Why I Like Christmas In Thailand

chiangmaikelly

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Christmas here because I don't have to go through all that rigmarole of celebrations, carols for months on end and tha general madness of it all.

The carols have already started in a number of Bangkok shopping malls and offices; and they've be known to continue well into February!

In Thailand I eat Japanese for Christmas dinner and ladies in the mall dress up in red bikinis with red stockings and suspenders and play country music on violins. What could be more Thai?

Never mind more Thai or not, the important thing is, where can I see these ladies? w00t.gif

In Thailand I eat Japanese for Christmas dinner and ladies in the mall dress up in red bikinis with red stockings and suspenders and play country music on violins. What could be more Thai?

Never mind more Thai or not, the important thing is, where can I see these ladies? w00t.gif

Lamtong mall in Rayong. They also have a good wine and cheese shop there where one may purchase proper cheese and wine.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Actually the OP was why I like Christmas in Thailand not why Christmas is better somewhere else. Hard isn't to grasp that concept? smile.png

Seemingly so, since you needed two response to get to the point.

I recommend fish oil - I'm told it helps some.

Actually the OP was why I like Christmas in Thailand not why Christmas is better somewhere else. Hard isn't to grasp that concept? smile.png

Seemingly so, since you needed two response to get to the point.

I recommend fish oil - I'm told it helps some.

You are correct. I take on topic pills every morning. I just don't seem to see posts that are 180 degrees off topic anymore.biggrin.png

Xmas in the US has been turned into a big commercial enterprise where buying gift for friends and family is the message. Which most of the time is unwanted and such unappreciated... I used to feel so much pressure to get the right gift I hated it. So I like Xmas here because if you want to buy someone a gift you just buy one of those baskets of stuff that you see at all the big stores. All festive and GTG plus very easy to regift.....

Sent from my aigoPad M80 PLUS

• Like 1

I don't like it here at all at Xmas not traditional enough for me, maybe in 30 years I'll adjust but for now hop on a plane and eat traditional food and be around family.

So that's why you like Christmas in Thailand eh? smile.png Some of us have adjusted. I don't know what makes the difference. Maybe travel and education as a young man made me less dependent on one culture over another and given me the ability to look at things for what they are as opposed to the traditional values of my forefathers.

In NZ I have the misfortune of having to listen to Christmas carols every time I leave my apartment during December

In Thailand I have the misfortunte of being an English teacher, so need to teach/sing Christmas carols every time I go to work during December.

Sometimes you think you've escaped, and then they just drag you back in lol.

• Like 1

Lamtong mall in Rayong. They also have a good wine and cheese shop there where one may purchase proper cheese and wine.

Where's the cheese and wine shop in LT?

Where's the cheese and wine shop in LT?

At the North end across from Fuji restaurant. It opened a couple of months ago. Wine by the glass or bottle. Imported beer too and cheeses and salamis and some bakery items. Close to MacDonalds, KFC, Sizzler, Santa Fe Steak house, Swensen's Ice cream, You know the usual Thai places.

OP -- when will you put your Christmas Tree up?

I discussed this yesterday with the GF. We're planning on December 1.

You?

Its all about the elves! wub.png

You've been in Thailand often enough to know its all about the "santees".

Thank gawd I left all that crapola behind in farangland, couldnt stand it there cant stand it here.

Its near unavoidable in Bankgok, so I'll simply enjoy the festive cheer. :D

some of the old farangland and how crap it is on this thread reminds me of all the farangs who used to bleat on about how they could never live back there(as in where they originated)

Quite sad as most that said it had probably burned their bridges back home....

Christmas in the UK, pubs, decent farang food, Christmas specials on TV to snuggle up with the missus on the sofa to, the crisp fresh air in the mornings on the way to work after the works Christmas party when you are feeeling worse for wear, the initial wind down leading up to Christmas eve....but most of all family and friends to spend time with!

Once it's over though get me on a plane and to some sun before that freezing Jan/Feb starts kicking in smile.png

Edited by norrona

OP -- when will you put your Christmas Tree up?

I discussed this yesterday with the GF. We're planning on December 1.

You?

My tree is going up on the 1st too...my daughter is nearly 4 now so need to make more of an effort now...planning on xmas in the UK next year....longggg way before that though!

some of the old farangland and how crap it is on this thread reminds me of all the farangs who used to bleat on about how they could never live back there(as in where they originated)

Christmas in the UK, pubs, decent farang food, Christmas specials on TV to snuggle up with the missus on the sofa to, the crisp fresh air in the mornings on the way to work after the works Christmas party when you are feeeling worse for wear, the initial wind down leading up to Christmas eve....but most of all family and friends to spend time with!

Once it's over though get me on a plane and to some sun before that freezing Jan/Feb starts kicking in smile.png

Good on ya mate. In a thread bout Christmas in Thailand you managed to slag off Farangs, 1. "Quite sad as most that said it had probably burned their bridges back home...." 2. Hype Christmas in the UK, "Christmas in the UK, pubs, decent farang food, Christmas specials on TV to snuggle up with the missus on the sofa." And actually rescue the post with getting back on topic in the end.wai2.gif

Good on ya mate. In a thread bout Christmas in Thailand you managed to slag off Farangs, 1. "Quite sad as most that said it had probably burned their bridges back home...." 2. Hype Christmas in the UK, "Christmas in the UK, pubs, decent farang food, Christmas specials on TV to snuggle up with the missus on the sofa." And actually rescue the post with getting back on topic in the end.wai2.gif

thumbsup.gif just my experience on the former fella....