We Lost To Evil: Rally Leader

Lite Beer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abhisit is the leader of the opposition party and as such a potential future PM of the country.

He needs to be proactive and let the people know where he politically stands and not just lurk in the background.

If he does not denounce yesterdays protest then he will be associated to it.

He's already denounced calling for a coup and rightly so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

If Boonlert had called his rally one against corruption, left the politics out of it, he may have had more support. Unlike the reds 2010 protest, the govt way outmaneuvered the General. Thanks goodness he never had to meet an enemy at war!!! Blocked participants, had barricades in place way before they turned up and had a show of force by police the dems could never arrange. Crushed prior to birth. The reds and the Thaksin faction are in power and they will hang on to it to milk Thailand as long as they can by any means possible. The spin doctors like Chalerm pre-empting violence and then no doubt undertaking it when not called for, does not cause him any concern whatsoever. The next few days as to charges against the demonstrators, you can bet he will make examples of them to ensure people will think twice about further demonstrations. Welcome to dictatorship 'Thaksinocracy'. You wanted it, you got it.

Asiawatcher, are you seriously suggesting that the Thai people would be better off living under General Looney's fascist dictatorship? So you don't like this government, fine, try to knock some sense into that spineless bunch of wimps in the Democratic Party. If they were to shed their Bangkok-centric, elite, hi-so image and try to appeal to everyone in Thailand, maybe they just might win the next election.

how true, how true

Pitak Siam lost to common sense and democracy !

For quite some time already a growing number of us are saying that the posters mentioned above ^^ and those who support them are getting increasingly out of touch with the feelings of the large majority of the Thai population.

There is no arguing with the idea of he majority of the Thai population, evident by the last election 18 months ago. But Jurgen as you know a large minority of the population (the 10 million + Dem voters) feel abandoned by this government. Those feelings will not end soon and unless PTP government is able to provide some meaningful policies and direction and treat all Thai as equals, as opposed to one rule for the reds and another for everyone else. (and don't nit pick you know its true) the fractured nature of Thai politics will remain (just as it did under the Dems) and protests will become more frequent, violent and larger (just as it did under the dems)) The writing is on the wall.

Majority rule, doesn't equal you do what we say, want, or tell you to. That is democratic slavery.

Yingluck came to power with the promise of bringing reconciliation to Thailand - clearly she has failed as she (and i blame her advisers on this one) sought to conquer as opposed to reconcile with her opponents. This rally was a symptom of that failure. Lets just hope she learns from this.

Boonlert is a dick, but he vocalized the concerns, and opposition od an increasing number of people in Bangkok have too the direction the country is moving in (that's another topic) and as history teaches - In Thai politics you ignore fickle Bangkok at your peril.

I agree that reconcilliation has failed thus far but it is hardly the fault of the YL government alone...it went nowhere under Abhisit, too. Thais simply refuse to reconcile, to negotiate in good faith, refuse to compromise, and they are poor sports and bad losers. Moreover, they refuse to acknowledge how divisive and destructive Article 112 is. Article 112 drives much of the divisiveness in Thailand and poisons nearly everything in Thai society. Only when Thais are free to both discuss EVERYTHING holding Thailand back and can expect that the needed changes will really happen, Thailand will remain a third-rate country no one really cares about.

• Like 2

With the BBc running graphic pictures of a capital city using tear gas on its own citizens just days after Obama flew out, I think the protest has to be accepted as a resounding success.

That image of a once again riot torn Thailand, politically ill at ease with itself, has been re-enforced for all independant watchers.

Also, I believe it will provide the catalyst to other anti Thaksin groups; for that is what all this unrest is about.

They have identified themselves as another section of society alienated by the endemic corruption visited upon society by the eliteThaksin clan.

The next step will be for this group of protesters to become enbraced by others and the numbers simply swell.

The problem for Thailand is that there is no application of the law. There is an insignificant priviledged elite who dominate economically and politically to preserve their vested interests and who thereby damage the remaining 99% of society. They keep the poor without hope due to pursuing policies that benefit only themselves.

That is Thailand summised.

The answer is to take action as democracy exists only as a concept. As does the law.

The people are right to take to the streets. Their problem is only that they are never effective enough. This blind notion that a million is needed is erroneous. It will take the entire rising of a nation in order to dislodge the corrupt elite who have raped this country for a century.

I believe it will happen as history shows us once protest is on the agenda; once people start taking to the streets there is no turning back. But rather a gathering storm that does eventually sweep away all that is in its path. In this case it can be seen that it is the Police [ the Thaksin stalwarts] who are once again surpressing the people. The Army are observers. That remains a major division.

Democracy does include protest. Protest does include the legitimate tearing down of the old; Libya never fell without violence, neither did Egypt; neither did France or Russia. America gained independence through war. Therefore, we expect an escalation of violence beyond anything that Thailand has ever experienced. Also, with the emphasis on change in Burma it is clear that Thais will see what can be achieved through protest. Yet if they are denied change here, unlike in Burma, then violence will be organised and will erupt.

History also tells us that the leaders of such countries do not capitulate. Gaddaffi certainly was dragged kicking and screaming, and I expect the Thaksin clan to be little different even as the writing is firmly written on the walls.

But change will come as the alternatative will remain endemic debt and poverty for the rural poor, no political system for the middle classes and everything for the few, who contribute so little, at the top.

What is happening in the rest of the world will not somehow be mysteriously buffered from Thailand.

Change, revoultion, protest, call it what you will, has already started and continues to gather strength.

Already in China the newly created wealth has spawned a second generation elite who are despised. That problem is in its infancy at birth and yet immediately the Chinese perceive this problem of inequality as something they must address - the re-distribution of wealth - otherwise their political system is under threat.

Yet Thailand does not have a political ruling elite in the same way as here it remains a single family. The Thaksins. Where the rape of a countries resources is the objective and a political ideology is not there has to be change. The only way that will be achieved is through violent struggle and the actions of protesters taking to the streets show that. Whetehr it is the middle east, africa, burma or here.

It was a successful protest.

They all are.

If Boonlert had called his rally one against corruption, left the politics out of it, he may have had more support. Unlike the reds 2010 protest, the govt way outmaneuvered the General. Thanks goodness he never had to meet an enemy at war!!! Blocked participants, had barricades in place way before they turned up and had a show of force by police the dems could never arrange. Crushed prior to birth. The reds and the Thaksin faction are in power and they will hang on to it to milk Thailand as long as they can by any means possible. The spin doctors like Chalerm pre-empting violence and then no doubt undertaking it when not called for, does not cause him any concern whatsoever. The next few days as to charges against the demonstrators, you can bet he will make examples of them to ensure people will think twice about further demonstrations. Welcome to dictatorship 'Thaksinocracy'. You wanted it, you got it.

Asiawatcher, are you seriously suggesting that the Thai people would be better off living under General Looney's fascist dictatorship? So you don't like this government, fine, try to knock some sense into that spineless bunch of wimps in the Democratic Party. If they were to shed their Bangkok-centric, elite, hi-so image and try to appeal to everyone in Thailand, maybe they just might win the next election.

how true, how true

You don't seem to have much of a grip on democratic canvassing.

Welcomed in Bangkok and the south.

Attacked in the north and north east. Red democracy

555 " loss to evil"

Pitak Siam,General Boonlert and all of his yellow Fellow should feel ashamed.

Yingluck is electet by the People from Thailand. It has shown the Justice .

She got the same number of votes as you Mister Eunuch

Yingluck,s Party won a projectet 261 seats ,with Abhisit taking only 162 seats .

So now it is yours to thinking,what the People from Thailand want.

• Like 1

Pitak Siam lost to common sense and democracy !

For quite some time already a growing number of us are saying that the posters mentioned above ^^ and those who support them are getting increasingly out of touch with the feelings of the large majority of the Thai population.

There is no arguing with the idea of he majority of the Thai population, evident by the last election 18 months ago. But Jurgen as you know a large minority of the population (the 10 million + Dem voters) feel abandoned by this government. Those feelings will not end soon and unless PTP government is able to provide some meaningful policies and direction and treat all Thai as equals, as opposed to one rule for the reds and another for everyone else. (and don't nit pick you know its true) the fractured nature of Thai politics will remain (just as it did under the Dems) and protests will become more frequent, violent and larger (just as it did under the dems)) The writing is on the wall.

Majority rule, doesn't equal you do what we say, want, or tell you to. That is democratic slavery.

Yingluck came to power with the promise of bringing reconciliation to Thailand - clearly she has failed as she (and i blame her advisers on this one) sought to conquer as opposed to reconcile with her opponents. This rally was a symptom of that failure. Lets just hope she learns from this.

Boonlert is a dick, but he vocalized the concerns, and opposition od an increasing number of people in Bangkok have too the direction the country is moving in (that's another topic) and as history teaches - In Thai politics you ignore fickle Bangkok at your peril.

I agree that reconcilliation has failed thus far but it is hardly the fault of the YL government alone...it went nowhere under Abhisit, too. Thais simply refuse to reconcile, to negotiate in good faith, refuse to compromise, and they are poor sports and bad losers. Moreover, they refuse to acknowledge how divisive and destructive Article 112 is. Article 112 drives much of the divisiveness in Thailand and poisons nearly everything in Thai society. Only when Thais are free to both discuss EVERYTHING holding Thailand back and can expect that the needed changes will really happen, Thailand will remain a third-rate country no one really cares about.

excellent post - get rid of the draconian laws that stifle free speech and seek to control the populace and welcome to a 'chance' that Thais might reconciliate - odds? not even 20% at the moment as all those who seek change and progress are stifled by the 'we can't talk about that'

how true, how true

South is full of trouble and strife unless you hadn't noticed and Bangkok Amart think only they 'know best' - bit like some TV posters really whistling.gif

"we lost to evil " says a fascist who was playing and singing to right wing tunes on stage yesterday which were popular among his kind while the massacres of students in 1976 where going on! Cheering protesters on to confront police and hoping for a bloodbath so his army pals could step in!

The sooner this old guard with their outdated thinking dissapears the better!

Thailand lost nothing yesterday – Thailand only won!

You're right, yesterday was a big victory for Thailand and democracy .

We should thank Pitak Siam for organizing this protest, showing to the world how completely out of touch these ideas of violence and military coup are with the general population.

It should be also a great wake up call for the democrats. If they want to come back to power,it has to be through the ballot box. Yesterday, by a large majority, the general population rallied behind the elected government against the threat of fascism and an other military coup. It's also a clear personal defeat for Abhisit, who failed (again) to understand what the Thai want

and what they are not ready to accept. Yesterday's fiasco is also a clear call for Abhisit resignation.

While i am glad this fascist has been exposed for what he is, a fool of the highest order, a dangerous fool, but still a fool I can't see what he had to do with Abhisit. PS, while attracting some PAD support, would have been no friends of the democrats. Fascists are a whole different breed of political animal, generally rabid and dangerous to all. Stop linking Abhisit with them please.

If one needs an additional example, while a few Democrat MP's were associated to varying degrees with PAD, there have been no Democrat MP's similarly associated with Pitak Siam.

To attempt to link Abhisit/Dems to the Pitak Siam is inaccurate.

It should be also a great wake up call for the democrats. If they want to come back to power,it has to be through the ballot box

is out of place when discussing a group that doesn't want a ballot box.

But since PitakSiam represents the same constituency as PAD ( with many of the same people and groups involved)I am afraid your attempt to distance the Democrats from the fascists falls at the first fence.

555 " loss to evil"

Pitak Siam,General Boonlert and all of his yellow Fellow should feel ashamed.

Yingluck is electet by the People from Thailand. It has shown the Justice .

She got the same number of votes as you Mister Eunuch

Yingluck,s Party won a projectet 261 seats ,with Abhisit taking only 162 seats .

So now it is yours to thinking,what the People from Thailand want.

PTP won 204 seats. Now down to 200 I believe.

how true, how true

See what I mean? For goodness sake stop rolling about on the floor whining "they don't like me" and grow a pair. Rethink your policies, talk to the people in a language that they understand even if it means ditching the English Public School cabal that chatters to their fellow elitists and makes the average Thai farmer vomit. Then go out and sell your policies. Thaksin did it, and don't tell me that there aren't billions of Baht swilling about in the Dems and their backers' pockets.

• Like 1

But since PitakSiam represents the same constituency as PAD ( with many of the same people and groups involved)I am afraid your attempt to distance the Democrats from the fascists falls at the first fence.

I'm not convinced that 'constituency' is the correct word.

If you believe that Democrat MPs were present, then present your facts to corroborate your statement.

• Like 1

You're right, yesterday was a big victory for Thailand and democracy .

We should thank Pitak Siam for organizing this protest, showing to the world how completely out of touch these ideas of violence and military coup are with the general population.

It should be also a great wake up call for the democrats. If they want to come back to power,it has to be through the ballot box. Yesterday, by a large majority, the general population rallied behind the elected government against the threat of fascism and an other military coup. It's also a clear personal defeat for Abhisit, who failed (again) to understand what the Thai want

and what they are not ready to accept. Yesterday's fiasco is also a clear call for Abhisit resignation.

While i am glad this fascist has been exposed for what he is, a fool of the highest order, a dangerous fool, but still a fool I can't see what he had to do with Abhisit. PS, while attracting some PAD support, would have been no friends of the democrats. Fascists are a whole different breed of political animal, generally rabid and dangerous to all. Stop linking Abhisit with them please.

If one needs an additional example, while a few Democrat MP's were associated to varying degrees with PAD, there have been no Democrat MP's similarly associated with Pitak Siam.

To attempt to link Abhisit/Dems to the Pitak Siam is inaccurate.

It should be also a great wake up call for the democrats. If they want to come back to power,it has to be through the ballot box

is out of place when discussing a group that doesn't want a ballot box.

As a first hurdle for your proposition, name some of these democrat mp's you say are associated with pitak siam and their role in that organization.

• Like 1

If you believe that Democrat MPs were present, then present your facts to corroborate your statement.

"Constituency" is exactly the right word.I did not say Democrat MPs were present.I said that many of the groups and people involved with Pitak Siam were also involved with PAD (and Democrat MPs including Abhisit and Korn had very close links with the latter).

As a first hurdle for your proposition, name some of these democrat mp's you say are associated with pitak siam and their role in that organization.

See my reply to Moruya above.Don't try to tell me you are going to suggest, even allowing for your disappointment at yeaterday's fiasco, that these two groups dont have a very significant degeee of overlap.Hardly surprising since they have the same political agenda and are supported by many of the same people.

excellent post - get rid of the draconian laws that stifle free speech and seek to control the populace and welcome to a 'chance' that Thais might reconciliate - odds? not even 20% at the moment as all those who seek change and progress are stifled by the 'we can't talk about that'

Funny how on the one hand we have people here applauding a protest gathering barely an hour or two old being immediately clamped down on, to the point where a lot of people weren't even allowed to leave their own provinces and come to Bangkok, much less actually protest, and on the other hand we have people complaining about draconian laws that stifle free speech.

See my reply to Moruya above.Don't try to tell me you are going to suggest, even allowing for your disappointment at yeaterday's fiasco, that these two groups dont have a very significant degeee of overlap.Hardly surprising since they have the same political agenda and are supported by many of the same people.

My "disappointment?? " :blink:

What on earth is that about?

Saying there is an overlap between pad and ps on some issues, like thaksin is correct, but to extrapolate that out to the democrat mp's that I originally mentioned to ps is incorrect.

Without an association existing between democrat mp's / Abhisit and ps, then the original reply to Juergen stands

Just to make something clear, a bit that is.

In the last election the PAD (aka yellow shirts) advocated a 'no' vote. The Democrats were on a different list. PS = PAD = Dems is therefor incorrect. Now if some said red-shirts = UDD = Pheu Thai that would be much closer to the truth, as it is well known I think that we have a good dozen Pheu Thai party list UDD leader MPs.

Oh btw the election result as reported on the 4th of July 2011 was:

Pheu Thai party: 15,744,190 votes (44.38% of cast, 33.57% of regist.)    265 seats

Democrat party: 11,433,762 votes (32.24% of cast, 24.38% of regist.)    159 seats

Now back to the OP of evil loosers

I wish everyone would be honest and admit they could care less about democracy or the right to protest. These people, including whybother, hellodolly et al., just wanted to see current government overthrown through protest as in years past. That is not democracy. That is mob rules. Then when the mob rules escalated violence and millitary coup did not happen or is stopped by police intervention, you all play this whinney little victim card routine.

Evil won . . . haha, give it rest. It was those whack jobs saying Yinluck needed to be killed. Inciting people to kill the PM is about as bad or evil as it gets. If you condone that, then you are part of the problem and not even close to be a part of the solution.

There is a new sheriff in town. Things are going to be different now. The days of using coups and mob rules to force someone out of office is over. The government apparently had security measures in place to defeat such efforts and perhaps US has assisted in planning. I am sure the government had more in store to meet any further esclation in violence.

You guys need to stop being so devisive. This actually hurts your party more in the long term than helps it. Constantly obcessing on how to make Yingluck's plans fail, make her look bad or how to take her out is just pure insanity and destructive to the country. That should be patently obvious. It is this very attitude both in the streets and seen here on TV that keep the country in turmoil and lead to further political instability. Stop being part of the probelm and become a part of the solution.

Since you mentioned me, I'll call you that you are talking absolute crap. I have never agreed that mob protests are the right way to change the government. I am against a coup. I have never actually supported this rally, except to support their right to have one ... which I also did for the red shirts.

You think that just because PTP are in government that all their opposition is being divisive. The PTP are being divisive by trying to push through their "reconciliation" bill and to try and whitewash Thaksin's crimes.

I find it funny that posters such as yourself that are now so against mob rule, are so vocal in their support for the red shirts, including their leaders in the PTP government.

• Like 1

"Constituency" is exactly the right word.I did not say Democrat MPs were present.I said that many of the groups and people involved with Pitak Siam were also involved with PAD (and Democrat MPs including Abhisit and Korn had very close links with the latter).

In the political sense, a constituency is a geographically denominated area contested in an election by opposing parties. Pitak Siam has never contested an election and the PAD's New Politics group effectively stood against the Dems so your statement holds water like a second hand colander.

Furthermore your attempts to directly connect the Dems to Pitak Siam's rally are so tenuous as to be unworthy of pixels.

Edited by Moruya
  • Like 1

In the last election the PAD (aka yellow shirts) advocated a 'no' vote. The Democrats were on a different list. PS = PAD = Dems is therefor incorrect. Now if some said red-shirts = UDD = Pheu Thai that would be much closer to the truth, as it is well known I think that we have a good dozen Pheu Thai party list UDD leader MPs.

Pheu Thai party: 15,744,190 votes (44.38% of cast, 33.57% of regist.) 265 seats

Democrat party: 11,433,762 votes (32.24% of cast, 24.38% of regist.) 159 seats

That is extremely unclear.

Could you then explain why several Dem MPs, including their deputy leader, attended the yellows' demonstration against the reading of the reconciliation bill outside parliament earlier this year?

Those of you who think this was nothing to do with the Dems obviously didn't watch the show co-hosted by the sniveling Suthep on Blue Sky last night

What an exciting life you lead.

I certainly had better things to do.

Please elaborate on your evening's constructive education.

Pheu Thai party: 15,744,190 votes (44.38% of cast, 33.57% of regist.)    265 seats

Democrat party: 11,433,762 votes (32.24% of cast, 24.38% of regist.)    159 seats

That is extremely unclear.

Could you then explain why several Dem MPs, including their deputy leader, attended the yellows' demonstration against the reading of the reconciliation bill outside parliament earlier this year?

Because their political beliefs on the subject overlapped.

Not really a Mensa question.