Tiger

PattayaPhom

Yes there is one on Sukhumvit when you pass BKK/Patt hospital going towards BKK, just before the ESSO gasoline station.

They have a sign that says they are Tiger dealer but don't know if they actually have any Tiger bikes on show/sale so you

will have to check that yourself.

If you buy a Tiger bike good luck from an ex Tiger and never again owner.

Yes there is one on Sukhumvit when you pass BKK/Patt hospital going towards BKK, just before the ESSO gasoline station.

They have a sign that says they are Tiger dealer but don't know if they actually have any Tiger bikes on show/sale so you

will have to check that yourself.

If you buy a Tiger bike good luck from an ex Tiger and never again owner.

Cheers, Ill take a look there, yes have read the bad reports about them and in two minds but the Retro is what I need and cant get a Honda Cub anywhere with book. What bad expeience did you have with yours and which model?...I can see you had the retro with sidecar...was it that bad

Edited by PattayaPhom

Cheers, Ill take a look there, yes have read the bad reports about them and in two minds but the Retro is what I need and cant get a Honda Cub anywhere with book. What bad expeience did you have with yours and which model?...I can see you had the retro with sidecar...was it that bad

Yes I had a retro/w sidecar, conical electric problems, front brake useless, carb problems but that was fixed at the place I mentioned in post no2, so for me never again.

Have you considered one of the Chinese Honda cup copies, don't know if they are any better though, he-he. I see them at many dealers here in Patts.

I think they're now about 32,000 plus 1,000 baht for delivery - depends on the dealer, if you can find one. The Ryuka were exactly the same price a year ago, with no delivery charge as they have dealers, so I am surprised that they have gone up so much.

Simplest thing is to visit the dealers and check, but as has been said before you need to be handy with a spanner as you get what you pay for.

I think they're now about 32,000 plus 1,000 baht for delivery - depends on the dealer, if you can find one. The Ryuka were exactly the same price a year ago, with no delivery charge as they have dealers, so I am surprised that they have gone up so much.

Simplest thing is to visit the dealers and check, but as has been said before you need to be handy with a spanner as you get what you pay for.

Thats right they were a similar price a year or so ago but have looked in three places and they want 38K plus book ect....I have an RC which is almost 20 years old and goes great but have to change the clutch plates every 6 months so wanted something else while thats in dock

So PattayaPhom did you go to the Tiger shop on Sukhumvit?

Have you considered a used Honda Wave/Dream? Probably the most solid bike ever made in Thailand, I had 3 Waves 110/125 over the years, all bough 2'nd hand and not one of them gave me problems, well okay once a blocked cab. that was fixed for 100 bath, new chain/sprockets now and again.

The new 125i are extremely economical on fuel and next year they will stop selling red gasoline so FI is the way to go.

Yep, have 2 wave 125i already and they are the best you can get, one is almost 7 years old and done 90k....still as good as new...well, three new chains, four new wheels, oil change every 2k, thousands of tyres and inner tubes.... I went there but it was closed as late so a day off today will see a trip up there. The reason for the the Tiger is I enjoy going to the festivals and the RC sometimes lets me down, so wanted something similar

Edited by PattayaPhom

Yep, have 2 wave 125i already and they are the best you can get, one is almost 7 years old and done 90k....still as good as new...well, three new chains, four new wheels, oil change every 2k, thousands of tyres and inner tubes.... I went there but it was closed as late so a day off today will see a trip up there. The reason for the the Tiger is I enjoy going to the festivals and the RC sometimes lets me down, so wanted something similar

Oil change every 2K km?

As far as I know the recommended interval by Honda is every 4000 km, and clearly marked so in the maintenace schedule book.