Vietnam Visa Fees To Increase By Up To 80 Per Cent

SeaVisionBurma

Fees for all visas into Vietnam will be increased by up to 80 per cent starting January 1, according to the government web portal.

Increases will be applied to both tourist and business travellers, and both single- and multiple-entry visas.

The price of a single-entry visa will go up from US$25 to US$45, while multiple-entry ones valid for one or three months will be increased from US$50 to US$65. The web portal states that the new prices of long-stay multiple entry visas will be US$95 for six months and US$135 for more than six months.

No visa is required for travel of less than 30 days for citizens of Thailand, The Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos. Visa exemptions also apply to travel under 15 days by nationals of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies, meanwhile, do not need a visa to enter Vietnam for travel of less than 60 days.

"Definitely, this will affect leisure travel to Vietnam because the further increase to the visa fees will make them expensive compared with other short-haul destinations around Hong Kong," says Spencer Lau, Marketing and Sales Manager at Vietnam Airlines in Hong Kong.

He added that he doesn't expect the fee increment to have the same affect on business travel, however, which has been steadily increasing over the part two to three years, as the manufacturing industry has been shifting away from China and into Vietnam due to the lower land and labour costs available there.

Alex Andersson

From Business Traveller Asia

Anybody know if the new 45 US fee for short tourist visa include most European , US and Canada.

In the past country like Canada and Germany pay more than US or England for example.

Edited by cnx355

Anybody know if the new 45 US fee for short tourist visa include most European , US and Canada.

Presently country like Canada and Germany pay more than US or England for example.

Here is the website for the Vietnam Government Portal - might be able to find something there.

I find it unusual to hear they would charge more depending on which country you're from - the visa fees just state charges for "foreigners". No mention about different charges depending on country that I can see.

Presently country like Canada and Germany pay more than US or England for example.

Here is the website for the Vietnam Government Portal- might be able to find something there.

I find it unusual to hear they would charge more depending on which country you're from - the visa fees just state charges for "foreigners". No mention about different charges depending on country that I can see.

Thanks, my last trip for Vietnam was about 8 years ago and I may be wrong but I remember paying 79 CAD but this included the ExpressPost fee. Maybe now we pay the same as the others.

. I know for sure visa for Laos for Canadian are the most expensive at 42 USD.

wink.png I applied for a single entry tourist visa on 29 November 2012,

This was at the Vietnamese consulate in Bangkok,

I am due to pick up the visa on 4 December.

The cost was 1800 Baht and I paid cash in Baht,

The normal service is 3 to 4 days....you can get next day service by paying a extra fee.....I didn't want that,

I am not leaving until 21 December so I saw no need for the quicker service.

You will need to leave your passport at the consulate, They give you a receipt for your passport.

I believe that includes the so-called stamping fee.

I tried getting an on-line visa but my Master Card (debit card) from a U.S. bank was disallowed....so I webt to the consulate in person.

If you get the visa on-line you will be charged a $25 dollar stamping fee on arrival in Vietnam,

whistling.gif

Thanks, my last trip for Vietnam was about 8 years ago and I may be wrong but I remember paying 79 CAD but this included the ExpressPost fee. Maybe now we pay the same as the others.

. I know for sure visa for Laos for Canadian are the most expensive at 42 USD.

Actually you're probably right - I was just thinking about visa fees paid directly on arrival. I'm sure they must charge different fees in different countries - my apologies smile.png

I think that rate hike already happened. I just paid 2300 baht for a single entry at the beginning of November.

But it said a single entry would go from us$ 25 to $45.( B767 & B1381)

You paid B2300( us$75).

The maths does not add up.

coffee1.gif

That's because he has paid the express fee not the standard sevice fees.

whistling.gif If you use the "on-line visa process" for a Vietnamese visa the initial fees will SEEM to be lower,

That's because if you submit an on-line application all you are applying for is an initial letter of approval which you can then show on arrival in Vietnam.

This Is not the entire visa fee,

When you arrive in Vietnam they will charge you a so-called "stamping fee" equivalent to $25 dollars (U.S.).

You must pay this "stamping fee" on arrival to get the real visa placed into your passport.

Don't be fooled by their claim of an on-line Vietnam visa being cheaper....then are not including that "stamping fee" in the cost of that on-line visa.

it's not really a scam, but they merely forget to mention that "stamping fee" when you apply for that so-called on-line visa.

whistling.gif