How Many Times A Day Do You Eat Noodles?

hotandhumid

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my TV response:

Anyone who pays 40 baht for noodles is crazy. 20 Baht buys me all the noodles I can eat in a week outside my 300,000 baht mansion in my village...

My answer? About once a week I make noodles, and then slather them with spaghetti sauce.

Sometimes I have noodles 4-5 days a week then realise I'm eating them an awful lot then eat rice, then I think I'm eating too much rice so have noodles for a change and the circle of life is continued......

• Like 1

Here's my TV response:

Anyone who pays 40 baht for noodles is crazy. 20 Baht buys me all the noodles I can eat in a week outside my 300,000 baht mansion in my village...

My answer? About once a week I make noodles, and then slather them with spaghetti sauce.

We could have done without the "TV response", thanks impulse - already far too many cliches around.... thumbsup.gif

The wife and I get our lunch from a food stall almost every day. Some days it's noodles, others it's rice. We travel from our rental house to the site where our new house is being built, and we stop at various food stalls and get take-away for lunch. Most of the time it is very good. I try to get something different each time. I have only been here a short time, so I am enjoying all the different dishes.

Back in the early 70's when I was still in the AF, I bought a morning bowl of noodles for 5 baht and most nights an evening bowl.

I'd like to eat 3 bowls a day......but have to have my fix with a bowl of Vietnamese style noodles, with a heaping bowl of mint, basil, freshly grilled green peppers, a few sprigs of thorny coriander, along with Vietnamese coriander, the soup brewed since the early morning hours with lots of big bones, a wad of bai doey, and who knows what other exotic ingredients.......rumors had it that the Vietnamese cooks in Nakhon Phanom put a bit of marijuana in their soup to spice up the flavor.

A big bowl of soup and a glass of lemon tea......50 Baht. Anything cheaper in Udon and you're getting substandard soup.......it might be okay when there's nothing else available, but it can't compare to the real thing.

The char kway teow stand across the road from my apartment is legendary. The fella and his wife are getting on a bit; he's not as spry as he was twenty five years ago... He might need to call it a day soon. Already he doesn't open Sundays or evenings, so i don't go as often as I'd like.

SC