Poster Of The Year Nominations

smokie36

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, since you can't seem to take a friendly reminder,

the next one to post off topic bickering gets one day to ponder who is who and who isn't who

Next one to do so gets two days

And so on and so forth

The poster I wil vote for has a nomination already , it's not a secret ballot so . . although I have lived by fud , all my life " Don't vote it only encourages them "

hail hail

Glen Rosa , you must ben there , carry all that gear up the hill , i was pure dodger of the days work , , hail yhose cavemen

I miss Tutsiwarrior

Edited by onionluke

Anyway I think Jingthing should get the award as this will probably be the last year he is a member. You can only be curiously well behaved for so long. rolleyes.gif

Is that like a pity vote? coffee1.gif (He asks ever so politely ...)

sure there is, but mine wont be going to you.

saai.gifsaai.gifsleepy.gifsleepy.gifsleepy.gif

...............and yet you wonder why nobody nominated you coffee1.gif

ps I just noticed that Modem stopped posting when I started, maybe he's me too rolleyes.gif

You want to say that the 5 posts above mine had anything to do with the OP ?

Surely you're not shocked at the thread going off topic are you? blink.png

It's TV.....it's what we do. smile.png

I vote for the jbrain, modem, the blether and tinfoilhat, they'll only be two in the room, but you never know, in that room there will be either silence or they will knock each other out, either way the result will be better for the rest of us.

I will actually vote for Samran,

• Like 2

I reckon that the answer to the sub forum conundrum is that each forum should run it's own member of the year contest. It would be too much for Smokie to manage so it's up to the membership in each forum to sort it out among themselves.

That should result in some excellent bun fights and keep the trolls busy for a while. coffee1.gif

to the membership in each forum to sort it out among themselves.

I have found a flaw in your proposal, in my favourite sub-forum, the Eastern Sub, we only have a few posts per week, someone who posts once a week will be the only contender and will also have to vote for himself. Sounds like an agenda set by Kim Jong-un tongue.png

• Like 2

I have found a flaw in your proposal, in my favourite sub-forum, the Eastern Sub, we only have a few posts per week, someone who posts once a week will be the only contender and will also have to vote for himself. Sounds like an agenda set by Kim Jong-un tongue.png

We have an Eastern sub forum? blink.png What happens in there then???

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Your wish is my command sir.......

biggrin.png

Ok, topic has been cleaned up, and this is the last warning to stay on topic. Those who wish to drag it off topic again by making it into their own personal talk show can go elsewhere.

No more posts about banned members, or moderation. You'll get a week off minimum.

There are some great contributors here, and you have an opportunity to point them out here. Don't ruin it please.

• Like 1

re the sub forums......I nominate hellodolly, CM forum.....I find him to be consistently excellent and even in his advice......and dave2, for those of you that don't know him, dave2 has a photo for every situation, he must have the most eclectic photo album in Thailand. Quite superb.

I nominate Naam; his battles vs mccw and midas on the gold and financial crisis threads are great reading. Mccw, although I disagree with him on some things, is another poster who brings a lot to the forum (at least the business forum).

Jingthing also deserves a tip of the hat imo...

its a tough call. i can't really remember names except avatar so i had to look back, fo alittle while.

i think i would nominate chiangmaikelly. i don't know, i never really interact or argued with him before but his posts are entertaining and some actually do make some senses. i had seen other members who disagreed with his opinions, its like watching a baseball game. you pitch a ball towards him, he is gonna bat it, hard. sometime its hilarious

The other nomination has me perplexed as well....maybe you could translate for me?

The other one was an imaginary poster: the collective forum member who represents everyone of us who altogether make this forum what it is...

Sorry if that was lost on you and others. Glad it got you thinking, who it could be. biggrin.png

I agree. I nominate "The Unknown Poster". This could represent those fallen by the wayside...

or have they?whistling.gif

Bit deep and metaphorical for you lot innit?

Hmm, it's more allegorical rather than metaphorical. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Once someone is "nominated" once that's all that is needed. Voting comes later, dudes.

Relax mate...your nomination is in. Oh and I see you made a nomination from the news forum, do you want that entry in the local forums vote?

Not talking about me, mate. Talking about people posting the SAME names so many times; some people obviously think posting names here is voting, so I think that probably it is good to be made clear more than once that there will be a poll of the nominated names (or more). Edited by Jingthing

Once someone is "nominated" once that's all that is needed. Voting comes later, dudes.

Relax mate...your nomination is in. Oh and I see you made a nomination from the news forum, do you want that entry in the local forums vote?

Not talking about me, mate. Talking about people posting the SAME names so many times; some people obviously think posting names here is voting, so I think that probably it is good to be made clear more than once that there will be a poll of the nominated names (or more).

Good point JT. thumbsup.gif

Nominations only here.....voting comes later. Everyone understand?

Yep I think they have got it....biggrin.png

• Like 1

Ability to stay positive despite repeated baitings: Smokie36

Could that be because he just doesn't get it ? biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I hadn't often pondered what that j stood for, but I understand now. wink.png

Sorry this goes over my head, please help me out.What does the J stands for biggrin.png