Fireworks 2012 + Unfortunate Situation.

seefah

In short, good fireworks but a bit disappointing and not as good as last year for a few reasons.

Not disappointing because of the fireworks, the fireworks were good, but for the lack of wind to take the smoke away. So disappointing for both photographers and spectators. That of course is out of anyone's hands to control.

I had hoped to get good shots like last year; http://www.thaivisa....7/#entry4919272 but wasn't easy this year round as seen in the photos attached from yesterday.

A rather mute point really, but last year had a speaker system running all along the beach so everyone could hear the music and what was said regardless of where they were on the beach, this year it was limited to Klang area only.

Really the unfortunate part of the evening had to be the pervert with a big zoom lens sitting in front of us taking photos of all the little kids playing in the low tide beach area in their pants or some wearing nothing, while everyone else were watching the fireworks. Early on I though something was odd when everyone is looking left to watch the fireworks and he's looking right to photo what he's there for. He even turned around and took a photo of my kid playing next to us in the sand. I had to ask him to delete it, where he claimed he tried to, but deleted all photos, but actually he still had the photos and I made sure the photo of my kid was deleted. Even had the cheek to challenge me that it was okay as my little kid seen him take the photo, then ask if it was actually my kid. He already knew, just making excuses.

Perhaps tonight will be better for fireworks.

post-105888-0-27081600-1354326779_thumb.

post-105888-0-75616600-1354326782_thumb.

post-105888-0-03258700-1354326790_thumb.

Edited by seefah

Sorry to complain but the show was lame..agree about weather but a 10-15 minute show and then an hour wait for the next one...<deleted>! I was watching from a balcony at the Markland and left after second "show."

Also, why can't the authorities flip the kill switch on the arc lights along beach road, the Pattaya city sign, and the sign at the start of walking street. Making the area as dark as possible would greatly increase the effect of the fireworks. At least they chose a nite of a new moon.

The 1 hour wait between the shows was disappointing for me but the best part was the look on my S.O's face. She had never seen fireworks like these before in real life and her beaming smile and the look in her eyes made it worth the waiting around.

Hard to find a good seat for many people but we managed it in the Beer Garden shortly before hordes of people started milling around looking for a table but they all came in far too late.

Traffic was horrendous on our route - Soi Khao Talo, Sukhumvit, Pattaya Thai, soi 14 Walking Street. Cars were backed up everywhere along the route and even the m/c taxis were having trouble getting through the heavy traffic.

The 1 hour wait between the shows was disappointing for me but the best part was the look on my S.O's face. She had never seen fireworks like these before in real life and her beaming smile and the look in her eyes made it worth the waiting around.

Hard to find a good seat for many people but we managed it in the Beer Garden shortly before hordes of people started milling around looking for a table but they all came in far too late.

Traffic was horrendous on our route - Soi Khao Talo, Sukhumvit, Pattaya Thai, soi 14 Walking Street. Cars were backed up everywhere along the route and even the m/c taxis were having trouble getting through the heavy traffic.

The best way to enjoy the fireworks is to bring a towel or two down to the beach in front of the Soi 7 and 8 area. You can sleep between sessions if you're getting bored.

It's an entertainment event. They have bands playing between the fireworks displays. Surely you wouldn't expect them to blow off all the fireworks in 30 minutes and let's all go home? These fireworks cost a fortune - it makes sense to spread them throughout the evening.

• Like 1

^ Burn his body - just to make sure?

No dragging and quartering of the corpse? No disembowelment? No head on a stake?

Why start off by killing? Torture first.

Edited by tropo

The best way to enjoy the fireworks is to bring a towel or two down to the beach in front of the Soi 7 and 8 area. You can sleep between sessions if you're getting bored.

It's an entertainment event. They have bands playing between the fireworks displays. Surely you wouldn't expect them to blow off all the fireworks in 30 minutes and let's all go home? These fireworks cost a fortune - it makes sense to spread them throughout the evening.

I was happy enough in the Beer Garden and had a great view, good food, beer and music too. But 1 hour between each display did seem a long time.

I was happy enough in the Beer Garden and had a great view, good food, beer and music too. But 1 hour between each display did seem a long time.

You would have been very happy with tonight's event then. There was one display which lasted over 30 minutes, and that was it. Unfortunately the smoke spoiled it a bit.

Same as last year, preferred the second night's show.

On the second night the flood lights that lit up the beach were switched off for the duration of the show, which made for a better effect. Something they didn't do on the first day where we sat.

Here's 2 more shots from the second night's show. Again almost no wind, but the fireworks display seemed to be more visible this time, so maybe there was just a slight breeze, not sure really.

post-105888-0-32042500-1354397144_thumb.

post-105888-0-72237400-1354397146_thumb.

Edited by seefah

Very disappointing. just could not find an time table of events, last night went for a meal first, then waited for over an hour and half on the beach by soi 12 until 11:30, saw nothing.

First night was better, went on the over priced Oriental Princess, and yes the smoke was very obvious.

Basil, it would appear that you were having your meal when the fireworks were being displayed. According to the time stamp on my camera, first fireworks were set off at about 21:05 and last fireworks at 21:45. This excellent post with complete timetable here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/601585-what-time-fireworks-start/#entry5891567 was almost correct, indicating 21:15 as the start.

I'm a little confused, was the Oriental Princess not in Pattaya Bay somewhere at the time?