What Do Gay People Really Want?

isanbirder

Ah, no thanks. The first time I went to the Castro (San Francisco), I thought if I had to live here, I'd turn straight. I also understand that there was a project for a gay city in Thailand (in Nakorn Nayok province?) which didn't take off.

As Boy George said when I experienced him live at a Gay Mardi Gras party in Sydney sometime in the 1990s: "Remember, be nice to heterosexuals: It takes two of them to make one of us."

I had quite a good time down the Castro giggle.gif

Let's not forget that Boy George said that he preferred a 'nice cup of tea' to sex. Given the choice between a cup of PG Tips and a shag with Josh Hartnett I'm afraid it's Josh every time laugh.png

I don't agree with everything Boy George said, he is not a guru but Iiked what the said then. I agree with you about the tea and Josh Harnett. :)

They had a survey of pensioners in the UK a couple of years ago asking them what their greatest regret was. The number one answer was 'not enough sex'.I suspect that's true whether you're gay or straight s the answer to the OP is 'more shags'. tongue.png

They had a survey of pensioners in the UK a couple of years ago asking them what their greatest regret was. The number one answer was 'not enough sex'.I suspect that's true whether you're gay or straight s the answer to the OP is 'more shags'. tongue.png

That would have been my answer too, if I had been asked. Of course, the really sad part is that when we were in our teens in the UK, everything was so bloody depressing if you were gay that we missed out on so much happiness. Sad really, that I've had more fun and found more affection after hitting 40 than I ever did as a teen.

• Like 1

Going back to the OP, as you probably guessed I'm with IB on this. For me, the best thing about living in my Thai village is that nobody cares a toss what your sexuality is, you all just fit in and get along with each other. I have no desire to retreat into the closet, nor do I wish to ram my sexuality down anybody elses throat - Jeez, I hope that doesn't get misinterpreted by some of you horndogs!wink.png

• Like 2

Going back to the OP, as you probably guessed I'm with IB on this. For me, the best thing about living in my Thai village is that nobody cares a toss what your sexuality is, you all just fit in and get along with each other. I have no desire to retreat into the closet, nor do I wish to ram my sexuality down anybody elses throat - Jeez, I hope that doesn't get misinterpreted by some of you horndogs!wink.png

I live in a village too, Catmac. There, nobody cares, and my partners' parents are very supportive. I didn't really come out until I met my first real partner (19 years until he died of cancer). He was so obvious that I thought, What the hell! Since then, the people round me have left me alone, and I've left them alone; no pressure either way. Yes, we want equal rights, but most of all we, or at least I, want to live my life at peace with my friends and neighbours.

• Like 1