Where Can I Buy The Nasal Wash Salt In Bulk? Which Brand Recommended?

jiangaq

As i have rhinitis problem, I need to nasal care by rinsing every day, so I need to buy salt small packages instead of a big bottle of Klean & Kare Normal saline solution, which I think too expensive to consume it (only 1000ml). Anyone has good recommendation? Thanks.

Probably the cheapest source of pure non-iodized salt would be a chemical supply house such as Union Science on Doi Suthep Rd. I think I paid 15 baht for reagent grade sodium chloride.

Also, most likely you know this but it's safest to use distilled water. You can also boil tap water. But don't ever use tap water straight from the tap. If the water has amoebas in it, they can cross over into your brain. Which invasion is usually fatal.

Probably the cheapest source of pure non-iodized salt would be a chemical supply house such as Union Science on Doi Suthep Rd. I think I paid 15 baht for reagent grade sodium chloride.

Also, most likely you know this but it's safest to use distilled water. You can also boil tap water. But don't ever use tap water straight from the tap. If the water has amoebas in it, they can cross over into your brain. Which invasion is usually fatal.

Where can you get distilled water in Chiang Mai. Is it the same as you put in your car battery?

Make it yourself. :)

It doesn't need to be perfectly sterile because you're not using it in your eyes, and salt is a hostile environment for germs etc. anyway.

It's one slightly rounded teaspoon of salt, and the same amount of baking soda in a liter of water. Simply boil the water and dissolve the soda and salt.

I can relate. I had nasal surgery about ten years ago to open up my sinuses and fix a deviated septum. Wow what a difference. It's the second best thing I ever did for myself. The best was having lasik surgery and going to 20/15 vision after being really nearsighted. Medical procedures are relatively cheap in LOS. Have you seen an ENT about the possibility that surgery would fix it?