India Hangs Lone Surviving Mumbai Gunman

News_Editor

What was his motive and what made him do this ??

He was allegedly indoctrinated by Lashkar-e-Taiba, Islamic terrorist oprganisation, who among other objectives are seeking India's removal from Kashmir. Attack was apparently sponsored by Pakistani intelligence; ISI. It was an attack to discredit India by attacking foreigners and a Jewish target in Mumbai. Most of the murdered were Indians.

They should have cremated the body and, if there was confirmation that they supported the attack in any way, sent the ashes back to the Pakistan Intelligence Agency.

That would provoke violent riots. As you well know in a country with one of the world's largest muslim populations, the muslims would be offended as it is considered an affront to cremate a body. The Indians are not about to repeat the mistake of the US personnel in Afghanistan, no matter how much they detest the Pakistanis.

• Like 1

What also saddens me is that the Indians and the Pakistanis have got so much in common (and by the way, I have had several friends from both the two countries) but there is this animosity between the two countries. The thing to blame is nothing but religion. This very example shows how much of a divisive thing religion is.

What also saddens me is that the Indians and the Pakistanis have got so much in common (and by the way, I have had several friends from both the two countries) but there is this animosity between the two countries. The thing to blame is nothing but religion. This very example shows how much of a divisive thing religion is.

No, it's not solely religion and to say so is far too simple an explanation to a complex problem.

Read up on the separation and you'll see why

• Like 1