Thai Police Chief Put In Charge Instead Of Army Boss For Fear Of Favouritism

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suspect that the democratic protesters will be outnumbered several-to-one, by the forces of oppression control, unless of course the government knows something that they haven't yet told the rest of us ?

Can this seeming over-reaction be due merely to one man's paranoia-from-afar ?

One can only hope that the protest goes smoothly & peacefully.

To think, last week Obama was praising Thailand's democracy! One does indeed hope for a peaceful and smooth exercise of democracy. But, judging by the foreces of control being assembled, I doubt it. This seems more like a set up to teach you "protest in public and you'll get beat up, arrested or worse".

yes and how about the airport and government house?

crazy idea. how about no more coups and no more protests and democratically elected governments? crazy huh?

Protests are a civil right and should be allowed (providing they remain peaceful and organized)

Coup's - well that hot potato, a coup to throw out a dictator i agree with, a coup to simply seize power or for personal profit/gain i do not agree with. A Coup to throw out a corrupt ineffective government - well i'm still up in the air on that one (but lean slightly towards the 'yeah ok, lets do it' camp)

democratically elected government? Well when their are free and fair elections, with no vote buying (by either side) no mass corruption etc - then sure, its a good thing! When its 'democratically elected but actually we bought votes, promised you the moon-on-a-stick but failed to deliver and we will rape the countries coffers whilst thumbing our nose at you, then i say bring on the tanks.

Is calling for/wanting a coup illegal? No i don't believe it is... is enacting a coup illegal? Depends who wins i guess wink.png

fine. i think it is fair if people are honest like you are and say that they do not believe in democracy and want a dictator. of course do not get angry when the dictatorship does not go as planned. of course the majority of thai people do not share your opinion. they do not want a dictatorship.

• Like 1

fine. i think it is fair if people are honest like you are and say that they do not believe in democracy and want a dictator. of course do not get angry when the dictatorship does not go as planned. of course the majority of thai people do not share your opinion. they do not want a dictatorship.

Where did i say i do not believe in democracy and favored a Dictator? I think you mis-read/mis-understood

Edited by MunterHunter

I suspect that the democratic protesters will be outnumbered several-to-one, by the forces of oppression control, unless of course the government knows something that they haven't yet told the rest of us ?

To think, last week Obama was praising Thailand's democracy! One does indeed hope for a peaceful and smooth exercise of democracy. But, judging by the foreces of control being assembled, I doubt it. This seems more like a set up to teach you "protest in public and you'll get beat up, arrested or worse".

Occupy Wall Street should have shut down JFK airport and then climbed the fences of the White House and set up shop there. That would have went over well.

You can't have a functioning society if every two years 50k people get together and shut down the country.

I am sorry the yellow shirts cant win an election. that is life. move on.

Where did i say i do not believe in democracy and favored a Dictator? I think you mis-read/mis-understood

sorry then. i thought you were saying that the winners write history with your last statement and that you feel (like many) that thailand is not ready for democracy or would be better off without it.

When this Government first came to power one of the more astute journalists commented that we should all be wary of the "red herrings" that will be liberally thrown around when anything of importance (particularly against them) is about to be raised. So, we have a censure debate about to be raised in Parliament against the Government and in particular the PM. So why do we not throw in a couple of "red herrings" about assassination plots, kidnapping plots, rally to overthrow Government (despite the first one being very peaceful). It all becomes even more suspect when the Chief of Police is put in charge of security despite an ISA being invoked, (who is a member of the clan) and it would appear that the Army is not buying into this "wacky races scenario". I suspect that by the end of next week, most people will be thinking what the <deleted> was all that about? TIT Folks.

• Like 1

They have successfully turned what would have been a peaceful, short, trouble free rally into something that could now prove highly problematic.

I see that someone drank the kool aid. What is the point of a peaceful trouble free protest? Isn't the entire point to occupy and demand that a democratically elected government quit because you can't win an election?

So Nixon shouldn't have been impeached then, or Pol Pot kicked out? Castro - bastion of democracy? Get real. Protesters around the world go onto the streets against corrupt governments, and unpopular policies. It's their right to protest, peacefully and lawfully, and is part of the challenge to government in any democracy. This current government are corrupt, inept, lie constantly and held the electorate in contempt with no respect for law and constitution.

What would your answer be then - wait patiently for the next election whilst the incumbents rape the coffers and bankrupt the country.

• Like 2

I cannot get rid of the feeling that the Government are making an absolute cluster <deleted> out of this entire situation. They have successfully turned what would have been a peaceful, short, trouble free rally into something that could now prove highly problematic. The Government seem intent on garnering an overtly aggressive response and 50 000 police officers is overkill to state the least. The command and control issues will be interesting. It seems the police are drafting in units from all over the country now. 150 police left our town for Bangkok yesterday - 900 km away. There is so much fuss being made by the Government that there are now busloads preparing to travel up from here so that they can join the protest and see what all the fuss is about. I think if the current Government had to deal with anything remotely like the red shirts inflicted on Bangkok for a month or two, they would all implode. It's going to get even more interesting I think as Governmental panic sets in !

"peaceful, short, trouble free rally" "we want a coup and overthrow the government"sounds not really peaceful to me.In the US or Europe u will sit in prison if u announce stuff like that,besides that i think it's smart of Yingluck to tell the people whats going on,and more smart to do it while half of Thailand is watching a boring Thai soap,this small announcement gives her something like "free ticket"to act the way the government want to act

Have you missed the point? There is no plan to kidnap the puppet PM, or start a coup on Saturday to overthrow this "democratically elected" gang governement. No evidence or proof of either. It's an excuse to invoke an ISA, put police chief relative in charge and use violence and intimadtion to surpress any form of public critisicm. Just another little white lie!

When this Government first came to power one of the more astute journalists commented that we should all be wary of the "red herrings" that will be liberally thrown around when anything of importance (particularly against them) is about to be raised. So, we have a censure debate about to be raised in Parliament against the Government and in particular the PM. So why do we not throw in a couple of "red herrings" about assassination plots, kidnapping plots, rally to overthrow Government (despite the first one being very peaceful). It all becomes even more suspect when the Chief of Police is put in charge of security despite an ISA being invoked, (who is a member of the clan) and it would appear that the Army is not buying into this "wacky races scenario". I suspect that by the end of next week, most people will be thinking what the <deleted> was all that about? TIT Folks.

I hope you're right.

So Baerboxer you really believe these protests are meant to be peaceful and that there is no plan to eventually occupy some part of the country? Were you living under a rock the past decade? You don't know where this is going? I am guessing you arrived in Thailand about a week ago and have no knowledge of Thailand's history of military involvement in government and murder of the Thai people?

Edited by farang000999

Did you miss the comments by Boonlert?

Gen Boonlert has said he wants to see a military coup, followed by a five-year "time out" from politicians to give Thailand a chance to recover from the effects of corruption and bad policies. He plans to lead the next Pitak Siam rally on Nov 24 at the Royal Plaza
Edited by farang000999

So Baerboxer you really believe these protests are meant to be peaceful and that there is no plan to eventually occupy some part of the country? Were you living under a rock the past decade? You don't know where this is going? I am guessing you arrived in Thailand about a week ago and have no knowledge of Thailand's history of military involvement in government and murder of the Thai people?

Let me know 009 with a PM what part of the country is going to be occupied just as soon as you know so if necessary I can jump into the Chevy and split before it's too late. But please make sure your medicine wears off before you PM me.

Occupy Wall Street should have shut down JFK airport and then climbed the fences of the White House and set up shop there. That would have went over well.

You can't have a functioning society if every two years 50k people get together and shut down the country.

I am sorry the yellow shirts cant win an election. that is life. move on.

You can't have a functioning society if you ban peaceful protests, make appointments based on nepotism and cronyism, and allow the government members to act without any concern of the law.

Presumably your idea of a functioning society is Uganda, Zimbabwe, North Korea, Cuba etc - not many protesters there.

Or Cambodia where a gathering of 50 or more will be ended by authorities with brute force. That's the democracy many people seem to like.

Thailand Live Friday 23rd #28:

"Deputy PM Chalerm asserts authorities won't use violence responding to anti-government rally; ISA enforcement reasonable; apologises to public for traffic inconvenience /MCOT"

A bit improper addressing, it should have been "Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm"

"Deputy PM Chalerm asserts authorities won't use violence responding to anti-government rally; ISA enforcement reasonable; apologises to public for traffic inconvenience /MCOT"

Heads will roll. Be afraid, be very afraid.

fascinating-have you got a block i can subscribe tosaai.gif

fascinating-have you got a block i can subscribe tosaai.gif

You're not satisfied with ThaiVisa ?

As for blocks, use empty tissue boxes. Very useful for practising building barricades wink.png

• Like 1

I know this won't happen - but I think a master stroke would be for 50,000 protesters to turn up, have somebody say a few words and then close proceedings and everyone goes home. Now that would make this governments panic stricken measures and complete overkill look stupid in the extreme!!!clap2.gifclap2.gif.

• Like 1

I know this won't happen - but I think a master stroke would be for 50,000 protesters to turn up, have somebody say a few words and then close proceedings and everyone goes home. Now that would make this governments panic stricken measures and complete overkill look stupid in the extreme!!!clap2.gifclap2.gif.

I think it won't happen, because I know a lot people who travel from the South to Bangkok. So it will be more people.

But fun would be, if they just move the date one week ahead.....than the police can wait there without any demonstrators for 1 week.

I think it won't happen, because I know a lot people who travel from the South to Bangkok. So it will be more people.

But fun would be, if they just move the date one week ahead.....than the police can wait there without any demonstrators for 1 week.

Indeed, just keep announcing protests and watch the government run around in circles.

• Like 1

I cannot get rid of the feeling that the Government are making an absolute cluster <deleted> out of this entire situation. They have successfully turned what would have been a peaceful, short, trouble free rally into something that could now prove highly problematic. The Government seem intent on garnering an overtly aggressive response and 50 000 police officers is overkill to state the least. The command and control issues will be interesting. It seems the police are drafting in units from all over the country now. 150 police left our town for Bangkok yesterday - 900 km away. There is so much fuss being made by the Government that there are now busloads preparing to travel up from here so that they can join the protest and see what all the fuss is about. I think if the current Government had to deal with anything remotely like the red shirts inflicted on Bangkok for a month or two, they would all implode. It's going to get even more interesting I think as Governmental panic sets in !

"peaceful, short, trouble free rally" "we want a coup and overthrow the government"sounds not really peaceful to me.In the US or Europe u will sit in prison if u announce stuff like that,besides that i think it's smart of Yingluck to tell the people whats going on,and more smart to do it while half of Thailand is watching a boring Thai soap,this small announcement gives her something like "free ticket"to act the way the government want to act

"we want a coup and overthrow the government"

where in europe would you sit in prison for saying these things?

Indeed, just keep announcing protests and watch the government run around in circles.

Running around in circles is a daily occurrence for Yingluck and her bunch of buffons.

Police Commissioner General Police General Adul Saengsingkaew had prepared 112 companies comprising 16,800 policemen to maintain security around the rally site.

Adul plans to mobilise some 50,000-80,000 police officers to control the Saturday rally.

Forces ready to control the Saturday rally :

80,000 Police / 23,000 Police Volunteers / 200,000 Red Shirts

blink.png

I'm going to miss it.

I'll have to ask the TGF to give me a report from the television broadcasts

• Like 1

GentlemanJim

According to jayboy himself he is more intelligent than the rest of us and although I have my doubts about this I will give him the benifit of the doubt. He may be Einstein's grandson for all I know but again I have my doubts. He absolutely knows that he posts bullshit just to pull people's chains get a discussion going. So he is what he is and that is that.