Can Our Children Be The Pm One Day?

Zatoichi

A interesting question popped into my head just now with all the talk about politics and such. Can our children (By our I mean children whom are Thai citizens but only one parent is Thai) get into politics If so is their a ceiling, be it a true written into law ceiling or a glass ceiling? If they could would you want yours to be in politics?

That's good to know. If she wanted to be, I'd support her 100%. One of the reasons why I scratch the surface a lil about the Local politics is because it's the land my kids will grow up in, and I want it to be as decent as it can for them. Sure there's not much you can do other than positioning yourself to best take advantage of the changes. But that doesn't mean you can't care what happens.

Cool, ok so how about those of us that have babies or toddlers right now, get together and form up our party now. We can have our first meeting at Gymboree and divvy up the loot, err I mean constituencies :D

LoL What do we call it "Luk-khun Rak Thai"? LKRT Party? Hmmm dose have a certain ring...

• Like 1

Unless there is a change in the current political direction here in Thailand, look for future Thailand PM being members of one family and one family only. Singapore would be a good example of a role model for things to come.

a black man with a muslim name, with semi communist views was voted in for a second term in the usa.

so YES WE CAN.

by the way i myself have no problem with blacks or muslims,

You think your President is black?

He looks a sort of pinkish to pale brownish colour to me.

You think he's semi communist?

Can you read? Or perhaps I should say DO you read?

I ask because if you compare your president to the norms of various types of political leaning he could not in any way be called vaguely communist.

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 2

a black man with a muslim name, with semi communist views was voted in for a second term in the usa.

so YES WE CAN.

I ask because if you compare your president to the norms of various types of political leaning he could not in any way be called vaguely communist.

whats with the attitude.

can you read, I never said he was my president, I am Australian.

And dont tell me he is not black thats foolish, can you see, share the wealth sounds communist like to me.

so YES WE CAN.

whats with the attitude.

And dont tell me he is not black thats foolish, can you see, share the wealth sounds communist like to me.

Doesn't it go along the lines of, I'm a communist, I have nothing and I would like to share it with you. ?smile.png

• Like 1

A good baby step would be making sure they get their inheritance first. (that means you or your spouse don't blow it all before you die)

smile.png

There is, as you know, a huge difference between European/Thai and Chinese/Thai like yourself.

But to come onto a forum which has 99% foreign members and suggest/criticize that foreigners like to blow all their money, or in fact don't have any, is rather inappropriate, IMHO.

Edited by Neeranam

A good baby step would be making sure they get their inheritance first. (that means you or your spouse don't blow it all before you die)

smile.png

I'm not worried about blowing it, I'm more worried about spending $20K+ a year for like 16 years on a decent school LoL! I bet by the time my toddler goes to high school, decent ones will seriously be in the 800K Baht and up range. The first step should be a party sponsored international school. So 20+ of us families oughta get together and start up a international school for our kids.

Actually, that's not a half bad idea. Consider this for example;

1) 1 million Baht each kid - What you would pay for just 2.5 years of education at a decent international school.

2) 20 kids, that's 20 million baht, more than enough for start up, teachers, lease (possibly purchase), build out, equipment, and advertising.

3) Lets say lease was 300,000 a month. 10 teachers at 60K, 1 super intendent at 100K, 10 support staff (local) between 10-15K ... I bet monthly your looking at a bill of around 1.1-1.2Mil with bills and other items. You could save allot of money by buying the property or with less staff to start.

4) So you figure a yearly bill of around 9-14mil depending on weather you lease or own and you would just need 30 other students paying just 300K a year to break even.

Lots of other variables sure, but I bet there's some feasibility there :D

Politics and bureaucracy are the professions of the future, well paid, well holidayed, well rested, well embezelled, indexed salaries, retirement benefits. As the serfs in private industry struggle the government sector just surges ahead, meet the overlords.

so YES WE CAN.

whats with the attitude.

What's with the attitude?

I've spent four years hearing Fox News types going on an on about Obama being Black and dragging out his Muslim second name completely unnecessarily and appealing to the worst in people. When you made the ridiculous suggestion he was semi communist I put the record straight as it should be put.

Why?

Because these Fox News types believe this crap because it gets repeated and repeated......so someone needs to put the record straight again and again as necessary.

ps: Have you ever heard or read that Obama advocates common ownership of the means of production in the USA or anything "semi" like that?

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

so YES WE CAN.

whats with the attitude.

gawd - I'm ashamed to be Australian with economically illiterate views such as that coming from my fellow countrymen.

smile.png

I'm not worried about blowing it, I'm more worried about spending $20K+ a year for like 16 years on a decent school LoL! I bet by the time my toddler goes to high school, decent ones will seriously be in the 800K Baht and up range. The first step should be a party sponsored international school. So 20+ of us families oughta get together and start up a international school for our kids.

Actually, that's not a half bad idea. Consider this for example;

1) 1 million Baht each kid - What you would pay for just 2.5 years of education at a decent international school.

2) 20 kids, that's 20 million baht, more than enough for start up, teachers, lease (possibly purchase), build out, equipment, and advertising.

3) Lets say lease was 300,000 a month. 10 teachers at 60K, 1 super intendent at 100K, 10 support staff (local) between 10-15K ... I bet monthly your looking at a bill of around 1.1-1.2Mil with bills and other items. You could save allot of money by buying the property or with less staff to start.

4) So you figure a yearly bill of around 9-14mil depending on weather you lease or own and you would just need 30 other students paying just 300K a year to break even.

Lots of other variables sure, but I bet there's some feasibility there biggrin.png

You'd need a big iron to straighten out the creases in this plan, I would need more detailed information before i could reach a decision on my investment in our childrens future and potential plan for Thai political supremacy. Edited by Chittychangchang

im sorry guys, obama is doing an amazing job, the us economy is booming now, share the wealth.

you make more money, so i will take from you and give to someone who has less, even though he is lazy i will take from you and give to him.

those who have and are getting their hard earned dollars taken begin to tire of working and having the money taken,causing them to work less.

he wants everyone the same and you know it, that is communism and you know it.

dont even start on obama care, who's goona pay for it all, I got an idea, just keep printing money until it becames totally worthless.

ever looked at chicago,more corrupt then Bangkok politics.

correct me if im wrom but wasnt he a member of the junior communist party, sure their views rubbed off a little.

im sorry guys, obama is doing an amazing job, the us economy is booming now, share the wealth.

you make more money, so i will take from you and give to someone who has less, even though he is lazy i will take from you and give to him.

those who have and are getting their hard earned dollars taken begin to tire of working and having the money taken,causing them to work less.

dont even start on obama care, who's goona pay for it all, I got an idea, just keep printing money until it becames totally worthless.

correct me if im wrom but wasnt he a member of the junior communist party, sure their views rubbed off a little.

I think you're wrom.

• Like 1

don't forget - he was born in Kenya too.

And they faked the moon landings.

• Like 1