Dentist Needed!

jauntyjohn

Hi -

Best kept secret. St. Louis Hospital at Surasak BTS. They do great work and very reasonable! I had been going to several private dentists and was recommended this place and have had great work done!

Many friends now going there and all love it! Very cheap. 2 days ago I had check up and cleaning for 700 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff. Wish I had found all these comments earlier. I spent days typing up all my experience with dentist and putting it up on my very first web site (OK, I needed a topic, but the content is all honest). For those interested, I added it as my homepage in my profile. It also contains my own little horror story ('candlelight root canal') and a few warnings. Overall I am a great fan of medical services in Thailand.

Cheers,

Ceedee

• 2 months later...

I had a small filling that felled out and had to be replaced. I also wanted to discuss an implant. As i had some bad experiences from smaller dental clinics, I decided to visit one of the “fancy” clinics. I went to Bangkok International Dental Center at Ding Deang who is highly recommended at some websites.

The Doctor (lady) was really gentle… I almost didn’t feel anything. Back down at the reception to pay, I was charged 2000b for two replacements??? The doctor had forgot to tell me that the missing filling was actually two.. One that affected two tooths… Satisfied with that answer I paid the 2000b… But I didn’t got a receipt so I had to ask for it.

Today I looked at their website and found out this:

Filling Replacments (Tooth coloured material)

Composite resin: first surface surface 600 - 800 Baht

Composite resin: next surface surface 200 - 500 Baht

So my questions are:

Did they fool me?

Has anyone else here done an implant at Bangkok International Dental Center at Ding Deang?? What was you impression??

I had a small filling that felled out and had to be replaced. I also wanted to discuss an implant. As i had some bad experiences from smaller dental clinics, I decided to visit one of the “fancy” clinics. I went to Bangkok International Dental Center at Ding Deang who is highly recommended at some websites.

The Doctor (lady) was really gentle… I almost didn’t feel anything. Back down at the reception to pay, I was charged 2000b for two replacements??? The doctor had forgot to tell me that the missing filling was actually two.. One that affected two tooths… Satisfied with that answer I paid the 2000b… But I didn’t got a receipt so I had to ask for it.

So my questions are:

Did they fool me?

Has anyone else here done an implant at Bangkok International Dental Center at Ding Deang?? What was you impression??

GO BACK AND ASK THEM......

Many friends now going there and all love it!

Now that's got to be a bit of a exaggeration, how can anyone love the dentist? :D

I went to the dentist in the UK the other day, for the first time in 15 years, and they said my teeth were in perfect condition, just needed a scrape and polish. Went for that thankfully i am nhs so it only cost me £20 but i can believe i actually paid for that pain :o:D

Now that's got to be a bit of a exaggeration, how can anyone love the dentist? :o

If she is pretty, gentle and tender - heck, who cares what she works... :D

Back to topic. I or better say the entire family go to a small clinic on Soi Sathu Pradit. On the right hand side if you come from Thanon Chan and shortly before the intersection with Thanon Ratchada.

Decent job and 400 Baht for a filling as I recall. Foreigners and Thais charged equally at least as per my own experience.

Edited by Richard Hall

• 2 weeks later...

So my questions are:

Did they fool me?

"Sorry...I don't do impressions; just tell funny stories." Tommy Cooper circa. 1973

shopping around helps... i tried a dentist in asoke, which tried to push me in the chair to take x-rays and stuff. I resisted, and asked for a normal guess of price. The tooth was broken and therefore couldn't be filled, she said it needed a pin and a crown. the needed root-canal treatment for that would be charged at 8000 baht. pin and crown would added on that. total around 20.000baht.

I tried a dentist opposite of mahidol university: 10.000 baht for everything... Also root, pin and crown...