Poster Of The Year Nominations

smokie36

We need some more nominations for the subforum category. Get your thinking caps on folks! biggrin.png

Motoring, IMHO, no question. thumbsup.gif

I know you love your motors transam but I'm looking for nominations of posters...not the entire forum! biggrin.png

Imagining pitchforks and spanners at the ready for battle....clap2.gif

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need some more nominations for the subforum category. Get your thinking caps on folks! biggrin.png

Motoring, IMHO, no question. thumbsup.gif

I know you love your motors transam but I'm looking for nominations of posters...not the entire forum! biggrin.png

Imagining pitchforks and spanners at the ready for battle....clap2.gif

I have a torque wrench. eeeeeeeeer, no l don't, it all went. sad.png
  • Like 1

I vote for Khun Klingon in the Chiang Mai forum; his cheerful predisposition is exemplary.

You mean Naam right?

The other nomination has me perplexed as well....maybe you could translate for me?

The other one was an imaginary poster: the collective forum member who represents everyone of us who altogether make this forum what it is...

Sorry if that was lost on you and others. Glad it got you thinking, who it could be. biggrin.png

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

I vote for Khun Klingon in the Chiang Mai forum; his cheerful predisposition is exemplary.

You mean Naam right?

The other nomination has me perplexed as well....maybe you could translate for me?

The other one was an imaginary poster: the collective forum member who represents everyone of us who altogether make this forum what it is...

Sorry if that was lost on you and others. Glad it got you thinking, who it could be. biggrin.png

I agree. I nominate "The Unknown Poster". This could represent those fallen by the wayside...

or have they?whistling.gif

• Like 2

I agree. I nominate "The Unknown Poster". This could represent those fallen by the wayside...

Bit deep and metaphorical for you lot innit?

• Like 1

Apart from Sheryl, the mod in the building forum Crossy has probably saved more lives of forum readers than any other person here with very practical advice regarding electricity wiring.

Seeing they are out of it, "electau" is defiantly worth my vote, he is more by western standards which can be difficult to implement here, but his advice to question has undoubtedly saved lives, including mine. Yes they saved my life by helping me to install proper wiring. protection and do it at a decent cost.

Naam, is also very help full and full of knowledge, even if he does have an arrogant sarcastic side, knowledge of helpful gold.

Apart from Sheryl, the mod in the building forum Crossy has probably saved more lives of forum readers than any other person here with very practical advice regarding electricity wiring.

Seeing they are out of it, "electau" is defiantly worth my vote, he is more by western standards which can be difficult to implement here, but his advice to question has undoubtedly saved lives, including mine. Yes they saved my life by helping me to install proper wiring. protection and do it at a decent cost.

Naam, is also very help full and full of knowledge, even if he does have an arrogant sarcastic side, knowledge of helpful gold.

Maybe should nominate Naam's dog in this case, as that's normally the one he's refering to as being smarter than any TV member.bah.gif Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

Bit deep and metaphorical for you lot innit?

We're far more intelligent than we let on here SVB....its just that we would hate to disappoint you lot. Now go and play with your shiny new buttons. laugh.png

• Like 2

electau is surely one for the local forum contest. wink.png

I think the 'likes' are the best measurement to use for 'best poster'.

Use an offset to count only the likes from this year and the answer is clear.

But, should 'likes' in 'general' have the same weight as 'likes' in another subforum (i am hinting to the farmers forum!)?

So why bother having a poll then at all if it's just about likes and the result is PREDETERMINED?

Yes, likes can be open to "games" (think about it just a little bit; not going to spell it out to be polite). Polls (mostly) can't.

Also like numbers are so reductionist and cold and leave out the subjective factor.

If it's just likes, the game is over before before it begins. Where is the FUN in that?

It is not my website but if it was i would bring back the 'dislike' button and maybe a 'witty' button because making a joke is certaintly fun but almost never helpfull.

Certainly hide the members name who liked a post. Much better if it is anonymous. Get rid of the current notifications and only notify of an event without all the info.

Substract the dislikes from the likes.

Make the 'like' totals unavailable, maybe publish some rankings during the year, have some categories. Then reveal the winner at the end of the year. I would even have a reward for the best 3. It would then hopefully encourage people to stay polite and helpfull during the whole time. With so many members as TV has, this should be easy to do.

Edited by Khun Jean

But, should 'likes' in 'general' have the same weight as 'likes' in another subforum (i am hinting to the farmers forum!)?

So why bother having a poll then at all if it's just about likes and the result is PREDETERMINED?

Yes, likes can be open to "games" (think about it just a little bit; not going to spell it out to be polite). Polls (mostly) can't.

Also like numbers are so reductionist and cold and leave out the subjective factor.

If it's just likes, the game is over before before it begins. Where is the FUN in that?

It is not my website but if it was i would bring back the 'dislike' button and maybe a 'witty' button because making a joke is certaintly fun but almost never helpfull.

Certainly hide the members name who liked a post. Much better if it is anonymous. Get rid of the current notifications and only notify of an event without all the info.

Make the 'like' totals unavailable, maybe publish some rankings during the year, have some categories. Then reveal the winner at the end of the year. I would even have a reward for the best 3. It would then hopefully encourage people to stay polite and helpfull during the whole time. With so many members as TV has, this should be easy to do.

There really is no way to win with these "like/dislike," "green/red" rep point systems. The other major forum uses those but has, I noticed, added an option for each member to "opt-out" and disable rep points. Let's face it. Popular members, who spend lots of time on a forum, who are prolific posters across many threads, will get lots of both likes and dislikes. At the same time, some members post very useful material in one or two forums only here, and may never get noticed.

I like the idea of overall poster of the year forum-wide (probably the most prolific and popular poster), and at the same time, subforum poster of the year in each subforum.

Probably not a workable idea.

• Like 2

Is there a prize for most suspensions in a year? I may be in the running for thatbiggrin.png

You probably not the only one.

I'd like to nominate metisdead for the best sense of humour poster.

:lol:

Just to remind everyone, no mods for nominations.

(almost managed that with a straight face)

• Like 2

There really is no way to win with these "like/dislike," "green/red" rep point systems. The other major forum uses those but has, I noticed, added an option for each member to "opt-out" and disable rep points. Let's face it. Popular members, who spend lots of time on a forum, who are prolific posters across many threads, will get lots of both likes and dislikes. At the same time, some members post very useful material in one or two forums only here, and may never get noticed.

I like the idea of overall poster of the year forum-wide (probably the most prolific and popular poster), and at the same time, subforum poster of the year in each subforum.

Probably not a workable idea.

I considered it....but its too much I think really.

Is there a prize for most suspensions in a year? I may be in the running for thatbiggrin.png

laugh.png

Just to remind everyone, no mods for nominations.

(almost managed that with a straight face)

Sorry...I thought you said they could not nominate anybody.

And he'd be top of class in the "best with pancakes" category

SC

I can see why we're not allowed to nominate mods; it would be like Quadrophenia all over again

And he'd be top of class in the "best with pancakes" category

SC

I can see why we're not allowed to nominate mods; it would be like Quadrophenia all over again

There is some wicked stuff out there by him if you can read between the lines.

love the quality posters,london pete,devon wayne,pattaya paul,patong phillip,udon barry,isaan expert,cmk,had yai feemer,been here 5 years not speak thai,thanks to you all for your posts.

but also like the quality posters,know their immigration,family,culture,language fings,you are what makes a forum.

the "nice boys",blether,smokie,haa yak,sii yak,saam yak.

I disagree. Mr Smokie is perhaps the most prolific poster. He's okay. He straight.

Other members -- ah, humbug, I can't remember their names -- write their posts in such a way as to accrue likes.

One needs to consider whether the poster is a true mariner or just a fair weather sailor.

Put another way: some posters post because they have something to say; others post simply because they want "likes". Herein lies the difference between the man who possesses self-confidence and self-esteem, and the man who doesn't.

As for that Big Johnny guy, all his posts were geared towards that ultimate (and never failing) cult-like revelation. It would appear that the days of "My Program" are now gone.

As for how long the HUMBUG troll persists, who knows.

Edited by Modem

some posters post because they have something to say;

Were you trying to say something ?

Dude: the sell by date has expired. Posting rights gone. You ain't fooling no one. Time to go.

See you then....dont let the door bang your big backside on the way out...

Dude: the sell by date has expired. Posting rights gone. You ain't fooling no one. Time to go.

I know Humbugged....he's a top bloke....let's lay off the insults until the voting begins. :D

I know Humbugged....he's a top bloke....let's lay off the insults until the voting begins. biggrin.png

And thats not to be construed with the gay terminology.

Modem needs to learn some manners...just cos he has not been nominated....nor have I and you don't see me causing a ruccus. You'll get nothing from me but sincerity and logic.