? if so was it easy and how much was this?

Q 2) If you cant, I understand that to get one takes 2 days? are the embasseys open on the weekend in bangkok?

thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi person who asks stuff thumbsup.gif

Q 1) has anybody obtained a "tourist visa on arrival"? if so was it easy and how much was this?

Not impossible to arrange, but takes some time, and normally you need a week or two advance notice to a company to arrange for you. There are costs involved, but if you can't make it to the embassy in Bangkok easily, or prefer to have an agency handle it - then might be worthwhile.

Send me a PM and I'll give you some details of a company that can do this. $70 for a tourist visa

Q 2) If you cant, I understand that to get one takes 2 days? are the embasseys open on the weekend in bangkok?

Embassy in Bangkok is not open on a weekend. Cheapest tourist visa costs 810 baht and takes 2 days, but if you need an express visa issued same day it will cost 1260 baht.

I'll follow up with a link from another thread giving precise details

cheers

SVB

VOA is only for biz travelers If I am not wrong..

VOA available for both tourist and business visas but need to be arranged in advance.

The much publicised VOA through the online e-service, slated for starting in June 2012 - never launched and is on hold indefinitely.

thanks no dorians! and others for links...

1 more question,if i got a transit visa in yangon airport, then get a flight back the same day, do i get the neccessary stamp at the airport in yangon? so i can then fly back to thailand all good and get my 2 months on my mutli entry tourist visa...

Edited by mrastoney

mrastoney,

You won't be allowed to check in for your flight to Yangon from Bangkok without having a valid visa or documentation - so I suggest this probably isn't advisable.

Try looking for the contact details for the Myanmar Embassy (GIYF) and see if you can call them for advice.

I will get the express visa same day issue, i dont fly out till 16:30 monday, so if i get to the embassey early, i can pay the 1260 baht, and get on my way.

Not quite - if you read through that link I posted above - the visas aren't issued until 3:30-4:30pm in the afternoon (after you apply in the morning).

All visa applications are lodged in the mornings (doors open 09:00am, but people start queuing outside up to an hour earlier) - and collected in the afternoons.

I'd suggest that you arrive and be first in the queue early Monday morning, be there on the sidewalk outside the doors on Thanon Pan by 08:00

Doors open 09:00 - queue up at Window 4 on the left first.

Show them your ticket/airline itinerary and let them know you're flying that afternoon - and ask if they can issue on the spot. They won't process an express visa without proof of travel for the same day or next day.

Your honestly better off sorting it out this week if you can....

Yeah its a pain - but it takes a bit of forward planning. Going in on Monday morning when your flight is at 4:30pm in the afternoon that day won't cut it. Myanmar is not like other countries for tourists.

Good luck....

post-136-0-36143000-1352788635_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-47966600-1352788652_thumb.jpg