Poster Of The Year Nominations

smokie36

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poster: Me.

Reason: literary genius, unmatchable sense of humour and huge modesty.

Ive just commented on your last post, maybe if you calm down and get psychological help by 2015 you maybe able to get a nomination, people like you are what makes reading these forums a waste of time.

Nominating Samui forum Big C opinions and wishes, has to be read to be beleaved. Come on Samuians get behind Big C.

is there a limit on campaigning budget.

Maybe 7by7 as well, anybody who has to wade through all that whinging whining waiting period for settlement visa's deserves a medal the size of a dustbin lid, especially the UK setttlement times section.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 2

tutsi is humbled by the nomination by the worthy...however, I am now on holiday and back on the booze and emboldened:

thaivisa is a jungle right outta the Wizard of Oz...

a benign jungle with benign inhabitants...with fake turbaned wizards, tin men and lethal appearing foemen/women but benign, nonetheless...

Benign in that it's an informative forum, occasional posts that motivate me to research subjects that previously I had no knowledge and sometimes funny responses. Getting to the point there also some members who post poisonous bigoted comments. Smokie36 has responded to bigoted posts in a calm and rational manner. For this reason my vote will now go to Smokie36; aside from his history of posts & content.

* sigh *

History and irony

Hand in hand

But Smokie is also very good smile.png

ps he was already nominated ...hehe

Edited by chonabot

TINFOILHAT - funny guy , "stress reliever" in a serious post, and pretty smart too.

I like they way you try to describe someone who can open someone' s mind. If you can look at a problem differently, so to say from another point of view, the problem does not seem to be too difficult anymore. Guess you mean this by 'stress reliever' and it definitely has to be put in the criteria on poster of the year.

Cheers

Edited by Dancealot

Sounds like everyone is getting their coats. Where we off to? Is there a party?

They put on their coats but changed their minds about leaving and subsequently decided to have another drink because it is merry in here..laugh.png

Edited by Dancealot

They put on their coats but changed their minds about leaving and subsequently decided to have another drink because it is merry in here..laugh.png

Inebriation is no bar to voting....nor is being out of town.....rest assured Jingthing i will be around to ensure fair play.

Or what i consider to be fair or at least to drink the bribes as they roll in. tongue.png

You are at an advantage this year anyway...what with all that experience you gained last year.

Nice early shot across the bows that was....clap2.gif

Inebriation is no bar to voting....

If inebriation was a bar to anything on Thaivisa there'd only be two of you left...

Inebriation is no bar to voting....

If inebriation was a bar to anything on Thaivisa there'd only be two of you left...

There'd certainly be no one who was right!

• Like 1

And.....for the Local Forums Poster of the Year nominations are:

MORCH

JimCollister

David48

IMHO

pigeonjake

Jayman

electau

dave2

Mccw

WilliaminBKK

yermanee (added by me!)

anguid

7by7

Still time to add a few more of your favourite quality local forum posters.

Nominations close midday Bangkok time on Tuesday. wink.png

You missed HelloDolly..........I proposed him at the same time as I proposed Dave2. annoyed.gif

Issan Aussie is a great poster on the farming forum, has a great knowledge of all crops and machinery,

• Like 1

And gloves. Coats and gloves.

I can't believe you chaps never brought any gloves...

SC

I always take mine off before jumping onto TV

These gloves are cracking (as in tops! not as in dried and aging) leather gloves. Much easier to type with than the woolen mittens with the string over the shoulders that I used to have.

SC

And gloves. Coats and gloves.

I can't believe you chaps never brought any gloves...

SC

I always take mine off before jumping onto TV

These gloves are cracking (as in tops! not as in dried and aging) leather gloves. Much easier to type with than the woolen mittens with the string over the shoulders that I used to have.

SC

Yes but in those days your mum didn't have to put your initials on every post.

• Like 2

If you go by taxi you don' t need gloves, if you bring 'em you should have them attached to your coat sleeves.

Like kids do so you never leave them on the bar when going home.

My wife used to hate that whenever I would leave them in the pub on the way home.

Eventually I had to just leave them at home if I was going out drinking.

SC

Edit: There's nothing worse than having to trail round the pubs asking "Did I make it this far last night? Did I leave a couple of kids on the bar?"

Edited by StreetCowboy

If you go by taxi you don' t need gloves, if you bring 'em you should have them attached to your coat sleeves.

Like kids do so you never leave them on the bar when going home.

My wife used to hate that whenever I would leave them in the pub on the way home.

Eventually I had to just leave them at home if I was going out drinking.

I suppose that's as good a reason as any for keeping your hands in your pockets ;)smile.png

• Like 1