Please Help With Visa Refused Australia Subclass 676

OP: before contacting an agent for assistance have a read of the info at:

https://www.mara.gov...on/default.aspx

That appears to be for "migration". I'm not sure if it applies for tourist visas. Also, it talks about agents "in Australia".

Just remember:

A registered migration agent cannot influence the outcome of your application, nor can they fast-track the processing of your visa application.

All an agent can really do is help you fill out the forms. They could offer suggestions for extra information to supply, and for non-tourist visas they might be valuable, but IMHO I think the OP has done everything he can.

That doesn't mean that she won't ever get a visa. She hasn't been black marked or anything. Maybe an application early next year will be successful.

Correct my error and I deleted the post

• Like 1

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate dont take what folks say on here as gospel truth.

Not everyone is an expert and even those that are arent always right.

Ring an agent and talk to them. Its their job.

You can say that againwhistling.gif

Given the circumstances of the OP's girlfriend, what would you advise. There are agents in Pattaya where the OP's GF lives, any suggestions/recommendations? I was at the BKK Embassy last week & an Australia was asking Consular services what to do to get a refund as the agent had stated he could obtain a tourist visa and the application was denied. Staff said go to the policesmile.png

I just think that basically, there needs to be more time between them and to not ask

for such a long visa (4 months) for the first one.

I also agree with whybother about agents.

Good agents can be invaluable for cases that aren't straight forward and for people who aren't that great

dealing with paper-work.

But as whybother said, tourist visa's are not that hard. And lets face it, I don't think the best agent around

would've gotten this application a visa.

IMO,OP has been given some good advice and his chances of his girl getting a visa next year

will be greatly enhanced just by the extra time.

Regards

Will

• Like 1

Young, healthy woman "UNEMPLOYED" = prostitute

Unemployed woman in Pattaya = prostitute

What part of prostitute are you guys not seeing?

Only longshot she has is marriage visa. That will.take years fone correctly. She is obviously a flight risk.and Im certain that has been well noted in the file of this woman.

Edited by bangkokburning
  • Like 1

Dont think getting a agent will get the visa they are there to help you fill out the forms, but even they get it wrong, i found the best way is to do it yourself and then you got no body to blame if you dont get the visa remember to prepare all paperwork and answer all question right and it takes a few vists etc etc . Make sure you read lots of post's on this forum for help and advice, and remember take your time dont rush.

goodluck.

Only longshot she has is marriage visa. That will.take years fone correctly. She is obviously a flight risk.and Im certain that has been well noted in the file of this woman.

Despite the ladies' past and what members might or might not think of her ... the OP has come asking questions and assuming the case is genuine ... deserves some decent answers.

Mind you ... the statement about the matching tattoos did raise an eyebrow ... rolleyes.gif

OP: before contacting an agent for assistance have a read of the info at:

https://www.mara.gov...on/default.aspx

That appears to be for "migration". I'm not sure if it applies for tourist visas. Also, it talks about agents "in Australia".

Just remember:

A registered migration agent cannot influence the outcome of your application, nor can they fast-track the processing of your visa application.

All an agent can really do is help you fill out the forms. They could offer suggestions for extra information to supply, and for non-tourist visas they might be valuable, but IMHO I think the OP has done everything he can.

That doesn't mean that she won't ever get a visa. She hasn't been black marked or anything. Maybe an application early next year will be successful.

yeah had a look and payin 2k for someone telling me all i know isnt my personal option on my part i cant do much as iv done all i could i think that 2 k is betta spent on visiting her and building up a stronger case but fk she still has no reason to come back to thailand!!! il push her as much as i can to get job as they say ' up to you' so now up to her if shes intrested in spending more then 2 week together

and hope she gets here before summer is finnished (melb) or shel b in shock when winter hits :)

yeah had a look and payin 2k for someone telling me all i know isnt my personal option on my part i cant do much as iv done all i could i think that 2 k is betta spent on visiting her and building up a stronger case but fk she still has no reason to come back to thailand!!! il push her as much as i can to get job as they say ' up to you' so now up to her if shes intrested in spending more then 2 week together

and hope she gets here before summer is finnished (melb) or shel b in shock when winter hits smile.png

What does she currently do? Is she completely unemployed? Are you supporting her in any way? Is someone else supporting her?

I had the same problem when I wanted to get my then girlfriend to Switzerland on a tourist visa to see where I have been living for the last 40 years before I went back to TH to retire. Refused. Back in Switzerland I made an appeal, had to pay up front and go for an interview. I showed them a copy of of my letter showing that I was leaving the house on a certain date and my air ticket back to TH.

Not quite relevant to your situation but I think showing pages and pages of internet conversations are not really conclusive evidence.

I got the visa, happy ever after.

The Swiss embassy has, statistically, a good record for giving visas. However a good part of these are tourist visas obtained by tourist agencies, in bulk, they go in and out in 10 minutes. What's left is about 50% bar girls, who have worked out how to get money under the table. That leaves people like my wife who have worked hard on a farm all their life and have to contribute to the statistic 'refused because of lack of proof of motivation to return to Thailand'.

There must be an appeal process in Australia?

Edited by cooked

So ... how can we help?

Firstly ... to the OP (mik83) don't think that marriage is the path to an easy Visa. The Partner Visa wait times between application and the Visa being granted has been mentioned to be somewhere between 6 - 9 months.

As many have mentioned already ... one of the major things they look for in the applicants' profile is the reason to return to Thailand.

A solid job is one strong connection.

Another is caring for Family Members.

With a job, typically the Thai only gets a week's holiday ... stretching to possibly 2 weeks if taken in conjunction with the Songran Holidays (usually in April).

Caring for Family Members also implies a short visit as if the family members can survive an extended period without care ... then they are not so dependant.

Physical possessions such as a car or a bike count for naught as they can be easily sold and the money transferred internationally.

What a lot of guys do is to have their lady come out for a short visit, return to Thailand, thus proving that they can abide by the Tourist/Visiting Visa conditions and then apply for a longer length Visa ... which is usually a much easier approval.

• Like 1

I had the same problem when I wanted to get my then girlfriend to Switzerland on a tourist visa to see where I have been living for the last 40 years before I went back to TH to retire. Refused. Back in Switzerland I made an appeal, had to pay up front and go for an interview. I showed them a copy of of my letter showing that I was leaving the house on a certain date and my air ticket back to TH.

Not quite relevant to your situation but I think showing pages and pages of internet conversations are not really conclusive evidence.

The Swiss embassy has, statistically, a good record for giving visas. However a good part of these are tourist visas obtained by tourist agencies, in bulk, they go in and out in 10 minutes. What's left is about 50% bar girls, who have worked out how to get money under the table. That leaves people like my wife who have worked hard on a farm all their life and have to contribute to the statistic 'refused because of lack of proof of motivation to return to Thailand'.

I think if the OP's girl friend worked on "the farm", providing evidence of that would be favourable (not a guarantee) for a visa. It seems that she is actually unemployed though, so that's not going to help.

A tourist visa application made in Thailand is not appellable.

Secondly, the Oz embassy in Bkk approve approx 95% of tourist

visa applications, so that isn't a bad statistic.

Regards

Will

• Like 2

Leaving aside the "elephant in the room", being a sex worker/bar girl whatever,

won't preclude her from getting a tourist visa.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Regards

Will

Yes, so does the Swiss embassy. Most of them are obtained by tourist agencies as I said, and bar girls who know how to slip money under the table.

As I said.

yeah good 1 browhat all girls in patts unemployd r prosies all im saying is even if she was freelancing cant she b looking for love i know many guys that maried a stripper in oz so is that bad? im after advice not smart ass remrks if u cant add anything to help the sit best not to add at all

and hope she gets here before summer is finnished (melb) or shel b in shock when winter hits smile.png

What does she currently do? Is she completely unemployed? Are you supporting her in any way? Is someone else supporting her?

currently nothing but will b looking for a job now when i was on the seen i sent her a litle money for room rent and general rent 3000 B/month very dought anyone else is supporting her as i saud all phon email has been checked skyp she only has 1 contact call at random times of night no suspition is raised so in that department all good

Regards

Will

Yes, so does the Swiss embassy. Most of them are obtained by tourist agencies as I said, and bar girls who know how to slip money under the table.

As I said.

Now that's interesting. It would be more so if you could back it up with some proof.

You say 50% (of what's left) approvals go to bar girls?

I'm not saying the odd "back hander" doesn't happen, but I'd be surprised if it was epidemic.

Not sure how the Swiss embassy operates, but if it's like the Oz one, applications involving

Australians trying to get Thai's to Australia are "ticked off" by locally engaged staff who are mostly

Aussies.

Regards

Will

As I said.

It's a bit difficult to "slip money under the table" for an Aus visa, seeing as VFS take all the applications and then pass them on to the embassy. VFS have no input into the acceptance (or otherwise) of an application.

Mate dont take what folks say on here as gospel truth.

Not everyone is an expert and even those that are arent always right.

Ring an agent and talk to them. Its their job.

You can say that againwhistling.gif

Given the circumstances of the OP's girlfriend, what would you advise. There are agents in Pattaya where the OP's GF lives, any suggestions/recommendations? I was at the BKK Embassy last week & an Australia was asking Consular services what to do to get a refund as the agent had stated he could obtain a tourist visa and the application was denied. Staff said go to the policesmile.png

iv contacted Nevett ford imigration lawyers in melb they said all i can do is her get a job stick with it for 4 month+ and reaply

or go for marrage proposal visa wait period 9-12 month or get maried in thailand and apply for partner visa 13month+ but during that time apply for tourist visa marrage is not too much on my mind cos dont know how we will b when together in normal life sercamstaces me at work her chilln at home.

also to add my case is has no merrit to appeal

Despite the ladies' past and what members might or might not think of her ... the OP has come asking questions and assuming the case is genuine ... deserves some decent answers.

Mind you ... the statement about the matching tattoos did raise an eyebrow ... rolleyes.gif

why does matching tattoos raise eyebrows? my idea on first trip then half way through the second hers but was neva mentiond on the app

just wondering

Good comment. I was there and they certainly looked like bar girls to me, I can't give any evidence. 60 year old guy with a 35 year old chick... they got a visa. I am 64 and my wife 59.

The people at the desks were Thai and Chinese-Thai. A well known prossie from the village got through first time, difficult for the people at the embassy but I get annoyed when they publish their magnificent statistics every year.

(Sorry I still don't understand the quotes process).

Regards

Will

As I said.

on my second app il provide the itternaty when i traveld with her to phuket on my first time back after meeting her originaly and a few pics that il b taking on my next trip.

BUT the mayne problem is hard to fix....

HOW DO I CONVINCE THEM SHE WILL RETURN appart from getn a job and holding it for more then 3 month

Regards

Will

As I said.

Now that's interesting. It would be more so if you could back it up with some proof.

You say 50% (of what's left) approvals go to bar girls?

I'm not saying the odd "back hander" doesn't happen, but I'd be surprised if it was epidemic.

Not sure how the Swiss embassy operates, but if it's like the Oz one, applications involving

Australians trying to get Thai's to Australia are "ticked off" by locally engaged staff who are mostly

Aussies.

Regards

Will

the officer in my case was defenately not an Aussie iv tried to pronaunce hes name 10 time still cant get it right

Show them a return plane ticket for the both of you? Show them a contract proving that she will have a job in Pattaya when she gets back? Maybe you should get wed in Thailand if that's what you want, that would be additional proof that your relationship is serious. Maybe you get an ED visa so that you can learn Thai? Still no guarantee that you will be successful, many people are in the same boat and it generally becomes difficult with time, separation, sending money, getting (justifiably?) suspicious.

I must admit that I am a bit cynical about all this, but I do wish you the best of luck.

Good comment. I was there and they certainly looked like bar girls to me, I can't give any evidence. 60 year old guy with a 35 year old chick... they got a visa. I am 64 and my wife 59.

The people at the desks were Thai and Chinese-Thai. A well known prossie from the village got through first time, difficult for the people at the embassy but I get annoyed when they publish their magnificent statistics every year.

(Sorry I still don't understand the quotes process).

What they look like is irrelevant. What is relevant is their reason to return. Maybe they've got kids. Maybe they've been living with an Aussie in Bangkok for 10 years. Maybe they've got a law degree.

Show them a return plane ticket for the both of you? Show them a contract proving that she will have a job in Pattaya when she gets back? Maybe you should get wed in Thailand if that's what you want, that would be additional proof that your relationship is serious. Maybe you get an ED visa so that you can learn Thai? Still no guarantee that you will be successful, many people are in the same boat and it generally becomes difficult with time, separation, sending money, getting (justifiably?) suspicious.

I must admit that I am a bit cynical about all this, but I do wish you the best of luck.

and getting married does not prove a relationship it just shows you are married nothing more dumb idea to marry in the hope it will change their minds or convince them they are not that stupid they have seen it all

"the officer in my case was defenately not an Aussie iv tried to pronaunce hes name 10 time still cant get it right"

quote:

Your case officer will be Thai, but it will be forwarded on to a locally engaged staff member (usually an Aussie)

for approval.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

Well, then she should have no plomplem then. Settled!

The US specifically states that illegal behavior such as prostitution is grounds for denial. It is asked in the app process as well so if you hook, psst or present - you will.be lying.

This woman will never see Oz. She has -0 chance of a tourist visa. Investing years, getting married is the only hope imo. But its pretty no hope.

ll let you jokers get back to the circlejerk still in progress...

Edited by bangkokburning

Regards

Will

Well, then she should have no plomplem then. Settled!

The US specifically states that illegal behavior such as prostitution is grounds for denial. It is asked in the app process as well so if you hook, psst or present - you will.be lying.

This woman will never see Oz. She has -0 chance of a tourist visa. Investing years, getting married is the only hope imo. But its pretty no hope.

ll let you jokers get back to the circlejerk still in progress...

Nice one my friend you are more polite earlier in the day. .. I wonder why that is?