Any Pilots Out There?

ray23

Geez, I wonder if they recognize licenses from Western countries. I've never seen what appears to be obstacles to getting a license. 6 months and all that training at those prices just for a basic private pilot's license?

I'm use to the fixed base operator (dealer/ school/repairs etc.) having an incentive to woo new pilots to rent or buy planes, fuel, etc. etc. Cessna gave me all of my books and basic "lap" materials. I had to have 20 hours flying with an instructor before I could solo, and another 20 to get my license, upon of course passing the written and flying tests. I had to have 100 hours and a check ride to fly a turbo single, and 200 hours to test for and get my multi-engine rating. It took me about 30 days to have my single engine private pilot's license, and that was part time. The multi-engine and IFR ratings came later but they weren't any worse.

Unless they'd accept a US FAA license and log book, I wouldn't bother.

Geez, I wonder if they recognize licenses from Western countries. I've never seen what appears to be obstacles to getting a license. 6 months and all that training at those prices just for a basic private pilot's license?

I'm use to the fixed base operator (dealer/ school/repairs etc.) having an incentive to woo new pilots to rent or buy planes, fuel, etc. etc. Cessna gave me all of my books and basic "lap" materials. I had to have 20 hours flying with an instructor before I could solo, and another 20 to get my license, upon of course passing the written and flying tests. I had to have 100 hours and a check ride to fly a turbo single, and 200 hours to test for and get my multi-engine rating. It took me about 30 days to have my single engine private pilot's license, and that was part time. The multi-engine and IFR ratings came later but they weren't any worse.

hold your horses:

http://thaiflyingclub.com/linkvalidationprocedure2.html

They do.

Thank you. That's better. I can't see how many Thais could afford to get licensed and to fly.

Plenty could - but as a % of the total population, that is still low.

350K isn't much to some these days....but that is totally another debate.