Central Traffic Fiasco

stevehaigh

surely they have engineered some sort of sewerage and drainage system, same as most tunnels around the world...

I realise a lot of locals do stop and pee in the drains, but AFAIK there are no real toilets to be installed , so why would they engineer any sort of sewerage system in this tunnel underpass road?

As for drainage? for sure..as i posted info above...smile.png

The whole project still equates to the piss up in a brewery scenario. Central car park does not seem to have any problem with water when it rains so hopefully the underpass people will learn from that.

• Like 1

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely they have engineered some sort of sewerage and drainage system, same as most tunnels around the world...

I realise a lot of locals do stop and pee in the drains, but AFAIK there are no real toilets to be installed , so why would they engineer any sort of sewerage system in this tunnel underpass road?

Drainage pipe, sewer pipe,Water mains maybe even gas and electrical lines could be installed under the new road i would think...

Lots of people pooing at Central and ajoining shopping areas....

When ya flush it goes through the main sewerage pipe to rhe treatment plant then dumped in the sea...right .???

Drainage pipe, sewer pipe,Water mains maybe even gas and electrical lines could be installed under the new road i would think...

Lots of people pooing at Central and ajoining shopping areas....

When ya flush it goes through the main sewerage pipe to rhe treatment plant then dumped in the sea...right .???

Don't you think that all these pipes already exist?..as they do.smile.png

They've started digging the next underpass now near the main Phuket Tesco. They had one lane blocked on southbound Bypass road, so down to one lane. But some how I made it from Rawai (near the beach) to past the Tesco junction up to the U turn and back down Bypass in 30 minutes as I got a message at 4:30 PM today that my printer scanner was ready to pick up. The woman at the shop said "that was fast!" It took a bit longer on the way back though... It's going to be a mess when the new one is under full construction!

• 3 weeks later...

East west was a bit of a shambles the other day as you have to go around an island to turn right. Cars blocking the Y junction by the stadium so no one can turn right or cross over from the street behind the stadium. Excavating on the bypass side but not much on the other side.

East west was a bit of a shambles the other day as you have to go around an island to turn right. Cars blocking the Y junction by the stadium so no one can turn right or cross over from the street behind the stadium. Excavating on the bypass side but not much on the other side.

Just pray that we not get a natural disaster on the top of already chaotic traffic.

Got stuck there yesterday. One of the biggest problems is that to avoid a four minute wait, drivers are are running red lights for an even longer time than usual, not caring if they block traffic from another exit or not.

Four sets of green lights yesterday to get from approximately the exit of Central to the right turn. No police on duty at the time, but as they never bother to book anyone for going through red lights it probably wouldn't have made any difference anyway.

A turn to avoid for the foreseeable future.

Edited by madmitch

<snip>

"In the morning, the traffic is usually jammed heading south, so we will open two lanes of the underpass for the southbound traffic, and one for northbound traffic," said Itthiwat Kritsanawanich, an engineer from the Bureau of Bridge Construction, Department of Highways.

"In the evening, the traffic is usually busy heading north, so we will open two lanes for the northbound traffic, and one for the southbound."

"This will be a permanent arrangement, and there will be traffic lights to indicate when traffic can go, and which side people need to drive on."

<snip>

I wonder when the first head-on smash will occur?

<snip>

"In the morning, the traffic is usually jammed heading south, so we will open two lanes of the underpass for the southbound traffic, and one for northbound traffic," said Itthiwat Kritsanawanich, an engineer from the Bureau of Bridge Construction, Department of Highways.

"In the evening, the traffic is usually busy heading north, so we will open two lanes for the northbound traffic, and one for the southbound."

"This will be a permanent arrangement, and there will be traffic lights to indicate when traffic can go, and which side people need to drive on."

<snip>

I wonder when the first head-on smash will occur?

Its only a matter of time..its near guarenteed to happen...there are lights controlling it , but we all know how much notice is taken of them generally..

The worst thing is that when the inevitable does happen., as i posted earlier;

..If there is an accident in this underpass i figure all traffic will come to a long stop both directions..access for EMS will be difficult/impossible once the traffic has built up on both sides of the accident as there is no other access [When the underpass is complete, there will be no exits. Once motorists are on the underpass, they will have to wait until the exit before they can make a turn.]