Beware Of Getting Your Warts (Or Anything Else) Lasered In Bangkok

roamer

true story;

many years ago my uncle went into the chinese take away, he had a band aid on his thumb and the guy behind the counter asked "sore finger?"

my uncle replied "no it's just a small cut"

the chinese man asked again "sore finger?" and my uncle again said "no its just a small cut, its nothing really"

when the chinese man asked for a third time he waved the bottles of vinegar and salt in the air :)

• Like 1

Btw. I'm aware that by posting this I might be accused of posting a somewhat apocryphal tale. All I can tell you is that this conversation occurred on Saturday, we know the person it happened to. It really happened smile.png

You won't be accused of posting an apocryphal tale, simply because nobody knows what that means!

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

Of dubious veracity; of questionable accuracy or truthfulness; anecdotal or in the nature of an urban legend. There is an apocryphal tale of a little boy plugging the dike with his finger. "]http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ Surely everybody knows that one ? I think I even met her, whistling.gif

Had a Japanese-American chemistry teacher. When introducing us to the concepts of molarity and molality he pointed out that these were two diffierrent things, it had nothing to do mispronunciation due to him being of Japanese descent (he was 3rd generation US). Cracked me up.

a friend of mine went to a clinic to get some small freckles removed from his face, they ended up burning several scars onto his cheeks, forehead, and jaw line which have yet to go away (6 months and counting now).

i simply dont trust the "clinics" in Thailand, too many are filled with people who should not be practicing medicine in any capacity.

Btw. I'm aware that by posting this I might be accused of posting a somewhat apocryphal tale. All I can tell you is that this conversation occurred on Saturday, we know the person it happened to. It really happened smile.png (my bolding)

That won't be a problem, we know you are not related to theblether.

Speaking of that particular member ... very quite now-a-days ... whistling.gif

Edited by David48

a friend of mine went to a clinic to get some small freckles removed from his face, they ended up burning several scars onto his cheeks, forehead, and jaw line which have yet to go away (6 months and counting now).

i simply dont trust the "clinics" in Thailand, too many are filled with people who should not be practicing medicine in any capacity.

I wouldn‘t generalize about the clinics, or say this is a Thai phenomenon. I‘ve heard such stories in Europe as well. In any country, I would choose my doctor through recommendations.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App