Remember To Pack Your Common Sense.

up2you2

Remember to pack your common sense, when coming on a holiday to Thailand.

With the advent of the high season it seems that every man and his dog has rented a motor bike here in Phuket.

You can recognise these tourists way in the distance, as they feel they have the right to flout the Thai law by refusing to wear helmets.

Between embarking and disembarking their outward flight, a strong sense of arrogance seems to have developed for some reason.

Funny enough if they have seen the light to obey the law themselves, for some strange twist of fate more often than not, it does not extend to their beloved take aways from the night before, girlfriends or even wives.

Strange definition of love if you ask me.

Especially when you take into consideration the blood money that they might have to pay out, for the loss of a Thai life riding shotgun with them.

Of course all of this in comparison are the least of their problems in the event they have an accident.

Needless to say they are riding around without any comprehensive insurance, not even third party. So not only will they have to pay for all the damage they do to others, but also their own rented property.

For the fortunate few who have gone to the trouble of taking out health and medical travel insurance, unless they checked the small print, may well find themselves excluded from claiming all the hospital charges, due to the fact they were renting a motor bike.

Finally for those that are in the belief that tattoos leaves them immune to kryptonite, I have news for them.

Even if you are maxed out on factor 99 sunscreens, riding around all day without adequate protective clothing, is a sure way to guaranteeing skin cancer later on in life.

watch your mouth op, i get 10% tougher with every tattoo.

i dont fear the sun, im the reason the sun goes away at night.

cheesy.gif , l am ''special forces'' toooooooo. cheesy.gif

im the the reason countries created special forces, so they had a force to deal with me.

and to give expats a story that can out do any drinking partner, regardless of weather its true or not.

watch your mouth op, i get 10% tougher with every tattoo.

i dont fear the sun, im the reason the sun goes away at night.

cheesy.gif , l am ''special forces'' toooooooo. cheesy.gif

im the the reason countries created special forces, so they had a force to deal with me.

and to give expats a story that can out do any drinking partner, regardless of weather its true or not.

You drink in any weather ?

You more tough me.

In response to OP. I understand what you mean. Every time I read of a tourist hurt or killed on his rented bike and all the TV members are crying for better roads and oozing sympathy for the poor man, I assume it was the drunking tourist riding down Chao Fa road at 100kmh, wearing nothing but a speedo, swerving in and out of traffic and almost running into me on his rented PCX. Hard for me to come up with much sympathy...

• Like 1

hmmm, guess i must be stupid farang number 1, i know a doctor and a philosopher with tattoos.

they are stupid 2 and 3.

we are smart enough not to rent things in thailand

hmmm, guess i must be stupid farang number 1, i know a doctor and a philosopher with tattoos.

they are stupid 2 and 3.

we are smart enough not to rent things in thailand

And morphed into renting out things to farangs , 555.