Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Poster Of The Year Nominations

smokie36

Jingthing and Theblether are among my favourite posters, but i would give my vote to Street Cowboy, for his distinguished writing style..Very funny.... ( when i understand what he says )

By distinguished do you mean how he signs all his posts?...

SC

He has an alternative signature ... two knees

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the OP set the criteria for the nominations ...

For example, are the Mod's and/or Honorary members edible for nomination?

Does the nominated person have to be currently posting? Maybe a member is currently under suspension awaiting acknowledgment of the warning ... thinking necronx99 ... whistling.gif

... or similar ... tongue.png

• Like 1

Does the nominated person have to be currently posting? Maybe a member is currently under suspension awaiting acknowledgment of the warning ... thinking necronx99 ... whistling.gif

No mods for nomination.....however they can vote. No banned members for obvious reasons.....that covers it I think! biggrin.png

Edit: I'm not sure how many mods are edible David....some of them tend to have a nasty bite themselves! laugh.png

Edited by smokie36

Criteria:

Funnyness

Cynicalness

Emphaticness

Originality

Insightfullity

Respectfullity

Edited by Dancealot

Hard to pick one out - but as a group the Fox news surrogates on the Obama election threads for their unstinting efforts to argue the impossible, illogical and their adherence to a level of denialism rarely seen in other posters.

So yeah, maybe CMK.

You do realize Christianity didn't really take off till they started throwing people to the lions.

and here I was thinking it was cable TV...

Criteria:

Funnyness

Cynicalness

Emphaticness

Originality

Insightfullity

Respectfullity

....and novel & inventive use of english language ?????wai.gif You get my vote, Dancealot! wink.png

• Like 1

Criteria:

Funniness

Cynicalness

Emphaticness

Originality

Insightfullity

Respectability

Shit, I'm out then. laugh.png

And yes, no mods, as us mere mortals have nooooooooo big stick. smile.png

Edited by transam

Maybe we should disqualify those who are 'awaiting acknowledgement', to encourage them to bite the bullet and climb back into the playpen with the rest of us.... passifier.gif TV would be richer for their return.

• Like 1

Maybe we should disqualify those who are 'awaiting acknowledgement', to encourage them to bite the bullet and climb back into the playpen with the rest of us.... passifier.gif TV would be richer for their return.

Funny. But that would not be ethical. Still very funny.

Criteria:

Funnyness

Cynicalness

Emphaticness

Originality

Insightfullity

Respectfullity

Well that just dramatically reduced the potential candidates considerably ... laugh.png

+1

Did someone turn the heat up a notch ... whistling.gif

Jingthing and Theblether are among my favourite posters, but i would give my vote to Street Cowboy, for his distinguished writing style..Very funny.... ( when i understand what he says )

By distinguished do you mean how he signs all his posts?...

SC

I think it helps the gentle reader know when I've made my point, and if he's that bothered, he can go back and try to figure out what it was

SC

• Like 1

I nominate Geriatrickid. I don't always agree with him, but quite knowledgeable and some very informative posts.

Also he posts on a wide range of subjects.

Agree with all of that.

How many can we nominate?

I'd also put forth Trembly. Smart, funny, even-tempered, balanced and an unparalleled ability to provide both a western viewpoint and Thai (and to speak with an authority on the latter rarely if ever matched).

There are others...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Jingthing deserves it. He goes out of his way to help people and is never rude to anyone

As a runner up I'd like to mention Neversure for his economic common sense. I haven't seen him mention and I'm vehemently against at least one of the major nominees. Awarding poster of the year to a major antagonist don't make no sense to me

Edited by Nana Cowboy