Moving $$ From America

As said the information in this thread is valid and current and my last ACH transfer was yesterday and exchange rate used was 30.49 baht per USD. I suspect your issues are with Chase - have you even made the test deposit yet? With USAA (which is a much more friendly bank in my experience) you want to set up as not having control of the destination account (as originating bank can not withdraw from your Bangkok Bank account). Name on my US account is mine only but on Bangkok Bank account it is a joint account with wife and no problems from Bangkok Bank. But perhaps if not set up as not having control such joint account might be an issue. But easy enough to set up a new account just in your name if you want.

Not sure why you must use Chase. But you can get around that by setting up another US bank account and transfer from Chase to that first and from that to Bangkok Bank. This is what I do from a US joint account to my USAA and then to Bangkok Bank. My USAA account only charges 1% for card use overseas so consider that a valid option for medical bills. I do have a Chase credit card but only use for US expenses as 3% fee is just too much to ignore.

I have also used AEON using two different bank debit/check cards and had no charge other than from my home bank fee.

AFAIK, anytime most any U.S. Chase customer uses their Chase ATM/debit card outside the U.S., Chase is going to charge a foreign currency fee on the POS or ATM withdrawal transaction, and may well charge a flat fee as well for foreign ATM withdrawals.

Look at the online terms and conditions document for your particular variety of Chase account, and I'm sure they have a Fees section that isn't too hard to find.

If you're using a U.S. Chase ATM card outside the U.S., it's most certainly Chase that's reaming you.... not AEON.