Lite Beer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morula said:

What's that got to do with the price of rice?

I think it's because Mandela and dr king would give their support to the struggle of the peasantry against an entrenched feudal elite whereas yesterday's demonstration was all about jealousy

Ask any Thai and they'll tell you so.

Noses out of troughs and we want it now.

Call for the army we want it all.

Pure jealousy, covetous and pure hatred.

500 protestors working in concert at 9 in the morning to break through police barricades.

From the off they were organized

There was no half day stand-off or some such it was first thing "all together lads"

Only their number was 500 confronting thousands of police.

Your boys lost

And will continue to

I'm sure Mandela would not count Thaksin among his Facebook friends. TS' portfolio across the African content along with his shady associates would preclude that.

Wrong.Thaksin visited with Mandela on S.Africa in late 2010.

That makes him a Facebook friend? Thaksin inviting himself over?

Surely you're confusing Mandela with Mugabe.

Pitak Siam folks are nothing but a right-wing, militarist, nationalist group but what do we have on the other side ? The leadership of someone during whose tenure there was a great deal of corruption and human rights abuses.

I am for neither of them.....no, thanks.

I'm sure Mandela would not count Thaksin among his Facebook friends. TS' portfolio across the African content along with his shady associates would preclude that.

Wrong.Thaksin visited with Mandela on S.Africa in late 2010.

"Mandela would not count Thaksin among his Facebook friends" ==> "Wrong.Thaksin visited with Mandela"

A truly remarkable visit as well, almost as good as the "America welcomes Thaksin tour"

"“To our knowledge, no business was discussed during the visit and the meeting lasted no more than 10 minutes. We do not have any further details.”"

http://mg.co.za/arti...call-to-mandela

PS August, 2010 == late 2010 ?

Edited by rubl

So now that the police are masters of the art of containing situations, we will see them deployed in the south protecting the population there and preventing the murder of any more teachers - 160 and counting.

Haha, really? What an asinine statement, unless of course you mean the protesters yesterday were terrorists comparable to those terrorists in the South.

maybe next time, people should protest for general elections if they have a probelm with this government.

no problem with that whatsoever, whether i agree with their reasoning or not.

this group was just a ridiculous joke from the beginning.

The same old bla bla, so what you are saying is: corruption, nepotism etc is OK because they are elected?

same old bla bla bla, so what you are saying is: bla bla bla blablabla bla?

i'll give you a little analogy to think about before the next time you want to tell me what i'm really saying : if i say i disagree with the death penalty, it doesn't mean i'm pro-murdering people.

now can we just both agree that this group was a joke and wish them good riddance?

• Like 1

So now that the police are masters of the art of containing situations, we will see them deployed in the south protecting the population there and preventing the murder of any more teachers - 160 and counting.

Haha, really? What an asinine statement, unless of course you mean the protesters yesterday were terrorists comparable to those terrorists in the South.

That's not what I said in the least.

If the government can pull out the stops to strangle attendance at a national level with myriad roadblocks and intimidate the protesters in Bangkok then why can't it stop the murders in the south?

That's not what I said in the least.

If the government can pull out the stops to strangle attendance at a national level with myriad roadblocks and intimidate the protesters in Bangkok then why can't it stop the murders in the south?

because they're two completely different situations from an operational point of view... my, you do come out with it.

and just as a preemptive for anyone out there, save the "so you think the situation is fine down south and they don't need more help" type response for someone else who's not used to the spinning.

so anyway, tell me which situation do you think would be easier to sort out? what happened on the weekend or the situation in the south?

i mean surely if they could topple the might of pitak siam, those insurgents down south will be child's play now.

OED states that evil is "profound immorality and wickedness, especially when regarded as a supernatural force"

When one examines the attributes of Thaksin, the PTP, the Red Shirts one arrives conclisively that the retired general 4 star is correct:

Profound immoraity? Ticks all the boxes.

Wicked? Tick

Supernatural? Chalerm cannot possibly be the creation of God or nature

With all the talk of lawyers I'm reminded of what Dick the Butcher said in "King Henry the Sixth" by W. Shakespiere. Very similar to what one of the protest leaders (allegedly) said about PM Yingluck.

With all the talk of lawyers I'm reminded of what Dick the Butcher said in "King Henry the Sixth" by W. Shakespiere. Very similar to what one of the protest leaders (allegedly) said about PM Yingluck.

why dost thou quiver, man?

IV,7,2708

Edited by binjalin

why dost thou quiver, man?

IV,7,2708

With our every move tracked and free speech under threat wouldst thou not quiver when even thinking about

"Act IV scene II Blackheath

DICK. The first thing we do, let's ..."whistling.gif

• Like 1

Zatoichi and Yunla

...you guys sure you have used enough adjectives ... I haven't quite got your message ... you don't like Thaksin and Yinluck? right ?

If you'd been here during Mr T's reign, you'd hate him too. A wannabe despot with the bucks to buy anything, anyone.

What makes you guys think ...

a) I like Thaksin

B) I Like anything to do with Thai politics

c) I have not live here in Thailand for yonks

d) I give a rat's asre who is in power here

It just amuses me that most posters here are guests in Thailand irrespective of whether you have been here since pussy was a kitten. Unless you are Thai, are a resident with a Thai passport and voting rights you are a guest here.... it is up to the Thais to walk their own path. Sure you are entitled to your OPINION as much as I am.

Meanwhile, for any body who has half a brain they would see that corruption is entrenched in Thai politics....all colours. As for mass murder let me remind you of Thammasat Uni on 6th October 1976. I don't believe any red shirt thugs were involved in that one.

• Like 1

Zatoichi and Yunla

...you guys sure you have used enough adjectives ... I haven't quite got your message ... you don't like Thaksin and Yinluck? right ?

If you'd been here during Mr T's reign, you'd hate him too. A wannabe despot with the bucks to buy anything, anyone.

a) I like Thaksin

cool.png I Like anything to do with Thai politics

It just amuses me that most posters here are guests in Thailand irrespective of whether you have been here since pussy was a kitten. Unless you are Thai, are a resident with a Thai passport and voting rights you are a guest here.... it is up to the Thais to walk their own path. Sure you are entitled to your OPINION as much as I am.

Meanwhile, for any body who has half a brain they would see that corruption is entrenched in Thai politics....all colours. As for mass murder let me remind you of Thammasat Uni on 6th October 1976. I don't believe any red shirt thugs were involved in that one.

Samak?

Zatoichi and Yunla

a) I like Thaksin

cool.png I Like anything to do with Thai politics

Samak?

Thanks stand corrected ..forgot about the leopard never changing spots !