Thai Police Hold Serial Panty Thief After Jewel Heist

Lite Beer

Thai police hold serial panty thief after jewel heist

BANGKOK, Nov 16, 2012 (AFP) -

Thai police said Friday they had discovered thousands of items of stolen women's underwear at the home of a robbery suspect, the second time the man has been found hoarding undergarments this year.

Danai Raiwech, 48, was arrested at his home in a Bangkok suburb on Thursday after police searched his property in connection with a $325,000 heist at a jewellers.

His wife was found wearing items of stolen jewellery, but during the search officers also uncovered bags full of underwear.

"He confessed that he obsesses over underwear and uses it for masturbation," Police Colonel Napanwut Liamsanguan told AFP.

"He collected underwear for many years, stealing them from houses or apartments three or five each time.

I stopped counting at 2,000 pieces of underwear but there must be more than 5,000 of them I'm sure," he said.

His wife was apparently aware of his problem but he had refused to see doctor, the policeman added.

In January officers found more than a thousand items of underwear in the trunk of Danai's car after they arrested him for burglary, while several thousand more were uncovered at his house during a subsequent search.

He was bailed on that occasion after admitting stealing and collecting women's underwear since the age of 18.

Napanwut said he would be charged for the jewellery robbery but it would be difficult to prosecute for the underwear theft because the owners must first file a complaint to police.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-11-16

I can't believe his wife knew that he was stealing knickers and stayed with him. You'd have thought she would have been completely 'underwear' of his problem.

Apparently she's the only woman in the neighbourhood with a padlock on her knicker drawer.

Does Admin seriously believe that forum members are interested in a Thai national stealing and hoarding underwear.

There are enough members who post stupid topics, we don't need it from admin.

You seem to be interested in a weird sort of way. Anything you'd like to share with us?

Does Admin seriously believe that forum members are interested in a Thai national stealing and hoarding underwear.

You seem to be interested in a weird sort of way. Anything you'd like to share with us?

What? You don't think we like a bit of fun? rolleyes.gif

Granted it would be more interesting if the accused was a farang because we could all accuse officials and police of a conspiracy to set him up but I still find it to be an interesting and entertaining read.

He could earn quite a bit of money selling them in Japan, as I understand it.

They don't have underwear in Japan ?

There is a lucrative market in Japan for used and unwashed female underpants, usually supplied with a photo of the alleged wearer who usually appears to be only just pubescent. (Try googling "japanese underwear fetishist wanke_rs" or something similar. If that sounds a little strange, refer back to the OP.

Love that final paragraph. Does that mean that as long as no one complains you can steal what you like and avoid prosecution even if caught with stolen goods?

I think this would be the case anywhere. If somebody doesn't report something stolen then it isn't stolen or there is no victim. But I get your surprise and why I wanted to find the old article about this guy because I thought he had admitted to breaking into hundreds of homes to steal underwear and though they had some victim statements but can't recall for sure.

But I can certainly understand why somebody might not want to come forward and have to answer questions like ... "Can you positively identify this skid stain as being yours?" especially when I doubt they want their underwear back.

He could earn quite a bit of money selling them in Japan, as I understand it.

They don't have underwear in Japan ?

There is a lucrative market in Japan for used and unwashed female underpants, usually supplied with a photo of the alleged wearer who usually appears to be only just pubescent. (Try googling "japanese underwear fetishist wanke_rs" or something similar. If that sounds a little strange, refer back to the OP.

500 Yen and you can buy some used ones right from a vending machine ...

110827_nakano_broadway_otaku_tokyo_shops_anime_vinyl_toys_7.jpg

http://www.lacarmina.com/blog/2011/09/japanese-dirty-underwear-vending-machines-otaku-shopping-at-nakano-broadway-anime-manga-stores-tokyo/