Airport Plaza: Massive Building In 2Nd Car Park

ianf

As if there is not enough parking at this Mall, they have taken away the 2nd car park to errect some monstrosity of a building. What is it? Surely not a multi-story car park? Another mall with no parking? Last night it was virtually impossible to park and it must now be hell at weekends. We'll stay away!

Edited by ianf

When the new malls open the problem resolve itself, by the way there were already 2 topics about parking at Airport plaza not long ago.

This won't be too much comfort to the companies who have invested in developing their space at Airport Plaza. The practice of degrading the value of a tenant's lease is all too common here - rent a nice new shop and next month the developer will likely have either rented the sidewalk in front to someone else or allowed a billboard to be erected so that you have no visibility from the main road. Check out the swimming pool company at the junction in front of Central Airport Plaza - I'll bet they bought in because of the great position and now there's a huge LED billboard that obscures them from about 25% of the cars waiting for the lights to change.

When the new malls open the problem resolve itself, by the way there were already 2 topics about parking at Airport plaza not long ago.

This won't be too much comfort to the companies who have invested in developing their space at Airport Plaza. The practice of degrading the value of a tenant's lease is all too common here - rent a nice new shop and next month the developer will likely have either rented the sidewalk in front to someone else or allowed a billboard to be erected so that you have no visibility from the main road. Check out the swimming pool company at the junction in front of Central Airport Plaza - I'll bet they bought in because of the great position and now there's a huge LED billboard that obscures them from about 25% of the cars waiting for the lights to change.

It.s crowdy at airport plaza at lunch and diner time and in the weekends. There is a big diversity of food stores, most people come for the food only. In weekends and holidays there are mostly festivities wich attrack young people. Many trade stores seem empty all the time. I've also seen the swimming pool company atvertising on that billboard sometimes.

Whoever rented in Airport Plaza, if they have a problem now, should have thought about that before leasing. So here's a giant mall and your two small exits do this... 1) makes you take a left going into town, and the other 2) makes you take a left towards the airport (with no thru-way), forcing you to use a small u-turn. The bottleneck here can be quite long, and quite dangerous if you're not careful. So, if you rented in Airport Plaza, you knew going in that, sure, there's was enough parking, but the exits for all those cars would be insanely limited. Thailand doesn't seem to have much interest in traffic mitigation. Oh well. Up to you.

now that I've moved near Maejo Univeristy, I find that most of my groceries are available at Rimping Mee Chok, and the large Home Mall in the outer ring road has a good range of gear, Only problem is that it gets hot in there, with no air con. Parking at Home Mall is good, but how come 'shade cloth' doesn't seem to have hit if off here?

If car parks in northern Australia don't have it, people go elsewhere. Saves the car becoming a microwave on wheels.

What we do need is a cinema or two.

Whoever rented in Airport Plaza, if they have a problem now, should have thought about that before leasing. So here's a giant mall and your two small exits do this...

As opposed to which other malls and shopping centers? ;) There's ONE that has well-planned access, and it's the Auchan people who put in a very big effort (extreme effort, actually) to make that happen.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

So here's a giant mall and your two small exits do this... 1) makes you take a left going into town, and the other 2) makes you take a left towards the airport (with no thru-way), forcing you to use a small u-turn. The bottleneck here can be quite long, and quite dangerous if you're not careful.

Agree but not mentioned the entrances at the same spots. Most cars come in from Mahidol road, the intersection is an incredible bottleneck,at peak houres. And many people ignore the red traffic lights so they block everything. Thai are very selfish people (in traffic anyway).

2) makes you take a left towards the airport (with no thru-way), forcing you to use a small u-turn. The bottleneck here can be quite long, and quite dangerous if you're not careful.

Or turn left at the airport & follow the road around to the traffic lights at Tesco on Hangdong road.

now that I've moved near Maejo Univeristy, the large Home Mall in the outer ring road has a good range of gear, Only problem is that it gets hot in there, with no air con. Parking at Home Mall is good, but how come 'shade cloth' doesn't seem to have hit if off here?

If car parks in northern Australia don't have it, people go elsewhere. Saves the car becoming a microwave on wheels.

That store does not get much business. I don't see it being there in a year or two from now. I've never found anything I've needed there; never once.

Edited by elektrified

now that I've moved near Maejo Univeristy, I find that most of my groceries are available at Rimping Mee Chok, and the large Home Mall in the outer ring road has a good range of gear, Only problem is that it gets hot in there, with no air con. Parking at Home Mall is good, but how come 'shade cloth' doesn't seem to have hit if off here?

What we do need is a cinema or two.

How are the movies there at Mee Chok are they English or Thai. Airport mall has them both and they subtitle the other language also they are air conditioned.

Hows the new Promenada coming on...Is it finished yet?

Will be back in CM for Christmas and above will be handy being on the 1317.

These are the November 2012 updates and doesn't look promising. Facebook says the 1st quarter of 2556

http://www.promenadachiangmai.com/prodEN/Site_Photos.php

Tywais.....Thanks ....

so it wont be finished during our visit....er...GOOD