We Want To Fly This Sunday But Have No Visa Yet!

The requirement for entry to Thailand on a 30 day 'visa exempt' stamp is that you can show an onward ticket within the 30 day period... THey don't check in Thailand, only the check in counter for the airline, because if they let you fly to Thailand and you are refused entry, the airline has to pay a big fine...

This is what I would suggest -

* Arrive at the airport early, try to check in without mentioning anything... you might get boarded without any problem... see if you can bluff them by saying you have a ticket but haven't printed it, or that you will be going to Laos by road on a certain date...

* If they won't give you a boarding pass, go to an internet cafe (or use your laptop/smartphone) and buy a ticket online out of Thailand, within 30 days...

* I've had to do this before, just represented to the checkin counter and been boarded without problem... just arrive nice and early so it isn't too stressful...

Consider buying a flexible ticket to a country you wish to travel to, or just the cheapest ticket that will allow changes (for a fee) and then after you arrive change the dates to a time you do want to go there...

You will need to cross a border out of Thailand (probably to Laos) and can apply for a multiple entry tourist visa at that time...

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but you can overstay your 30 days stamp... At the airport when leaving, the fine is (I think) 200baht/day up to a maximum that comes into play after about 3 months I think... the problem is, if for any reason you get caught outside of an immigration exit point, you can find yourself in a world of trouble...

OK.....This is great also!! Sorry if Im being so thorough....... So if I purchase my tickets to Thailand for Sunday 2nd .....and also purchase the Air Asia tickets ONE WAY to Cambodia, departing on the 31st of December for 77.....You think the airline (Emirates) will accept this? If we dont decide to fly on December the 31st, can we then still nip over to Laos after our 30 days, get a multi entry Visa, and come back into Thailand?? Where do we get the visa for Cambodia & Laos??

But do you really want to be flying on New Year's Eve?

If you fly out on Sun 2nd, you arrive in BKK on the 3rd, so you can fly out the evening on the first without a problem and then catch the count down in BKK which will likely have a better show than in Cambodia or Laos

As to the visa question, it depends a bit on your plans... If you are planning for 90 days back in Thailand after leaving, then only single entry tourist visa needed so can go to either Laos or Cambodia but if you are planning on staying between 90-180 days, then better to go to Laos as have seen reports from some that they are issuing double entry tourist visa but Cambodia isn't

Edited by CWMcMurray

if you present a ticket with a return date in Oktober 2013 you will have no problem what so ever.

I just flew from FRA to BKK with a year ticket, return flight November2013.

Lufthansa, no problem during check in.

And no problem at BKK airport

Did you have a visa?

if you present a ticket with a return date in Oktober 2013 you will have no problem what so ever.

I just flew from FRA to BKK with a year ticket, return flight November2013.

Lufthansa, no problem during check in.

And no problem at BKK airport

Did you have a visa?

My question exactly!

This is the start of high travel season so would not expect fares to be lower with time so if ready to leave I would do so - the ticket can be used for your travels and return to Thailand with a valid visa for new stay of 60 days plus ability to extend another 30 days from any nearby Thai Consulate and you can do again later if you do not decide to spend some extended time in other countries. Both Malaysia and Singapore are easy 90 day access without fees (although Singapore can be a bit expensive if not careful).

This is the start of high travel season so would not expect fares to be lower with time so if ready to leave I would do so - the ticket can be used for your travels and return to Thailand with a valid visa for new stay of 60 days plus ability to extend another 30 days from any nearby Thai Consulate and you can do again later if you do not decide to spend some extended time in other countries. Both Malaysia and Singapore are easy 90 day access without fees (although Singapore can be a bit expensive if not careful).

Thankyou to you and everyone elses input. ;)

Thankyou to you and everyone elses input. wink.png

End of day - get to Thailand by trying to bluff your way onto the flight, or buying a ticket online at the airport if you must, then once in Thailand you have 30 days to research how to get a visa that will allow you to do what you want to do...

Obviously not the best way to end up with 12 months travel opportunity, but what a great opportunity anyway...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Usually flight prices increase on Dec 4th. However I have just looked at westeasttravel.com and both Thai and EVA seem to have some good offers. And you could try their 'cheap' phone number, which they have deleted from BT.com by the way ... it was 0208 741 8988.

Edited by JAS21

Just got my passport back for a tourist visa from Hull consulate, very quick, took 5 days from start to finish by post and thats including the weekend, so hats off to them for a quick turnaround time during a busy period. ticket information is not asked for, I believe you could send off and get your visa without first getting a ticket if you had to. Tip:- If possible book on xmas/boxing/new years day-all are much cheaper than 24th december and before, pick your day carefully (I appreciate that you want to go earlier depends on your flexibility of course). I had a quick check for you and theres still some for £602 with China airways from London using skyscanners.net on the 25th btw.

Hi. I think if you really need the visa quick smart your best bet is to actually go to Hull where they will process it on the spot. I applied for my visa 3 weeks ago and it arrived yesterday. I chased them a few times and when I finally got through I was told that it takes time because they are busy etc. Point being, I think your taking a chance postal wise. Good luck anyway

Its all turned out FANTASTIC!!! We phoned Hull this morning and they told us to get the applications in the post TODAY, Special Delivery! They told us to include a RETURN Special Delivery envelope back to us, which we did....Total cost £12!. They said as soon as they get it tomorrow, they will process it, and send it straight back tomorrow!! So we should get it back Friday and at the latest on Saturday! Just to cover ourselves, We have booked our flights for TUESDAY!!......With Emirates.......and guess what!!??!!?.........It was CHEAPER than flying on Sunday!!! The prices changed AGAIN....and we were even able to book our seats online! Stop in Dubai for 2hr 40m on the way.....and returning in October NEXT YEAR another stop in Dubai for 2hr 15m!!.........£1094 ALL IN for both of us!! Meals, Taxes , Everything!! Chuffed to bits!! Thankyou for all your advice....especially jimmybkk.....for the correct format visa application!!! Bon Voyage!!!!

Edited by lopburi3
correct font
  • Like 1

Its all turned out FANTASTIC!!! We phoned Hull this morning and they told us to get the applications in the post TODAY, Special Delivery! They told us to include a RETURN Special Delivery envelope back to us, which we did....Total cost £12!. They said as soon as they get it tomorrow, they will process it, and send it straight back tomorrow!! So we should get it back Friday and at the latest on Saturday! Just to cover ourselves, We have booked our flights for TUESDAY!!......With Emirates.......and guess what!!??!!?.........It was CHEAPER than flying on Sunday!!! The prices changed AGAIN....and we were even able to book our seats online! Stop in Dubai for 2hr 40m on the way.....and returning in October NEXT YEAR another stop in Dubai for 2hr 15m!!.........£1094 ALL IN for both of us!! Meals, Taxes , Everything!! Chuffed to bits!! Thankyou for all your advice....especially jimmybkk.....for the correct format visa application!!! Bon Voyage!!!!

Pat on the back for TV and its members I think.

• Like 1

this is a very heart throbbing thread which really reminds me of my previous experience when i screwed the visa application up.glad everything works out fine for you, might be alittle early but welcome to thailand =) enjoy the trip!

• Like 1

Passports arrived with Visa stamps this morning!!biggrin.png Posted Wednesday, here Friday!!! What a GREAT service at Hull!!clap2.gif Panic over!thumbsup.gif Transport to the airport sorted. Gatwick Hotel booked for Monday night with dinner & Breakfast!....and only £25 for the 2 of us in a family room!! smile.png (extra for the food)........ THANKYOU SO MUCH for all your help on here! So glad I registered!wink.png ..........Right now time to minamise the 2 Tonne that I have to fit in my Berghaus rucksack!!cheesy.gif

• Like 1