Did Dhl Also Delivery Directly To The Country Side?

Sandman77

hello !

One question!

I live now on The countrycode in Isaan ,our postoffice is closed Since a half Year!

The man from Thailand Post , only bring The letters , when a Big parcel areived Must go to The Main Post in next City around 15 km away !

To pick up The parcel !

Now a dhl parcel around 30 kg is on The Way from my home in The eu!

Now i Not sure have dhl his Own delivery Service also on The Country side,or will The use The Thailand Post for delivery?

What happen when Iam not at home, and dhl try to deliver the parcel?

Will try to send again, or where I can pickup then the parcel?

Last question About Thailand post, is the service ems world shipping flat up to 20 kg for 1379 bath still avalible?

I read on Linley planet about this,Around half Year ago, But when i Look The postage Rate calculator for Thaipost on google it shows me around 140o bath to europe and each kg around 400 bath more!

Thx for information

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

believe destination phone No: must be on package........

Not that it helped on delivery earlier this year, when my New Passport came, DHL phone to say it had arrived, and gave there address.......

They have a depot 18 km away, but NO it was not that one. and NO they could not deliver. and No this package could not send it to the nearest depot....

So had to drive 112 km round trip, + cost the earth to send... and NOT what I was expecting, they sent an email to say it had arrived, so silly me thought good will arrive tomorrow......... but the next day had a phone call must collect

So guess is pot luck if your package will arrive to your address.

Edited by ignis

Had goods sent via TNT to ChiangRai..quick fast delivery by TNT truck same day it arrived BKK.

Had goods sent via DHL tracking said arived in BKK waited a couple of days rang and they said they sent it EMS and gave me a tracking number. Four days late got it. It walked from Bangkok TNT have heard of aeroplanes.

Last question About Thailand post, is the service ems world shipping flat up to 20 kg for 1379 bath still avalible?

When I've had to send important letters to the UK, EMS has cost me just short of 1000 Baht. That's just for a letter.

If they will actually ship 20 kg for 1379Baht, that would be good to know for sure. Next time I would send a whole lot of other stuff at the same time.

I'm about 3 hours north east of Khon Kaen, which is the closest office to me for TNT/FedEx/DHL.

They have delivered documents from work to my front door multiple times without missing a beat. They get lost sometimes but they do deliver.