Poster Of The Year Nominations

smokie36

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"mods are excluded from the voting."

Is that because we can see more than the average member or payback time? tongue.png

Because mods are upstanding people of high moral character who would never use their powers to rig the poll results or alter anything in order to present themselves in a better light..biggrin.png

Such kind words whistling.gif

Would have to go for the Blether, nobody gets that many likes for nothing...................wink.png

Interesting topics; he kept the flow going through the quiet periods.

Also SteeleJoe for his straight to the point replies.

Actually, for different reasons, there are too many to name even in the few forums I visit, let alone all the sub-forums here....blink.png

Its gotta be "Blether".

Ive always thought when I read his op topics its almost written like a journalist would write.

Much better at explaining what hes on about than anyone else I can think of.

Hey op, there should be an award for who has the most "kick ass" house in Thailand.....There are some absolute beautiful pads guys are doing.

theblether has brought a sparkle to the forum, we/l may not agree on certain stuff BUT it really is good to talk and listen from every angle. Sooooo the Scot has my vote.

Many more in my view are great posters and has made me think about stuff in different ways which makes my day, sooooo in a way everyone of you gets my vote too. thumbsup.gif ...................smile.png

• Like 2

My vote also goes to theblether......I laughed until I cried when I read his thread on how to grow chickens.

I also nominate Villagefarang for the most sensible answers with 35 years living here, experience goes a long way, and easy going nature, plus not to mention some great pics of CM.

theblether has brought a sparkle to the forum, we/l may not agree on certain stuff BUT it really is good to talk and listen from every angle. Sooooo the Scot has my vote.

Many more in my view are great posters and has made me think about stuff in different ways which makes my day, sooooo in a way everyone of you gets my vote too. thumbsup.gif ...................smile.png

Ditto

I think the 'likes' are the best measurement to use for 'best poster'.

Use an offset to count only the likes from this year and the answer is clear.

But, should 'likes' in 'general' have the same weight as 'likes' in another subforum (i am hinting to the farmers forum!)?

Edited by Khun Jean

But, should 'likes' in 'general' have the same weight as 'likes' in another subforum (i am hinting to the farmers forum!)?

So why bother having a poll then at all if it's just about likes and the result is PREDETERMINED?

Yes, likes can be open to "games" (think about it just a little bit; not going to spell it out to be polite). Polls (mostly) can't.

Also like numbers are so reductionist and cold and leave out the subjective factor.

If it's just likes, the game is over before before it begins. Where is the FUN in that?

Edited by Jingthing

So why have a poll then at all if it's just about likes?

Yes, likes can be open to "games" (think about it just a little bit; not going to spell it out to be polite). Polls (mostly) can't.

I remember dislikes on Tv. whistling.gif
  • Like 1

My vote is able to be bribed in exchange for a jug of cold Leo (without ice) drunk.gif

I can be corrupt as well and accept jugs from several people, it might get expensive for the finalist, but this is a Thai election after all giggle.gif

Edited by jcw
  • Like 1

Just for that,

I vote Transam.......biggrin.png

My vote is able to be bribed in exchange for a jug of cold Leo (without ice) drunk.gif

Leo. bah.gif ............................laugh.png

Changed my mind, cant vote for anyone who dislikes Leo sorry Transam.

Leo is quite easily the best beer in Thailand...and yes, NO ice in beer....stoopid idea.

• Like 1

TommoPhysicist is a personal favourite of mine. At first I thought he was a nutter but he seems to have planned his life in Thailand and not let Thailand plan his life.

He has a thick skin and doesn't search for likes, infact he won't even read this because he probably thinks It's a backside kissing contest.

• Like 2

Just for that,

I vote Transam.......biggrin.png

Transam....Tommo....and I think we should add Thaddeus for his witty repartee....