Kasikorn No Longer Accepting U.s Citizen Investments

I'm in the process of setting up some thai bank accounts and am gathering information from various banks in the pattaya area. Kasikorn will open checking, savings, fixed,, credit card, and securities trading accounts for me as an American citizen but said no to mutual fund investments. A couples doors down, the Siam commercial bank said no problems for any account, including mutual fund purchases. Go figure?

OK let me ask you this...various banks have said no problem, but have you actually gone through the process...ie opened any of these accounts ?....typically what happens in the Thailand some minnon in the bank says no problem until you actually try to do it and then a problem does appear typically.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the process of setting up some thai bank accounts and am gathering information from various banks in the pattaya area. Kasikorn will open checking, savings, fixed,, credit card, and securities trading accounts for me as an American citizen but said no to mutual fund investments. A couples doors down, the Siam commercial bank said no problems for any account, including mutual fund purchases. Go figure?

OK let me ask you this...various banks have said no problem, but have you actually gone through the process...ie opened any of these accounts ?....typically what happens in the Thailand some minnon in the bank says no problem until you actually try to do it and then a problem does appear typically.

Will update my post as I go along. Savings accounts are no problem as I have opened many of these in the past and did open up a new one yesterday at SCB.

I had no problem funding my Kasi investment account ..... my guess is it's a branch by branch thing not a Kasicorn thing and the whole paranoia is running a little wild ..... some places are slower than others to get up to speed but eventually they will.

Chill out and come back later and all will be well.

If you can't find a bank anyplace in the world to take your money your not looking hard enough ! LOL

I had no problem funding my Kasi investment account ..... my guess is it's a branch by branch thing not a Kasicorn thing and the whole paranoia is running a little wild ..... some places are slower than others to get up to speed but eventually they will.

Chill out and come back later and all will be well.

If you can't find a bank anyplace in the world to take your money your not looking hard enough ! LOL

For those of us living in Thailand, though, a bank in Thailand is most convienent.

No problems with the SCB savings account...will see about the credit card in a week or so.