The British Playboy Living In Thailand Who's Made A Fortune Out Of Cold Calling

Boater

Whats the point?

Point being if you are operating a business in thailand targeting uk clients which is deemed illegal in uk , they can still prosecute you

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

IF they can get you back to the UK that is!

Thailand, unlike what the supranationalists may dream about, is not likely to arrest someone for a 'civil' offence in the UK.

There is still such a thing as sovereign territority out here thankfully :)

Maybe a health warning should be issued here. This article is from The Daily Mail in the UK, which is famous for two things. Making up story's, and for their unswerving support for Hitler and the Nazi Party during the 1930s - 1940s.

Are you for real? I've read that rag plenty of times to see it's actually pro-Jew and rabidly anti-German!

The Daily Express on the other hand is a different story ;)

I see the hang-'em-high brigade are out in force on this one!

The guy sends out some spam email's and somehow makes a shedload of cash doing it.Plus he's young and gets hot chicks,minimum life sentence but preferably execution?

There really are some sad,old,bitter twisted losers on here!

Words fail me!

It's not really about the spam. It's about those two girls, being young, and being able to afford them. smile.png

Edited by NeverSure

bloody hell its a long time since i had one of them on my knee never mind two,i wonder did he buy one and get one free.

yep , thats the special offer on beach road .

ps. i hate wealthy young farangs , they should be old and wealthy .

those were the days .

coffee1.gif

keep off the beach the sand gets everywhere.bah.gif

You cant blame the guy. He is probably smarter then most on here, made a fortune in his youth and enjoys his life.

But oh no! Hang em high course his rent is twice as much as your peasant pension!

A slap on the wrist and a job in a proper IT company is what the kid needs. Not a jail sentence to throw his talents away. But anyway, let your hate rain down on me...

Edited by PomRakBKK
  • Like 1

You cant blame the guy. He is probably smarter then most on here, made a fortune in his youth and enjoys his life.

I can certainly blame him. He made a dishonest fortune by spamming other people. There is no possible excuse and he should be punished.

Nonsense. I find spam as annoying as the next guy but the guy doesn't deserve a prison sentence.

The civil courts will have a hard time getting a bean off the guy while he's here.

It's not like he's actually stealing people's money like the boiler room jokers lashing it up in true Playboy style in Bangkok's more upmarket nightspots.

• Like 1

I can certainly blame him. He made a dishonest fortune by spamming other people. There is no possible excuse and he should be punished.

Nonsense. I find spam as annoying as the next guy but the guy doesn't deserve a prison sentence.

The civil courts will have a hard time getting a bean off the guy while he's here.

It's not like he's actually stealing people's money like the boiler room jokers lashing it up in true Playboy style in Bangkok's more upmarket nightspots.

I agree but sadly have no clue what upmarket night spots you are talking about. Are you referring to gentlemen clubs like the pent and such?

Do we actually know that it wasnt a premium-rate SMS scam as well as "just" free spam? Plenty of both around.

To me spam is much more annoying than boiler-room scammers or, say, jet-ski rip-offs as you actually have to choose to buy from both of them and if you dont buy from them in the first place (as I dont) they will never bother you or rip you off.

No one chooses to get spammed; you just have it thrust on you, like it or not, and as such the penalty should be very severe.

Maybe a health warning should be issued here. This article is from The Daily Mail in the UK, which is famous for two things. Making up story's, and for their unswerving support for Hitler and the Nazi Party during the 1930s - 1940s.

Are you for real? I've read that rag plenty of times to see it's actually pro-Jew and rabidly anti-German!

The Daily Express on the other hand is a different story wink.png

Yes i am for real. And yes The Daily Mail was an ardent supporter of the Nazi party in the 30s and 40s. Quite easy to check.

Why begrudge this guy making a crooked buck, where do you think most of the old money fortunes came from (actually read most were through crooked means)? Difference is once you get away with it you can buy eternal protection from investigating those inconvenient truths. And hence how much of the public sector unusual wealth was derived, aside from the usual scams.

What a harden white collar criminal he is! whistling.gif

Do we actually know that it wasnt a premium-rate SMS scam as well as "just" free spam? Plenty of both around.

To me spam is much more annoying than boiler-room scammers or, say, jet-ski rip-offs as you actually have to choose to buy from both of them and if you dont buy from them in the first place (as I dont) they will never bother you or rip you off.

No one chooses to get spammed; you just have it thrust on you, like it or not, and as such the penalty should be very severe.

No we don't know if premium-rate SMSs were involved so why don't we do something really original and stick to the facts, eh?

As far as spam being more annoying than boiler rooms and the like, if we're to go by your "logic", shouldn't the courts should go after billboard and social media advertisers seeing as they, too, thrust their wares upon us like it or not?

Frankly, you're really starting to come over as a bit of an idiot.

No we don't know if premium-rate SMSs were involved so why don't we do something really original and stick to the facts, eh?

By all means. The facts are that he gained money by committing an annoying offence and I think that merits punishment.

As far as spam being more annoying than boiler rooms and the like, if we're to go by your "logic", shouldn't the courts should go after billboard and social media advertisers seeing as they, too, thrust their wares upon us like it or not?

The last I heard billboards aren't illegal so no reason to search for prosecution there. Flyposting is illegal and it is prosecuted, and rightly so. And my point was that personally I dont care much about boiler-rooms or jet-skis as I would never have anything to do with either. By all means let them be prosecuted if they are illegal, but they have no direct impact on my life either way. I do care much more about having illegal things thrust upon me, such as spam.

Frankly, you're really starting to come over as a bit of an idiot.

Frankly, I don't give a dam_n.

Do you think you should be punished for sleeping with prostitutes in Thailand,like all the other hypocrites on here?

Do you think you should be punished for sleeping with prostitutes in Thailand,like all the other hypocrites on here?

No. For the following reasons:

1) It's not a crime.

2) No one suffers by it.

3) I am not a hypocrite.

4) I don't do it anyway.

Do you think that you and others should be punished for having a perverted moral sense that sees evil where there is none but fails to see it where it is?

• Like 1

No. For the following reasons:

1) It's not a crime.

2) No one suffers by it.

3) I am not a hypocrite.

4) I don't do it anyway.

Do you think that you and others should be punished for having a perverted moral sense that sees evil where there is none but fails to see it where it is?

The other day I received an unasked for message from Happy Korea, never heard from.

Wher do I sue them? To jail they will go, hang them high. Any pictures from Happy Korea with lady's on their lap?