Yingluck Touts Her Achievements

webfact

Definition of tout from the Urban dictionary.

Tout:

a lookout who looks out for people coming when someone is doing something they shouldn't like stealing or having a sly tab; if they see someone coming they shout tout! then everyone acts as if nothing was happening. Keeping tout is an art which must be perfected. The slightest lack of concentration could result in your mates getting nicked.

rite lets have a tab; jimmy keep tout

*teacher comes*

TOUT!

*everyone acts as normal*

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well markets don't work the "Thai way". If you are a customer in Africa, will you chose the Thai rice at double the price, or the Vietnamese or Indian rice at normal market price? This is not a trick question. Why do you think this system works? Of course it only works if you are laundering money.

• Like 1

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but given the fact that the average Thai person lives by the day, any political party with a long term vision is doomed to failure.

PTP has no long term vision. They have a vision which only purpose is to get reelected, 4 years, which they hope to sit out. If not, they simply want to make sure that at least the cost of getting elected are back in their pockets, which should be right around now given the massive schemes they've put in place.

(Average 'earn-back time' for a politician's campaign to get elected is estimated at about 18 months but I think this time it's far shorter due to Flood-money, Rice-money.)

Whatever long-term vision DP has/had, it was doomed since PTP outclassed them with short-term money-handouts.

Unsustainable? Who cares as long as the polls are ok and Politicians have their pockets filled.

Precisely, calling PTP a party is only accurate if preceded by the word "raiding".

• Like 1

But in case the government could not clear up the doubts, the image of her leadership would be affected

The image of her leadership has been quite clear since being described as a clone by a previous DNA-sharing PM.

Meanwhile she retains the confidence of the electorate and her government is functioning. Considering the previous disarray associated with the Abhisit regime and the military junta's performance, she's doing a decent job. If she went to the polls today, she'd come back with an increased majority.

" her government is functioning" - yes, they are certainly scamming millions, avoiding accountablilty, working like beavers to get the real leader back, and changing the constitution to make themselves even more imune. I have many Thai friends from lots of different backgrounds and social stratas. Not one has any confidence in this government, even though some voted for them, believing the pre-election rhetoric. Their reaction to the Pitak Siam protest is a good indication of their own confidence level.

You must have interesting criteria for "doing a decent job".

The exact opposite is true in my hypothetical.

Fair enough, but don't confuse fantasy with reality. The polling is in the PTP's favour. If the Democrats had a real leader and a party with a vision and direction, the PTP would be toast.

You of course realize you are in Thailand the hub of what do you want to believe we will get a poll proving it.

Who sponsored the Poll and paid for it. What are there political leanings?

I once took a course in Criminology. Part of it was the biographies of famous criminologists through the centuries.

He said you didn't have to read the story if you knew the authors beliefs. You would then know the story,

Personally, I prefer Yingluck to any of the alternatives in PTP. She is learning - no doubt. She now is able to lie quite comfortably (rice scam & flooding), tell half truths and ignore embarrassing questions. She hasn't yet risen to her brother's 'height' of misinformation but probably reached the Tony Blair level.

Censure debates are a doddle for governments in Thailand - usually. The real test will come when the Thaksin amnesty bill & the constitutional changes are up for debate.

• Like 2

isn't that the accepted Thai way, we have less tourists so we put up the price for rooms. Sell less for more money.

Also what is wrong with putting prices up, prices go up, that's inflation. What is wrong in making money? What is wrong with a PM saying she wants to see more money coming into the country. I would be happy to sell you one item for 100 baht rather than 2 items for 100 baht.

Also so what if she has traveled a lot, promoting Thailand overseas is a good thing to do. No doubt if she traveled nowhere you would be up in arms about that also.

Selling your items for double the price is fine if you are the only seller, otherwise you end up with a lot of surplus. Oh wait, it's already happening!

And I think its amazing that Yingluk has increased her parliamentary attendance by 400% in the last week. I can guarantee you that very few world leaders have ever done that.

as i say, that's they Thai way, bump the price up until people go elsewhere, not saying its right but I am sure they are aware of this.

As for her parliament attendance, not sure if there is a law or regulation that requires a certain amount of attendance or not but again I am sure she is aware of this. Also while she is not at parliament I am sure she is working and not just having free time, i could understand the concern then about her parliament attendance but as she is using the time well then no real need to complain I would have thought. But then again I guess this depends on which side of the fence one sits on.

You don't know if there is a law on the number of times she has to attend. Fair enough.

But you say what she is not there "I am sure she is working and not just having free time" In other words you don't know what she is doing when not in Parliament. Perhaps you might want to look at some of the things she is doing like Photo Ops trips around the world. Missing cabinet meetings not trying to bring the nation together until after she gets her brother white washed, Even allowing him to call in to a cabinet meeting deserves a good censure.

Do you really think you are on one side of the fence. You give no reasons for it. Reading your post I get the idea you don't think there is a fence.

Edited by hellodolly

isn't that the accepted Thai way, we have less tourists so we put up the price for rooms. Sell less for more money.

Also what is wrong with putting prices up, prices go up, that's inflation. What is wrong in making money? What is wrong with a PM saying she wants to see more money coming into the country. I would be happy to sell you one item for 100 baht rather than 2 items for 100 baht.

Also so what if she has traveled a lot, promoting Thailand overseas is a good thing to do. No doubt if she traveled nowhere you would be up in arms about that also.

Selling your items for double the price is fine if you are the only seller, otherwise you end up with a lot of surplus. Oh wait, it's already happening!

And I think its amazing that Yingluk has increased her parliamentary attendance by 400% in the last week. I can guarantee you that very few world leaders have ever done that.

as i say, that's they Thai way, bump the price up until people go elsewhere, not saying its right but I am sure they are aware of this.

As for her parliament attendance, not sure if there is a law or regulation that requires a certain amount of attendance or not but again I am sure she is aware of this. Also while she is not at parliament I am sure she is working and not just having free time, i could understand the concern then about her parliament attendance but as she is using the time well then no real need to complain I would have thought. But then again I guess this depends on which side of the fence one sits on.

Are you sure that she's using her time well ?

Do you live with her ?

If so, I am sorry for you my friend.

She sure knows how to travel and does like to shop a lot thats for sure ...

Well, one day, when you are as successful in business as she has been you too will have the money to purchase consumer items. If you are trying to claim that the PM used her foreign visits as shopping junkets, you are mistaken. Her time was taken up with official events and meetings. She had little time off on those visits that buttressed the flow of investments into Thailand, the promotion of tourism and the sale of Thai products.

You know very well she was never successful in business she has a make shift position in a family firm that was eliminated the minute she left it to apply all she had learned from it to being Prime Minister.

Tourists where are they. Even though there is more tourists coming they are mostly Asian. Not a result of her efforts.

They are a result of a over all poor world wide economy. The Asians that come to Thailand used to be able to afford to go to North America or Europe. Now they come to Thailand as it is cheaper. I would like to hear if the over all amount of money brought in by tourists is more than what it was before The North Americans and Europeans slowed down and were replaced by Asians.

I'll tell you where they are.

Laos, Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam for starters.

Bangkok is a great place to change planes.

Maybe even spend a day or two......

Carra said

"Maybe they want a rice mountain like the EU butter mountain".

If only it was chocolate and peanut butter.

we could all accept a chocolate mountain and a beer lake with a jack daniels waterfallwink.png

Maybe this can be the Dems new policy, don't offer tablets for kids, offer what I suggest for the adults and then they will be too drunk to notice what a fist they are making of things again tongue.png

Somewhat off topic (sorry), but I'm puzzling a bit over the Jack Daniels waterfall in combination with the beer lake. Maybe I need a glass with two fingers of an Islay malt, a spot of water and a little bit of ice to be able to better contemplate the concepttongue.png

Why add ice when you can add rice ?

After all we do have plenty of it..................

You don't know if there is a law on the number of times she has to attend. Fair enough.

But you say what she is not there "I am sure she is working and not just having free time" In other words you don't know what she is doing when not in Parliament. Perhaps you might want to look at some of the things she is doing like Photo Ops trips around the world. Missing cabinet meetings not trying to bring the nation together until after she gets her brother white washed, Even allowing him to call in to a cabinet meeting deserves a good censure.

Do you really think you are on one side of the fence. You give no reasons for it. Reading your post I get the idea you don't think there is a fence.

I guess I could play your game, do you know they are just photo ops or is she there meeting other nations leaders and having meaningful dialogue, I am sure the British pm for example would not have time for pointless meetings with democratically elected leaders of other countries.

Saying she is not trying to bring the nation together is simply your opinion, my opinion is she is doing a good job and will win re election, if not based on her work based on the lack of a viable alternative.

As for a fence, there is one, I can see it, I guess you are too far away from it to see it.

• Like 1

Yingluck, meanwhile, took the chance to promote what she had done as prime minister, including solving flood problems, and visiting 23 foreign countries to promote investment and confidence in Thailand, as well as its role in the global community.

Does that mean that in the future there will not be any flooding in Bangkok? As for 23 holidays ....................yeah I am sure confidence was/is high that's why last week several countries issued 'travel warnings'!

A total joke maybe her intentions are good, but not a chance of any positive changes in the LoS in the immediate future.

'the accepted Thai way' seems a good justification. 'sell 1 instead of 2 for same price' makes you happy.

Well the THB 120 billion in rice export value (this year I assume) is not really in the same order as the THB 195 billion in 2011

http://www.thairicee...istic_2011.html

As for the travelling, recent trip to the UK had members of her entourage struggling to explain things to UK rice importers

http://www.thaivisa....shun-thai-rice/

Listen, thailand does not have the monopoly on rice, people are free to go elsewhere, and if people have decided to go elsewhere then it is right to make as much money as you can from what you have, or should the government try and undercut their competitors? What would that solve, the same work load for less money.

Just because Thailand has no monopoly on rice it seems a bit strange to setup a scheme which induces Thai rice farmers to produce more rather than better (aka quantity before quality) in order to sell less abroad for a higher price (but a lesser total). That also leave 14m tons in stock and the local population has to eat it's way through it paying more along the way.

BTW 'same workload' in work per hour maybe, but a higher produce in volume without farming improvements can only mean more workhours. wink.png

They would have been better to pay people not to grow. The whole thing should have been done on a strict quota.

or, reduce the volume in the middle if the country of less desirable varieties. Now they have the worst of both worlds.

Huge stock, fixed prices and an unmanaged volume.

Touts her achievements harkens back to her roster of urgent goals, after being placed in office

Urgent Policies to be Implemented in the First Year

1 Foster reconciliation and harmony among people in the nation

2 Prevention of and define solutions to drug problems

3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector

4 Promote integrated water management

5 Expeditiously return peace and security to people’s life and property in the Southern Border Provinces

6 Expeditiously restore relations and develop cooperation with neighboring countries and other foreign countries

7 Alleviate difficulties of people and entrepreneurs as a result of inflationary pressure and high oil prices

there's more @

http://www.thailandtoday.org/node/509

tout away

yeah, except for the south, she's done that.

According to polls, most people are happy with the rice-pledging scheme, she said. Regarding Thailand's competitiveness, a report from January to October showed Thailand ranked third in world exports, after Vietnam and India. But looking at average prices, Thai rice was sold at US$679 per tonne, compared with US$445 for Vietnam. The rice export value was US$3.897 billion (Bt120 billion).

"As a Thai, I prefer seeing the [big] sum of money to the [volume in] tonnes," she said.

We sell much less but at higher prices. The rice export value is stated without reference to previous years. Also the government spent THB 359 billion from 410 till today and expects THB 240 - 260 billion in return by 2013? What about the TWO TIMES 400 billion in price pledging? One time in fiscal 2012, one time in fiscal 2013?

BTW one achievement seems missing. The most well traveled PM Thailand ever had :-)

As head of the government, it is one of her biggest tasks to "sell Thailand".

Of course she gets reamed for doing it here. But I'll guess that she could care less. The kindergarteners can't do more than make jokes about "shopping".

But in case the government could not clear up the doubts, the image of her leadership would be affected

The image of her leadership has been quite clear since being described as a clone by a previous DNA-sharing PM.

Meanwhile she retains the confidence of the electorate and her government is functioning. Considering the previous disarray associated with the Abhisit regime and the military junta's performance, she's doing a decent job. If she went to the polls today, she'd come back with an increased majority.

68%

was abhisit ever that popular?

• Like 1

A decent job fooling the people while her brother and his buddies rape the country.

you got some examples or proof?

• Like 1

Yinluck's achievements, … well let me just summarize what has been happening until now:

1. Implementing a wage hike policy that will cause hyper inflation and the closure of many SME's for the next years to come and result in huge unemployment for millions of Thai workers and new graduates, who are gonna be cheated by employers who are already make "illegal plans to hire Myanmar people and other cheap laborers from Southeast Asia.

2. A tablet policy for 1st grader that will increase the children's attention deficit disorder, and distance themselves from realities of life and kill their attitudes of being active and become Fat, lazy, complacent and obese beyond their means

3. So called Mega Projects for flood prevention that never happened in the first place because the Ao called budget has been redirected into one scheme, THE SCHEME… THE RICE SCHEME that terrorizes the economy locally and internationally. But instead the "those so called flood Mega projects" are just a face saving tactic in order to delude the public from the real objectives "TO SH*****LOAD ON THE AFFECTED PROVINCES IN ORDER TO PROTECT BANGKOK <- this has been the true flood prevention Mega project all year long; and those future dams that Yingluck's goons are pushing through serve the same purpose…

4. Talking about the rice scheme, where is the next storage for the outdated rice???? Suvarnabumi airport????

5. Dear Yingluck, we still don't have any 3G because those telecommunication and broadband service departments and regulators after almost 2 decades, still haven't made up their mind about who are getting the licenses after all because there are so many finalization processes on which they can't make up theirs minds, which will take another 10 years to accomplish, because those telecom bidders and telecom regulation authorities are fighting for every last penny over the table, which will take another 10 years, until a FINAL-FINAL-FINAL-BUT-NOT-REALLY-FINAL-FINALIZATION PROCESS, is going to be released, only to be delayed for another 10 years…

6. Last but not least, dear Yingluck, there are so many high status politicians and personalities getting away with criminal charges and murder, like the Red Bull SON-OF-A-B*********, the senator who "accidentally shot his secretary, because he didn't know how to handle a gun"; and btw, some of your people have been physically fighting in your parliament, and it was all recorded on YouTube

7. Finally, dear Yingluck, the TOURISM AUTHORITY OF THAILAND is turning a blindeye on scams, poisenous scandals and other criminal activities which has taken the lives of many innocent tourists, whereas the affected family never see any justice, compensation or fair trial, but instead intends to protect the criminals and rip off the poor, tourist victims.

Bottom line with Ms. Yingluck's achievements are: When the country was in their deepest crisis periods, she travelled abroad for so called "Diplomatic Foreign relationships" with the only intention to put on a PRETTY FACE on an international basis, and never mind her English, that nobody actually understands or make sense to the amusements of her International counterparts…

• Like 2

68%

1. Unfortunately popularity and competance are not necessarily related.

2. Abhisit was in disarray because of the constant bullying and unrest funded by her brother.

3. Did you respond to yesterday's thread named:

Give Us Answers, Abhisit Tells Yingluck (Started by webfact, Yesterday, 05:56) ???

This sheds light on her true competence as a PM. Whether or not she works 7 days a week is irrelevant, it's her effectiveness that's in question, and indeed her motives for being PM. This thread is directly related to why she feels the need to 'tout her achievements' as she knows she's been exposed as an incompetent corrupt politician.

I would love to hear your feedback on this thread as I feel you don't have a leg to stand on. Please prove me wrong. Thaksin supporters seem to have 'skipped' the thread altogether, selective hearing maybe, a common ailment amongst T supporters. Quite amusing and yet very sad that deep down you know the truth.

Edited by looping

Of course she gets reamed for doing it here. But I'll guess that she could care less. The kindergarteners can't do more than make jokes about "shopping".

As head of the government, she is an MP voted by her peers to be PM. Her primary task is to attend parliament. The only MP that I know of with a lower attendance rate died during the election - at least he had a valid excuse.

Edited by OzMick

Yinluck's achievements, … well let me just summarize what has been happening until now:

1. Implementing a wage hike policy that will cause hyper inflation and the closure of many SME's for the next years to come and result in huge unemployment for millions of Thai workers and new graduates, who are gonna be cheated by employers who are already make "illegal plans to hire Myanmar people and other cheap laborers from Southeast Asia.

2. A tablet policy for 1st grader that will increase the children's attention deficit disorder, and distance themselves from realities of life and kill their attitudes of being active and become Fat, lazy, complacent and obese beyond their means

3. So called Mega Projects for flood prevention that never happened in the first place because the Ao called budget has been redirected into one scheme, THE SCHEME… THE RICE SCHEME that terrorizes the economy locally and internationally. But instead the "those so called flood Mega projects" are just a face saving tactic in order to delude the public from the real objectives "TO SH*****LOAD ON THE AFFECTED PROVINCES IN ORDER TO PROTECT BANGKOK <- this has been the true flood prevention Mega project all year long; and those future dams that Yingluck's goons are pushing through serve the same purpose…

4. Talking about the rice scheme, where is the next storage for the outdated rice???? Suvarnabumi airport????

5. Dear Yingluck, we still don't have any 3G because those telecommunication and broadband service departments and regulators after almost 2 decades, still haven't made up their mind about who are getting the licenses after all because there are so many finalization processes on which they can't make up theirs minds, which will take another 10 years to accomplish, because those telecom bidders and telecom regulation authorities are fighting for every last penny over the table, which will take another 10 years, until a FINAL-FINAL-FINAL-BUT-NOT-REALLY-FINAL-FINALIZATION PROCESS, is going to be released, only to be delayed for another 10 years…

6. Last but not least, dear Yingluck, there are so many high status politicians and personalities getting away with criminal charges and murder, like the Red Bull SON-OF-A-B*********, the senator who "accidentally shot his secretary, because he didn't know how to handle a gun"; and btw, some of your people have been physically fighting in your parliament, and it was all recorded on YouTube

7. Finally, dear Yingluck, the TOURISM AUTHORITY OF THAILAND is turning a blindeye on scams, poisenous scandals and other criminal activities which has taken the lives of many innocent tourists, whereas the affected family never see any justice, compensation or fair trial, but instead intends to protect the criminals and rip off the poor, tourist victims.

Bottom line with Ms. Yingluck's achievements are: When the country was in their deepest crisis periods, she travelled abroad for so called "Diplomatic Foreign relationships" with the only intention to put on a PRETTY FACE on an international basis, and never mind her English, that nobody actually understands or make sense to the amusements of her International counterparts…

1. Implementing a wage hike policy that will cause hyper inflation and the closure of many SME's for the next years to come

I got this far and realized that you had no idea what you were talking about.

Excellent post, man.

• Like 1

As head of the government, she is an MP voted by her peers to be PM. Her primary task is to attend parliament. The only MP that I know of with a lower attendance rate died during the election - at least he had a valid excuse.

Her primary task is to attend parliament.

shows how much you understand, good thing you don't have the job, then the country would really go down the ...

68%

2. Abhisit was in disarray because of the constant bullying and unrest funded by her brother.

Give Us Answers, Abhisit Tells Yingluck (Started by webfact, Yesterday, 05:56) ???

This sheds light on her true competence as a PM. Whether or not she works 7 days a week is irrelevant, it's her effectiveness that's in question, and indeed her motives for being PM. This thread is directly related to why she feels the need to 'tout her achievements' as she knows she's been exposed as an incompetent corrupt politician.

I would love to hear your feedback on this thread as I feel you don't have a leg to stand on. Please prove me wrong. Thaksin supporters seem to have 'skipped' the thread altogether, selective hearing maybe, a common ailment amongst T supporters. Quite amusing and yet very sad that deep down you know the truth.

actually it is 90% of the posters here who don't have a leg to stand on.

they've been sleeping in their dream world for 1 1/2 years.

reminds me of the republicans on BS mountain back home.

Her primary task is to attend parliament.

shows how much you understand, good thing you don't have the job, then the country would really go down the ...

Yingluk was appointed a party list MP (hint - it means Member of Parliament) before being elected PM. Other PMs manage to attend regularly, if not every session, and still manage the other tasks of the position.

And yes, it shows how much you and she understands, and why the country is heading down the drain.

A little research shows Stephen harper PM of Canada was present for 54% of votes over a 133 month period. (http://www.theglobea.../article579736/)

Indian MPs manage a 75% attendance record http://www.prsindia....ament-2006-416/

"Tony Blair's disregard for the institution of Parliament in particular was no better exhibited than by his derisory record in attending votes in the House of Commons - he was regularly written up as having the worst voting record of any Prime Minister in modern history..........................His record for that period was therefore 5.6%." http://conservativeh...is-labour-.html

Sorry Tony, you have been soundly beaten.

Edited by OzMick

68%

actually it is 90% of the posters here who don't have a leg to stand on.

they've been sleeping in their dream world for 1 1/2 years.

reminds me of the republicans on BS mountain back home.

Where's the IMHO, dear HugoVI? Mind you, you might have organised a poll which substanciates the figures you quote. I try not to look at polls, I might have missed yours. I was still sleeping in my own dream world, you know. Keeps me young, helps me ignore unfriendly issues I'd rather ignore and so on.

BTW republicans? Are we still talking about the OP, PM Yingluck ?