Mountain Biking In Chiang Mai

chiangmaiexpat

Anyone interested in mountain biking on the weekends around Chiang Mai or looking for a riding buddy? Please drop me a line. I did a number of solo tours since the season started. Have a few more tours on my mind that I want to do plus some exploratory riding in the Mae Jo area. Cross country, mountain terrain on tarmac, dirt, uphill + downhill, whatever. I am not a hardcore downhiller, but OK with moderately technical trails.

Cheers, CM-Expat

Thanks ianf and MESmith for your suggestions. Didn't know there was a cycling forum right here on TV. I will definitely look into it. I have been following the Chiang Mai Road Riders on Yahoo group for a while. From what I gather, these chaps all drive ultralight road bikes zipping along on asphalt roads at 20-40 kph. I doubt this is going to be much fun on an MTB. smile.png

Cheers, CM-Expat

Thanks ianf and MESmith for your suggestions. Didn't know there was a cycling forum right here on TV. I will definitely look into it. I have been following the Chiang Mai Road Riders on Yahoo group for a while. From what I gather, these chaps all drive ultralight road bikes zipping along on asphalt roads at 20-40 kph. I doubt this is going to be much fun on an MTB. smile.png

Cheers, CM-Expat

Is this for free and for companionship or are you charging fees? There are some people out there doing this for a fee and it is likely illegal.

Is this for

My riding style doesn’t sound all that different to yours but I do my riding in Phaya Mengrai, outside of Chiang Rai. I have grown accustomed to solo riding and like the freedom to go where I want , when I want. Organized bike rides usually mean transporting the bike to the start point and a long drive home with a dirty bike after an already long day.

I don’t mind 40 or 50 km on the trail but when I am done, I am done, so like to end up at home where I began. Good luck finding some likeminded soul to ride with. Like your pictures by the way.

Luckily for me he found me here. I've usually ride alone for the same reasons. It was a great day out showing chiangmaiexpat some of my favorite local trails and I agree with you about starting and ending from one's front door which we did as we live quite close to each other. MESmith these are the trails I've spoke about w/you in my neck of the woods. I can email you a map from my iphone tracking (hike & bike) app if you'd like.

• Like 2