High Season Or Idiot Season

PattayaPhom

It happens every year but this year seems to have started earlier and with a vengance not seen befor.......Any business owners out there noticed how many know it all have arrived already.....

Edited by Rimmer
Racist flame

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year is a funny one. I certainly would not call it high, the idiot factor is somewhat present but an interesting mix of people.

Either cheap charlie's to extreme or really good people,

The cheap charlie seem to find the new bottom, in my hotel bottle of water in the mini bar is 10 baht, and yet they would go all the way to the store to buy 1 for 8 or 9. not to mention taking 1 baht change after a meal

• Like 1

The original post has been edited as it infringes the following rule.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I have also removed all references to the term so we can now discuss the high season with out the racist undertones

• Like 1

But lauditory comments are quite welcome. So, here in the granny forum, we'll just have to pretend that recently, for high season, a number of exemplary, well educated, elegant, well-spoken charm school graduates have already begun arriving from their landed estates to impress us all with their politeness, gracious manners, kindness, consideration, and generosity. Not mention their good looks.

How lucky we are! FINALLY, after waiting all year for them. Pattaya, the tourist paradise. How we'll miss them when they buzz off.

Great!!!clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The cheap charlie seem to find the new bottom, in my hotel bottle of water in the mini bar is 10 baht, and yet they would go all the way to the store to buy 1 for 8 or 9. not to mention taking 1 baht change after a meal

At least I buy the 5 baht bottles when I go all the way to the store to buy cheaper water. tongue.png

• Like 1

Idiot season all year round

Plus cheap charlie all year round too the Missy has them coming into her travel shop for flights and what not wanting to pay much no surprise travel agent shop are closing everywhere in Pattaya it's unreal..

Edited by Notstupid30
  • Like 1

Clown & Sucker- Season?wub.png Love to see these beer-bellied monsters playing gentleman and "saving" their "love" when I drive down a Soi. They act as if the own the road to parade their "love"giggle.gif . Hand in hand....How bloody ridiculous is this?cheesy.gif Wonder when they carried the shopping bags for their wives back home the last time? Plenty of idiots carrying the handbag and a bunch of roses for their bg.'s here in Pattaya. And all of them are either sucesful businessmen or retired millionaires.thumbsup.gif

Well now, I used to help carry the shopping 'back home'.

Oddly enough I used to buy my wife roses too, because I wanted to.

Even stranger than that, I used to hold her hand while we were out and we were married for over 20 years.

Why should I be any different here?

I help with and carry the shopping.

I buy my g/f flowers because I want to, sometimes when we are on a night out down near Beach Road too. Well, hell, yes I have even been known to carry them !!

AND we hold hands whenever we are out together.

In your pathetic, one sided opinion, that makes her a BG and me an idiot and you could not be further from the truth in your extremely errant opinion of what you see and perceive ..... IMHO of course.

Clown & Sucker- Season?wub.png Love to see these beer-bellied monsters playing gentleman and "saving" their "love" when I drive down a Soi. They act as if the own the road to parade their "love"giggle.gif . Hand in hand....How bloody ridiculous is this?cheesy.gif Wonder when they carried the shopping bags for their wives back home the last time? Plenty of idiots carrying the handbag and a bunch of roses for their bg.'s here in Pattaya. And all of them are either sucesful businessmen or retired millionaires.thumbsup.gif

Well now, I used to help carry the shopping 'back home'.

Oddly enough I used to buy my wife roses too, because I wanted to.

Even stranger than that, I used to hold her hand while we were out and we were married for over 20 years.

Why should I be any different here?

I help with and carry the shopping.

I buy my g/f flowers because I want to, sometimes when we are on a night out down near Beach Road too. Well, hell, yes I have even been known to carry them !!

AND we hold hands whenever we are out together.

In your pathetic, one sided opinion, that makes her a BG and me an idiot and you could not be further from the truth in your extremely errant opinion of what you see and perceive ..... IMHO of course.

I agree with PD - if guys want to come and enjoy a few weeks here, spend some money on the girls that work in the bars etc, then good luck to them. They're not doing anyone any harm and if the girls want to spend a couple of week with them then who are we to judge them or look down on them. Clown and sucker season ? - I don't think so.

• Like 2

I may be missing something here !

Isn't Pattaya a Tourist Destination ???

I have never seen any signs about the Socio Economic standards required before Tourists are allowed to pay Air Fares & Taxes to get here.

We have been coming here since the 80s for 2 - 3 months at a time , not once was I asked about my Social status or Financial spending patterns to be allowed in to Thailand.

Obviously I slipped past the Critics on this page. Tch . Tch.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

So, Pattaya is getting full of tourists??

I thought most of them are over here in Sihanukville now! Specially those from that big eastern European country.

They must have discovered that vodka, beer and fags cost half as much here as in Thailand.

Help, help, keep 'em over there!

How does this interfere with your life?

You certainly keep your eyes open..........or maybe you're just really describing yourself?

You certainly keep your eyes open..........or maybe you're just really describing yourself?

how does that interfere with my life? well considering that i said i own a hotel and they prefer to go to the store to save 1 baht , that affects sales, which in turn affects profits which in turn affects my life style.

When they eat and wait for 1 baht change, it upsets my staff, when my staff is upset they do not come to work happy, when they do not come to work happy, they provide bad customer service, when they provide bad customer service i lose customers, which in turn again reflects on sales and again reflects on profits, which then reflects on life style.

Hope its sufficient enough explanation for you on how it interferes with my liferolleyes.gif

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with being a cheap charlie. Why pay more than you have to for anything?

So long as you're not cheating someone, stealing something or being fraudulent then what you do with your own money is up to you.

Nobody has ever tipped me over and above any price I have requested for goods or services supplied.

tip is a gesture of gratitude for good service or good taste or fast service.

No one is forcing you to tip, but if you want to get faster/preferential service one would.

Try not to tip in a nice bar and see what happens the next time you go order a round.

When i say a nice bar, i do not mean a beer bar, i mean a nice bar in any country in the world where drinks do not cost $3, but more like $10

Idiot season all year round

Plus cheap charlie all year round too the Missy has them coming into her travel shop for flights and what not wanting to pay much no surprise travel agent shop are closing everywhere in Pattaya it's unreal..

travel agents are closing worldwide because the internet is cheaper and more efficient.

most people under 45 have not set foot in a travel agents in years

Very true,considering I could have booked a flight myself online,from Bangkok to Udonthani,and had to listen to the guy in the seat next to me,telling me, my 1900 baht flight had only cost him 1200 baht,

how does that interfere with my life? well considering that i said i own a hotel and they prefer to go to the store to save 1 baht , that affects sales, which in turn affects profits which in turn affects my life style.

When they eat and wait for 1 baht change, it upsets my staff, when my staff is upset they do not come to work happy, when they do not come to work happy, they provide bad customer service, when they provide bad customer service i lose customers, which in turn again reflects on sales and again reflects on profits, which then reflects on life style.

Hope its sufficient enough explanation for you on how it interferes with my liferolleyes.gif

The answer for you is: raise your prices by 1 baht then there is no change!